1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Collect ABJD along a theme or rainbow assortment?

Apr 18, 2009

1. Haha yes, I feel like I do gravitate to certain moulds.
      I feel that I am wishing for moulds similar to the BlueFairy Louis ^^
      I already have an SD and yo-sd in mind that look kinda of similar & I am wishing for. :sweat
      It's just that I love the look/vibe that is given off @__@

Though for my next doll, he just caught my eye so I want him~ XD
      I've always wanted a cute and pretty boy :3

2. Oh man, what a question! I think I have one of those double rainbows that span the entire sky!
      When I started collecting I had no theme in mind at all. I then got my first Elf and thought it would be good to collect just elves. Thats how I got my Phelan (chiwoo elf) and then Vlad was a special head with my mnf Shiwoo elf, couldn't bond with the elf but fell for the vampire!
      Then I was bitten by the Volks bug, and also the Puki cute!
      I do try to group or pair up my dolls but i do have a few loners in the crew. I also seem to have ended up with at least one of just about every size from Puki to sd13, how did that happen*_*
      So to answer the question, no there is no theme, just a mish mash of beautiful dolls, and I would not change that for anything!

3. I seem to have 2 themes going at the moment: Boys, and 60cm dolls. I have two girls and 2 42cm dolls.

3 60cm boys, soon to be 4
      1 60cm girl
      1 42cm boy
      1 42cm girl

I'm already saving for my next four and three of them are boys all 60cm or more in size. What can I say, I like 'em big. :lol:

As far as resin colour, I have an affinity for white skin, but I do have a boy in NS, and Just recently dyed one tan. I prefer them all to be open-eyed, but I do have a dreaming vampire. As for species, all are welcome here, I like a little variety.

4. Boys. Definitely boys. I've only got 1 girl, and she's a tomboy. :sweat I've tried for girls several times but never seem able to hang onto them.

60cm and up. With 2 exceptions, I can't seem to bond with the smaller dolls.

I also collect white skin vampire/elves.

5. Hmm, themes? I have some:

1. Volks. I seem to really like Volks. Not that I don't like other companies, but Volks comprises a good chunk. Out of the 6 (and two on the way)I have, 3 are Volks and I'm planning to get another one too.

2. Variety. Other than being quite guilty of liking Volks, I do tend to also take from lots of other categories. I have one from Luts, Soom, Leeke, two from Glorydoll coming, and plan on having one from Dollstown and another from Souldoll. Other than having a preference for Volks, I like to switch the rest up and I appreciate the different looks that varied companies have. I find I like so many sculpt aesthetics that I don't just want to own one company's look. :)

3. I prefer SD size, but like to have one of each other size too. Most of the dolls I have, or plan on having, are SD size, but I do have one 70cm size, one MSD, and one YoSD. I also plan to have a Puki at some point. I like to at least have one doll representing the other sizes. Again, I like the variety. I don't like to feel like I'm missing out. XD

4. I prefer girls, but do like to keep a couple different boys around. At the moment, I own 2 boys and 4 girls, with 2 more girls on the way, and I plan on owning at least 3 more girls yet and only 1 more boy. This will probably change, but I do favor the girls.

5. NONE OF THEM CAN LOOK THE SAME. This seems to be my golden rule of doll collecting. I like for none of the dolls to have similar aesthetics. One of them is blonde with green eyes and wears lots of white, one is brown haired with brown eyes and wears casual clothes, one has white skin and black hair and wears lots of black, etc. Having one that reminds me of the other one doesn't interest me. The only way I'm okay with similar aesthetics is if one is a boy and the other is a girl, or different sizes. Something has to make them different.

6. I definitely have a theme(s) going:

1 - Realistic sculpts in 1/3 size.
      2 - All named after gods/goddesses and are immortal.
      3 - Warriors, Sorcerers, Paladins, serving in the Silver Court
      4 - I prefer to have mine paired as couples, currently 8 female, 7 male.
      5 - I have several from the same companies, Elfdoll, Unidoll, and Soom.

