1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Common/Popular sculpts?

Aug 2, 2018

1. I never get tired of seeing people's Unoa Sist & Lusis dolls. They have such versatility, I just love them and the huge variation of faceup styles they can pull off. I shouldn't ever own one though because they're much too small for me, but Sist & Lusis are definitely in my top ten favorite sculpts to see photos of.

2. I have a Pukifee Ante. she is an exception, I don’t usually love popular molds

3. Minifee Chloe is really cute. Way too popular for my tastes and not really the proportions I like, but I can see why the sculpt sells so well.

4. Emmmm napidoll-carol maybe? Idk how popular is it outside of China, but it is indeed the "we all have it" one in my country hahaha

5. I have two defaults-- volks coco and volks saki so I guess they would be considered pretty common, but I still love them!

6. I definitely see Dollfie Dream Sheryl Nome around a LOT, but I love mine and can’t imagine parting with her!

7. I'm not sure how popular this sculpt is now but Luts Kid Delf Bory. I don't just own one, I own 5 :doh I remember the days when I said I wouldn't even own 1. And 1 turned to 5.

Other ones would be my Luts delf Moon, Migidoll Cho, DoD Homme Ducan, Soom Glati, and Volks Williams.

Generally most were popular a while ago though.

8. I think Volks Williams is the most common and continuously popular doll I have. Volks keeps bringing him back for different releases and he sells every time. I have two of 'em. Volks Michele is always in demand, so I'll count that guy. Bermann used to be crazy popular, I still have him. After that, maybe my Switch Sohwa? I think Switch is just a generally popular company.

Everyone else I have is a little off the beaten path, or like, odd and obscure.

9. I have 4 Fairyland girls (3 LittleFee and a Pukifee). My favorite of these is the LTF Dark Elf Soo. While she can't be called obscure, she's not as popular a sculpt as Ante or Chloe. I do have a Luna, which is a popular sculpt. My Pukifee is the Rin sculpt, which is also pretty popular.

10. Feeple65 Angela, feeple60 Lacrima, I’ve had an Iplehouse Carina, I would totally buy a Soom Sard if the price was easier...I have a Soom Gluino, an iple Stella and a dollshe Bernard, a Zaoll Luv, and a dollshe Amanda ordered.i have 2 RS Mi’s on order, I have 4 ringdolls: none of the more popular heads, but rgm 01/02 are popular bodied. I plan to buy a Dollmore Kara Klum head.

Popular dolls I want, but don’t have plans for: Iple Ashanti, in a perfect world on a HID body in ebony, but I’ll take any body at this point. Feeple60 Scarlett fullset with tail would be on the list. I sure have wanted Soom Dia at one point, and I need either an EID or an impl idol man for a character soon. I also wouldn’t mind a tan fairyland doll (not sure who yet!), and have a character for iOS lacrimosa, who I think is popular. I’d buy iple asa, if I could get just a head, or Doria, or all of them, really.

11. I have a lot of fairly popular sculpts!

My first and second bjds were Elf El and Elf Lishe... yes, a tad more rare with those little pointed ears, but still basically an El and a Lishe!

My Luts Juri '05 was a fairly popular sculpt.

I have a Volks Shirou Tachibana... he's a One-Off, but the sculpt itself was pretty popular. Got released twice.

A fair amount of people ordered Bambicrony tiny colored elves-- I have Misty Blue Kumi and Light Slate Grey Pepe.

Soom became super popular with it's early Monthly Dolls and I have Soom Sard, Heliot, and Euclase.

And I've got a Mirodoll 65cm boy body and Mirodoll boy elf-eared head.

12. I'm fairly sure all of my dolls have been popular at one point or another. It doesn't bother me at all. Just as it wouldn't bother me if they were very unpopular. I love them and that's all that matters to me.
      Migidoll Jina is probably the most popular, but maybe that's eased off a bit now. I will always love the older Migidoll sculpts though because they were the dolls that got me into the hobby. I never get tired of seeing them. (I plan to get a Ryu when I can afford one as well)
      And I have my Delf Soony, which seems to be everyone's grail at the moment (or maybe I only notice that because I stalk the Soony tags, I don't know :lol:)

13. Dollshe Saint (head). I saw the sculpt back when I joined, in 2012, but never had the funds or inspiration to actually get him (he was something of a grail, and I wanted to do something special with him). Then, a couple years ago, I created a character that is profoundly important to me. He's nothing particularly special, he's not the hero of his story or has some sort of world-saving gift, but he's important to me. And, Saint was perfect (it was a tie between him and Venitu, actually, but there was no way I was ever affording the latter).

14. I think the most popular one I own is LittleMonica's Elena. I couldn't resist her she was so cute! :love

15. I tend to not be drawn towards what popular, so my collection is made up of a lot of lesser known oddballs and misfits in the BJD world.

That being said, I'd venture to say my most popular (in the fact that I know there are several of them out there) ones are Impldoll Azalea (elf), Dollzone Raymond, and maybe Supia Jacob (at least of the Supia boys from what I've seen. The others don't seem to get as much love sadly:().

Otherwise, the rest of mine from popular companies are their lesser known/less popular sculpts.

16. For MSD... Without question, I think Minifee Chloe is super popular.

I also have the impression that Switch heads are widely desired by collectors.

As per YoSDs I think the honor goes to Napidoll Carol? Or is it Littlefee Ante?

Which molds do you think are the most popular?

17. I have only been in this hobby a few years and even I can pick out the Minfee Chloe sculpt when I see them posted so I feel your assessment on that particular sculpt may be accurate.

18. LUTS Bory.
      I think he's so popular that most people either recognize him or had him at one point.
      The mold is so popular that he is released in every single size.

19. Littlefee Ante would be a yes! All of those sculpts seem pretty popular and easy to identify. They are beautiful sculpts, so there is no wondering why they’re popular.

20. I definitely agree with you there, on both counts! If I were to name dolls/companies that were most popular, Minifee Chloe and Switch also come to mind. Before I got into the hobby, I also got the impression that Luts was quite sought after. Not sure how true that is these days though. Fairyland undoubtedly has a monopoly over a huge portion of collectors.