1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Compassion Doll

Jan 3, 2018

1. So the user @Rook_Sever politely asked for some pose photos for my Compassion Dolls and I finally had enough free time to sit down and deliver a bit. (Sorry for the wait, like I said in PMs commissions are sucking up all my time which is why my own dolls go neglected!)

Under the spoiler is NSFW doll nudity, just a warning to everyone. Biggish photos as well! I also had to use a cardboard box as an impromptu photo box since I didn't have my lightbox handy. Apologies for the subpar photos:sweat

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, as you can see each doll has a totally different jointing system. Elvis was made after Flynn I believe, and the body for Elvis has the upper hand as far as aesthetics go.

A bit about each doll:

Flynn: Flynn has some pretty good range of motion and the double joints help immensely with many poses. The biggest complaint I have is that due to his bulky body type he tends to be a bit harder to coax in "natural" poses. The bulk of his frame means he tends to look a little stiff sometimes, though this is a complaint I had with literally any more muscular resin doll.

Elvis: Posing on him is definitely more refined and natural. The surprising limitation I have with him where he performs even worse than Flynn does is with poses pulling his thighs up closer to his torso. The range of motion in those poses is almost nonexistent, so he can't really do poses like pulling his knees up to his chest or anything like that though. Otherwise though he's quite expressive and fun to pose, very easy to coax into multiple different poses and even slightly changing the way a limb bends or arches can alter the entire way he emotes.

One strange random observation is that Flynn is smoother than Elvis. Elvis feels like the body has a permanent talcum powder coating, whereas Flynn feels more like his master copy was covered with a semigloss topcoat before casting.

Overall extremely wonderful for the price tag I paid for them, the quality is very much there for dolls that cost under $300 each all said and done. A shame that the artist is closing up shop for the foreseeable future. :sigh

2. Thank you for posting these @TollTheBell! They are beautiful, odd limitations and all. This really increased my desire for one... I hope the artist decides to open up shop again someday. This is definitely one of those cases where I want to reach through the internet and just be like WHAT DO YOU NEED, HOW CAN I MAKE THIS PAINLESS FOR YOU... Ahahaha.

3. @TollTheBell ohhhh, thank you so much for photos!!
      I love how Elvis poses his knee :love Okay, I just love him more :lol: And I like the skintone, this is "normal", right?
      Hope you'll have time soon to make them outfits, wigs, faceups and so on, and post here more photos!

4. [​IMG]
      Look! It's a Compassion Doll Flynn! Now finally almost complete! Seriously, his wig was lost in the postal system for literally four and a half months. Yiiiiikes.

@TollTheBell was kind enough to sell me this Flynn and you had best believe I jumped on that. Such a beautifully-sculpted doll, with such an amazing face, and - it must be said - a really unpleasant stringing system. Seriously, it's pretty bad. The headcap is held on by the S-hook - a teeny-tiny S-hook that will zip right through the head hole and hide inside the body at the least provocation - and actually wiggling the S-hook through the tiny hole in the headcap's resin without damaging anything is a nightmare. I actually ended up putting a big ol' scratch in his face when I tried to get the head off the first time. His faceup involves a scar on his jaw for a reason. :XD:

Also, his legs are held on by an entirely different (terrible) stringing system. There's a weird little separate 'balance beam' piece inside his pelvis that the legs are attached to, and there's only the shallowest little central dent to hold that piece in place during restringing. Looking at it wrong would make the dent fall off the pelvic 'ledge' and require everything to be unstrung and restarted. I am never going to disassemble this little jerk again.

He is super nice to look at, though!

5. I finally put my Elvis together! I also bought him off of @TollTheBell and I'm so happy I did, he's so beautiful and perfect for this character...

[​IMG]

Ta-da! Charlie. ♥ This wig is only temporary--I'm going to get some suri to make him another, nicer one in the future, but even with a temporary wig and no clothes of his own I'm just so in love with him. The body on Elvis is so beautifully sculpted, and he actually does pose pretty well! Finally playing with him just makes me more crushed that the artist stopped making/selling dolls.

I have to agree though, the stringing system? Sucks! I never want to get his headcap off again, so I sure hope I don't need or want to redo this faceup. He's got the same system as @Gallye's--a little S-hook that hooks onto the headcap. No idea why it's designed this way, it doesn't even seem like it'd be easier to sculpt than the more usual setup.

6. Hi-five, @Idoru! He looks great already. Terrible stringing or no, it's a pity these dolls are so rare and hard to get hold of. They look good and pose nicely!

7. I've been doing a lot of sewing lately, and once I got my hands on the Allnurds book that has a bunch of pattern pieces intended to mix-n-match I knew I HAD to make this kind of look for Charlie. Getting his hands off and on for those sleeves was a trial, but at least I have the pegs from my Granado boy to help me...!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's so pretty I can hardly stand it!!