7. My 'themes' seem to be the following ones:

MSD - 8 out of 10 dolls are MSD

Boys - 9 out of 10 are boys

Blond - 6 out of 10 have either white, blond or silver blond hair

Fairyland - 6 out of 10, the rest include 2 DZ dolls, 1 Lati Blue, 1 CP Delf

El - I've got 3 MNF Els and one Delf El

8. Basically I'm down to 2 groups, tinies & SDs. I sold my MSDs as I didn't play with them. My tinies are all magical creatures & live in an enchanted wood. My SDs have an alternative universe as well. Most of them are magical beings of some type. While I started with only realistic dolls, the big eyed girls like Customhouse & Peak's Wood drew me in so now they're faeries which explains their unusual looks.

I'm also in the process of weeding out those who don't have strong personalities so my collection will be a little tighter.

9. My overall 'theme' I guess would be boys. I tried to order girls but I'm just attracted to boys more, I have one girly boy, he'll suffice for the girl role at home. Other than that, they have match in looks, looking like they can exsist together. Height wise it's a bit of a hit and miss between 45cm-66cm tall. I like SDs a lot more than MSD, I only have 2 because one isn't mine and the other was my first.

Hmmm maybe the grumpy/smirking look. All my dolls are capable of looking like they're smirking in the right angles. So boys, mainly SD sized and smirky. Companies wise I have more CP delfs and Volks boys... and tend to like CP (Fairyland and Delfs) and Volks more. But I like to have some variety.

10. Recurring themes for me would be: boys/young men, SD sized, somewhat mature molds(though not too realistic), half closed eyes, and natural skin resin.

I have girls, WS dolls, a blue doll, tiny, MSD and odd sized dolls, and a little bit of everything from different companies. I have a lot of hybrids, but most of my dolls have several of the "themes" I mentioned. I also seem to have a thing for black wigs. ;)

11. uuuummmmm...both? all of the above?? i seem to have lots of themes, but there is always one or two of my dolls who blows the theme up.

My characters: ended with my fourth doll Wyn, who was not an OC of mine. ive since worked him into the "main" story, tho it took me adding 2 more characters (and then of course dolls) to the group. so now they all fit. but i have 2 anime dolls. oops.

White Skin dolls: uh yeah. my first was a NS. i now have 5 NS, one on the way and a Tan doll, but the rest and majority are WS

sculpts: i dont adhere to a formula, i buy what works for the character i want as a doll...as a result, i have slightly more realistic dolls (dollmore, Migidoll) mixed in with my not-realistic-in-the-slightest (CP Luts, B&G). however, i do own more than one doll from each represented company...
      Dollmore:
      Kara Klum NS
      Kara Klum WS
      Pado
      Migidoll:
      Miho
      Ryu
      B&G:
      Sapphira
      Afra
      Ymir
      Aurora
      Leile
      ResinSoul:
      Mei
      Song
      CP (Luts/Fairyland):
      El
      MNF Shiwoo
      Breakaway Vampire (waiting)
      LeekeWorld:
      Peanut
      Bebe

i used to own all boys, but i have one girl now, and one floating head who will be a girl :3

all my characters/dolls were non-humans...i have 4 vampires (2 vampires are the same character - and half angel), 2 angels, half elf - half troll, full elf, half sprite - half kangaroo rat, half demon, two dolls that are the same character half human - half angel, one half demon, and a ghost....and the two anime dolls who are i guess human.
      but then i got one more floating head who is my one and only human character. or will be when she gets a body.

most of my dolls all have a variation of the Jpop Kana/Monique Jojo wig that i cut and style differently.

i like them all to be as different from one another as possible....
      i dont like any of my dolls to have the same eye color, hair color or combination of the two so i dont have a color theme.
      no two dolls can have the same body so i do a lot of hybriding
      none of them have the same syle of dressing
      other than my two B&Gs and my Ryu who all have a faceup from the same person, and my 4 representing one character, the faces have to be different as well...

i know theres more, but i just realized how long this got.
      maybe im more of rainbow person...XD

12. I only have one doll right now, but my wish list has developed some themes already.

My Characters: I pick dolls that are closest to my characters. All relating characters have to be of a similar size so that they match.

Girls: I only have one male doll on my wish list... and that's probably because he's really the only male character I have.

I have no theme for skin on my wish list. Sanyu is normal, Gael HAS to be tan, and Delaney HAS to be white skin, so on... I also have no real size theme, except that relating characters have to be in relating sizes. Sanyu and Gael both have to be MSD. Delaney is going to be a Little Fee, so Gwen and Alistair have to be SD to match, etc...

