1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Collect ABJD along a theme or rainbow assortment?

Apr 18, 2009

1. I have themes too.

Boys: The majority of my crew is male. I have very few females compared to the males. 42 males and 17 females, not counting my Taeyang.

Luts: I think I counted around 27-30 Luts dolls. I shouldn't say Luts though as most are Delfs, meaning CP dolls. Luts just puts them them out.

Size: Most of my crew are large, or tiny. I have 6 full minis, and one head. I have 18 tinies, with three more incoming, but 16 are full bodied. The rest, 34, are large dolls. I have 4 heads in that group. 30 have bodies.

El: I have 5. 4 are Delfs, one is a Littlefee.

Shiwoo: I have 7. Three Delfs, one's a vampire. Two Littlefee - one normal, one elf. A Pukifee. One Minifee elf.

Elves: I have 9 elves.

Fantasy: I have three werewolves, a couple of vampires, 9 elves, a unicorn, a dragon, a fairy, 3 merpeople (even if one likes being human most of the time!), and a piggy. A kitty is incoming however. I also have a dragon in diguise.

Rockstars: I have three.

Couples: 5. 2 Straight, 3 gay.

Siblings: 6 groups. All the Volks dolls are siblings. My two Cuties Delfs are twins. My Summery and Wintery heads are brothers. The Lu-wens are twins. Zoey and Chloe are twins (MNF Chloe and Juri 2010) My Shoshon and Ender are brothers too.

2. The only theme I have going is that all my dolls are characters from the novels I write. And they're all male. Aside from that, it's rainbow assortment time.

I currently have 2 SD's, 8 MSD's and 4 tinies (+1 OT tiny) and I plan to buy 1 more SD and 1 more MSD to complete all the in-house pairings I've got. Size varies all over the place, too, from 21cm up to 62cm with only 4 dolls being the exact same size (2 AoD's and 2 RS Bao twins) which could make dressing them all a nightmare if I didn't make their clothes myself.

3. Hm. Overall I go for cute/sweet faces with realistic features; I'm not really attracted to scowling dolls. Other than that:

Fraternal Twins: I have two sets of boy+girl twins, FL Littlefee Bisou and Soom Trond and Kivi. For some reason I can't seem to do identical twins!

Pouty yo-sizes: Three of my yo-sized dolls have pouty lips (FL Bisou boy and girl, Iplehouse Efreet). They're not grumpy or sad, that's just how their lips look.

Guys with smirks: I don't have any SD sized boys, but the ones I'm drawn to all have a smirk or grin. (Iplehouse Lee, Chase, and Claude).

Brown hair+Green eyes: Most of my dolls have this color combo. It's kinda "sad" because my favorite hair color is red!

4. I mostly buy dolls because i like how the doll looks. I'm not really one for characters and stories; sure, i have a basic idea of who a doll is and their personality, but not much more than that. They're really just dolls to me. So that said, i have a sort of aesthetic that i'm just naturally drawn to, and i buy dolls based on that.

I definitely gravitate towards girls. Mostly i think because i find girls more fun than guys. You get to put them in dresses and give them makeup and do their hair. All of which i realize you COULD do with a guy, but that's just not my style.

I don't like anything above MSD. Had an SD once and didn't like it at all. They're just waaaayyy too big for me. So MSD is my size ceiling. I haven't had anything smaller than that, though, so i'm not sure of how small i'll go.

I like WEIRD/UGLY dolls. Domadoll Cooki. Notdoll Aletheia. Dust of Dolls. Doll Chateau. The face/body has to really grab me. I just think they're more special and interesting. And generally, the uglier/weirder the better. I especially LOVE dolls with weird proportions, like Doll Chateau and Dust of Dolls. Probably because that's how i like to draw people.

I wouldn't exactly say i like them realistic (see above), but i don't really like the anime style dolls.

All of my dolls (will) have faceups by me, and have warpaint. It's just a thing i like to do. It looks cool.

Also, i've sort of set out on this trend of giving them extremely pale/albino eyes. Not sure how far this will go.

So there you have it. I have more standards than i thought!

5. i do! not by company or skin tone or looking alike. I have 14 dolls from 13 different companies (some are hybrids) and every skin tone from white to pink to normal to brown. I have humans, demons, angels, sprites....long hair, short hair, fiber, mohair, fur....acrylic eyes, glass eyes...pretty diverse. However!

Boys: All but 2 of my 14 are male. I don't bond with girls as much.
      Adult: All but 3 are adult or teen, I don't care for children
      Realistic: at least sort of. No anime sculpts or animals.
      Skin: Only realistic skin tones, no fantasy colors
      Open eyes: No closed eyed or "tender" sculpts. small eyes are fine

Oh! And all characters must in some way relate back to Amir or Loki. If they don't connect to one of the faves in some way, they are GONE.

6. I have some themes, yeah.
      -Boys definitely. Every time I think about getting a girl, it always always gets glossed over in favor of a new boy.
      -SD-sizes I favor the most. I have only one stark contrast and that's my MSD..I don't plan on a tiny (at least, for now).
      -Non-fantasy! I do have fantasy characters but I'd never be able to handle the fantasy parts on dolls. No unnatural skin colors either aside from white.
      -Volks. Granted, as of right now I only have 2 Volks dolls (whereas I promised myself I wouldn't get more than one doll from the same company) but I still plan on at least a few more. Can't help it, I love their dolls!

