1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

'Complete' Collections of Dolls?

Jun 10, 2010

1. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you? When I've gotten the particular set of characters that my BFF and I have planned out, I think it will be complete. Since we keep making characters, though, I don't know if it'll ever really be complete.. xD; But I don't want to go over 10 SD/MSD dolls (tinies don't count :P). Right now, I have plans for a total of nine, so...

Do you think there will ever come a time when you don't want to buy dolls anymore? (Will you ever be satisfied or will your crave for dollies be insatiable)
      I don't know. I like to think there will be a time when I'm satisfied with the dolls I have and don't want more, but honestly I'm not sure it will happen. xD; I'm always craving pretty dolls.

How many dolls do you think you will want to own in the end? Do you think you will ever sell your dolls or trade them?
      Ten big'uns (SDs/MSDs). Maybe a couple more - I like to give myself wiggle room. :P I do not sell or trade dolls, though. If a doll comes into my house, it stays there; I honestly can't ever see myself selling a doll.

If you could create one realistic goal for your dolls, what would it be?
      Ten dolls (2-3 SDs, 7-8 MSDs), all with faceups, wigs, eyes, and more than one outfit of clothing. That would be pretty ideal.

(Extra question) Are your dolls characters you made before you bought them or do their personalities come in time?
      All are characters before they become dolls; the sculpt is chosen based on the character. In only one case has the sculpt determined the character (my much-longed-for DZ Megi). Most of my dolls are charadolls, though, based on anime/manga characters... so of course they have a predetermined look about them. :P

2. This definitely should be in the memes subforum...

In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      I prefer to say I'm satisfied, rather than insist on completion. I've realized that I prefer to enjoy the dolls first and build their characters second, instead of having existing characters to shell and perfect in doll-form. While I'll be satisfied with my crew, no - I don't think my collection will be complete in terms of "absolute finality", because I don't have any specific doll goals in mind (anymore). I'm sure a sculpt will come along and insist on being a character in my family. *heh*

Do you think there will ever come a time when you don't want to buy dolls anymore?
      Oh yes - my life doesn't revolve around my dolls (though they're important to me now), no doubt there will come a time when the hobby has dropped so far down in priority that buying resin is no longer a desire anymore. In fact I'm kind of there right now. My quartet are already a handful and there's so much to be done with them yet. There are a few other dolls that I like, but the thought of bringing yet more resin home is currently quite unsavoury(!) and outweighs my desire for it. Again, I'm satisfied -- for now. One day I may get back to buying dolls again.

How many dolls do you think you will want to own in the end? Do you think you will ever sell your dolls or trade them?
      I don't know, maybe 6 or 7? I don't think I'll ever break double digits though. And I will sell or trade a doll that I'm no longer interested in, although I don't see that happening often.

(a) Get everyone in the right hair, eyes, face-ups, and clothes, and (b) Do lots of photography and storytelling with them! I think once everyone has achieved (a), I'll start thinking again about acquiring more resin.

Are your dolls characters you made before you bought them or do their personalities come in time?
      One is a shell for an imaginary character that I've had for a long time. I fell in love with the other 3 sculpts, then shortly developed characters for them, which were fleshed out when they came home and I got to play with them more. I'm actually having a harder time with my character-shell than the 3 others -- because trying to make a doll fit PERFECTLY to a pre-existing vision is nigh impossible. I've learnt that I should let the sculpt dictate his/her own character, instead of me trying to make them something else. That's just much easier and allows me to enjoy my dolls as who they are.
      Yeah, totally anthropomorphizing here... I guess that's how my mind reasons it out. :XD:

3. When I saw this I thought it meant collecting each mould that a company has released, or say, every release of Nanuri etc xD. Oh well!

In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?

I'm not sure I really have this. To me a complete collection doesn't exist. I make characters after I get the dolls, rather than having characters ready.

Do you think there will ever come a time when you don't want to buy dolls anymore? (Will you ever be satisfied or will your crave for dollies be insatiable)
      I go through periods of buying them. At the moment I'm on a mad spree again xD. I honestly don't think I will ever stop though.