As for companies... I appear to have gravitated towards Fairyland. It is not intentional, it's just that they seem to just have all my characters perfect. That may change, depending on whether or not I'm going to add Sera and Aura to my wish list... *_*

Also, on a random note... the characters I want seem to be families, so their hair color at least matches. Sanyu and Gael both have black hair. Delaney and Gwen will both have blond hair, etc...

13. I have a couple "themes" running around. x.x

Girls: Definitely the "cute anime" look with rosebud lips and a little snarky. I tend to lean towards volks girls because they are the epitome of this.

Boys: Lately I've been looking at slightly more mature boys with amazing mouths. Like Achernar or Leeke Cliffe (head on the way! mwahahaha!!). There isn't a particular company I'm extra fond of for these guys. I like them to look a little sarcastic as well.

Style: Veeeery formal and frilly for the girls. The boys will be in-betweenish. Unnatural hair or eye colors also seem to be a tendency.

Size is one thing I don't really stick with. Having an assortment of sizes is one of the ways to keep my dolls from looking toooo similar to my liking. XD I have two SDs and a MSD now, then a couple of tinies are on my wishlist.

14. I don't think I'm following any sort of tread with my doll plans, other than maybe "nothing under SD size" xDD I was originally planning on only getting boys, because I wasn't a big fan of girl dolls, but then I decided to doll the 4 main characters of a story I'm writing, and two of them are girls, so there went that idea xDD One of them is a huge tomboy though, so we can just pretend she's a guy. xD

But yeah, so far I have Tae-Jun (Souldoll Tae) who is very asian looking, Asriel (Migidoll Ryu) who's going to be blonde and blue-eyed, and then my 4 future planned dolls: Switch (silentecho Jian), Kat (Dollmore Model Sleepy Eyes Bella Auden), Nic (Soom Lupin), and James (Iplehouse Luo). If you see a theme there, let me know! xDD I think they are just a very random assortment who work for their respective characters.

15. I have the same rule about none of them can look the same. I like diversity in my collections. Right now I guess my theme is anthro dolls. My first two purchases were Pet Ari Nara and Pipos Mac. I still want Dalsoo and Shikal. I will eventually end up getting a cat and a fox from somewhere as well.

16. I've been collecting over 3 years and have kept to realistic SD sculpts and my sizes run from my 52cm Zaoll Muse to my 70 cm Iple Evan. However, they all in scale with each other. I like the fact that there is some difference in their sizes since people come in different sizes.

While mine do come from a a number of companies, Soom, Elfdoll and Iple are the three companies I'm most attracted to and the ones from which I have ordered multiple dolls.

17. I think I am defenetly a Rainbow collector, though I do collect mostly dolls I can turn into fantasy creatures. I have dolls of all different sizes, both boys and girls, ranging from cute to stern, and none of them are from the same company:

My Elf: Dollshe Saint - Haplo

My Gypsie: Iplehouse Tatiana - Cychwynn

My Androide: Migidoll Ryu - Sentinial

My Demon:Fairyland Ante - Aithne

and I have another doll coming in:

My Celtic Warrior Woman: Soom Amber - Branea

18. I guess I do have a few themes lately:

White skin: When I first got into the hobby I didn't like white skin at all. But now, when I have a choice between two colors, I almost always go for white. My brood is starting to become a little more supernatural, so I prefer the ethereal quality of nearly colorless resin.

Girls: I've always been drawn more to girls. What can I say? I like to make and buy cute clothes, and I've never been the type of person to put boy dolls in skirts XD.

Children: Most of my dolls, and almost all of my wishlist dolls, are childlike molds. Once again, I like cute and cheerful clothing that just doesn't look right on adult dolls. Occasionally I want to make something sophisticated or elegant, and then I'm glad I have a few adults.

Of course, to counteract all this above information, my favorite doll is my Amakusa. He's a normal skin male adult doll, completely opposite from what I usually like ^^;.

19. Hmm. My dolls kinda stay in groups....

Vampires/Elves: Kaiden, Sadie
      Pipos: Hunter
      Floating heads: Pepper and Jaxon
      Practice doll: Sparrow.

And hoping to bring Gemini home soooonnn too

20. Well this is a perfect question for me! My collection is very specific. I only collect Volks SD16 Girls at the moment. I currently own 4 and will be buying my 5th shortly. Although I could be tempted by an SD16 Boy....(hopes for a Yukinojo rerelease!!!!)