7. For me it's:
      + boys (I only have 6 girls in a harem of 41 boys)
      + Volks (19 dolls and many other heads with Volks bodies)
      + Fire Emblem game (I have Soren and Ike in adult version, same in Yo-SD size, already planning Puki and MSD versions)
      + creepy (2 skeletons, 1 zombie, 7 ghosts, 2 vampires, 1 anubis, 3 demons, 1 baby in jar)

8. I have Dollstown, Blue Blood, Iplehouse and Fairyland. Most are SD sized except for the little ones who seem to be the big ones children/kids in some form or other. No MSD and I try for realistic faces but most are close while others not even. But they all work together so it's all good. The girls are slowly out numbering the boys, and I find I go more for NS in whatever the company calls NS. I have a couple darker, and a couple paler, but not an issue.

9. I certainly have type. I only like mature minis and all of my dolls are based on my characters that don't necessarily connected to each other in anyway, but some do. I have three dolls that are closely related. My dolls come from many different companies.. however and I have WS, NS, LT, and DT resin tones so I'm really not partial to colour. It's just whatever the character is. I do tend to have more unnatural colouring for hair and eyes, but I do have a blonde with blue eyes so it's not quite like I won't do normal looking dolls. All of my dolls are adults 22-30 years of age so far. I will never have children dolls.

10. My theme tends to be a 'delicate little maiden' theme.

The dolls style is always one with a sweet and feminine face. I love it all the more if it has pouty lips, a rounded button nose and big almond-shaped eyes with a gentle feel to the sculpt.
      The clothing style of them all is either modern-cutesy or sweet-lolita.
      The face-up style always with full, lovely eyelashes, rosie cheeks and kissy or pouty lips.
      The wig styles always the same; long and flowy, either straight or gentle waves, occasionally big curls. The wigs also always tend to be in the same 'family' of colors (light, creamy colors).
      The eye styles are always the biggest size the doll's eyewell will hold and almost always in some shade of blue. Blue-green, light blue, medium blue, dark blue, blue-grey, etc.

So yes, there is absolutely a repeating theme with my dolls. Even repeating right down to the point of buying the same doll (twins), outfit and/or wig just for a visual family-feel between the dolls.

It can be kind of frustrating at times, I see a lovely doll and I think, "Oh! I'd love to add her to my collection someday, she has such a gentle vibe about her mold!" but then I think, "Well, what would you do with her?" and it basically ends up as me doing the exact same thing with her as I've done with another doll. :/ And I mean the EXACT same thing, right down to the face-up, wig, outfit, shoes, etc. So at that point I kind of decide it's best not to get the doll if I'm just doing the very exact same thing over and over. I either find something a bit different to do with them or not get them, so in a way my liking a very set style actually limits the amount of dolls I buy considerably.

11. Fantasy: This is obviously really broad, but every doll i have planned is, in some way or another, not of this world.

Girls: I'm just not a boy doll girl. I've seen one boy doll that I kind of want, but not badly enough to spend the money on xD

Fashion: I guess because it's a big interest of mine, all of my planned dolls have 2389324821387 outfits, a set, distinct style, and with the exception of one character have at least a small fascination with clothing.

Hips: Unf, I love girls with small busts and big hips XD there aren't many out there, but as I fall in love with at least one bottom-heavy sculpt per company that does them, I think it's safe to say by the time they're a thing I'll have a million.

Odd faces: I love dolls with unique/distinct face sculpts. The aesthetic itself varies widely, but as long as it doesn't look like anything I've seen before I'm bound to like it.

12. Nope, I seem to pretty much have a rainbow assortment of dolls. :) Though I am finding myself coming back to Dollfie Dreams for my adult girls for some reason. I dunno if I'm going to try to break that habit or not. We'll see what happens with the next girl.

13. Though I only have one BJD at the moment, I have plans for the one I'm expecting, and I'm definitely planning a theme.

With Scarlett, she's a type of nine-tailed kitsune spirit. For Owen, he's going to be a humanoid Inugami.

I have this weird obsession with Japanese youkai. They're so unique and I can't help but reflect the ones I find most interesting in my doll(s). :D
      I've been thinking about getting another LTF and making her a humanoid karakasa.

14. i don't deliberately have themes but i have had 2 sort of 'accidental' themes develop

boys: 4/5 (soon to be 5/6) of my dolls are male...but this is more a reflection of the fact that i'm really picky with what girl sculpts i like

Resinsoul: 4/5 dolls are from resinsoul but this is mostly due to the fact that i bought all the RS dolls on my wishlist first because they were easier to save for.

Other than that my lot are a little bit of everything. I have 3 different sizes (70cm, 45cm and Littlefee), three different skintones (NS, light tan and green) and elf ears and human ears...

15. I think of my dolls as coming from a modeling agency and their BG stories develop from there. So they tend to fall within the same theme.

- all boys (used to have a couple of gals but they just do not work for me)
      - all 65cm thereabout (only one is on sdgr body but in midst of hunting for a 65cm bod)
      - dress style are modern chic
      - tilted more towards "anime-styled" sculpts
      - all normal skin

16. I have a sort of dual theme going. First I have my Shanlings, my Cirque du Freak character dolls. Then I have the two OCs of mine that I'm closest to.

Further along the line, I may get a RS Feng and a LW Romeo, who I think look like Tom Baker and Paul McGann respectively. So that would make Favorite Doctors for a third theme. :3

I haven't seen a doll that I would really seriously spend the money on just to have the doll itself (though Soom's Zinc came close!).