I already have 68 full dolls. I've never sold nor traded. I don't really have a figure, when I run out of room?

They all have stands. XD. (Also trousers which fit them, Angell-Studio boys have such thin waists!)

(Extra question) Are your dolls characters you made before you bought them or do their personalities come in time?
      No, when they get to me then they get a character. When I first know I am buying I have an idea, but some of them have just been given stories recently.

4. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      When I feel done really. When I feel like there's no other doll I really really want. I have one more incoming doll, and I feel she will complete my family. For now. Maybe someday they'll make another doll that would be perfect for me.

Like I said, when no dolls interest me anymore. I am kindof at that point now. There's one I'd love, but she's worth several thousand dollars, which I'm not that willing to pay for her really.

Over the period of a year and a half, I've owned about 16 dolls, of which a few were just heads. I have 4 now and one incoming, so yeah, I;ve sold xD But right now I'm perfectly happy with all my dolls and have absolutely no desire to sell them.
      Right now I feel like I'll end up with 5, but I prefer even numbers, so it'll probably be six, but like I said, I have no wishlist at the moment.

Get 6 dolls so it would be an even number, be around 50 cm tall (I'll have two yo-sd's, two MSD's and I have one 50cm SD now, so another one would be nice) and I'd want it to be normal skin. I'll have 3 white skins and 3 normal skins.
      I'm silly like that.

it really depends. My first doll came with a character that didn't suit her at all in the end and she's had about 7 metamorphoses, and might get another character switch. Some others came with characters aswell and they just fit, while other decided their own fate so to say.

5. Right now, I know that I need five more to make this little family group complete--as far as I'm aware. I fully expect that, by the time I have those five, one of them will 'tell' me that he or she has a missing sweetheart or sibling or best friend that I need to add. And so it will go. =) But as far as I know now, a total of eight is all I need. I estimate getting there within a year from now.

Right now, I don't foresee getting tired of this. =)

How many will I want to own? No idea. I've promised myself that I'll never buy a doll I can't place in the family--find a seat for at the table, so to speak--and I think that will keep me from ending up with, like, twenty of them.--Seriously, I don't think I could be a good mom for more than ten big dolls.

I can't imagine selling or trading any of the dolls I now have, except my Soom Mini Gem, and that's just because we've had such a hard time bonding. And even with her, I would think really hard before taking that step. My bigger dolls--not a chance.

This is the thing that really puzzles and intrigues me: although I've been making up characters all my life, and have a large and (I think!) interesting troupe, I don't have any interest in making dolls of them. (Nor do I feel like making dolls of my favorite anime characters, though I have many favorites.) My dolls are all original characters who suggested themselves when I first saw them, and/or developed once they were here. I really do wonder why I feel no interest in "embodying" any of my old friends--it seems like such an obvious thing to do, but it doesn't ring any bells for me at all. Even though most of them would make great-looking dollies.

6. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      To me, I always believed my collection would be complete once I fully populated the urban fairytale I created to represent an idealized record of my own life experiences. My BJDs are like a journal to me...but way more fun to look at and interact with than mere words on a page. And yes, as far as I'm concerned, my dream of a completed collection has finally been realized. (One last doll is on layaway.)

Like I mentioned above, I have now reached my goal and I consider my collection pretty much complete. (With one last doll actively on layaway, and one already here but still in the box awaiting a faceup.) I'm not looking to buy anymore.

My final tally has come in at 7...which is a really good number for me because I don't want to be overwhelmed by too many. I love keeping a smaller collection that I can really focus on and pamper and work with artistically. It wasn't easy finding the perfect mix however, especially knowing it would be such a small collection. I worked really hard at it for a long time and I did sell and trade as needed to accomplish my goal. I also kept an open mind and when I truly thought I was done at 6 girls, I surprisingly stumbled across one of my very favorite boys in the marketplace whose owner just happened to shockingly put him up for sale. I jumped on it immediately (realizing that he would be the perfect link to tie all my girls' characters together.) It was one of those "eureka" moments when you just know it's the right thing to do. I guess this is a perfect example of yes, go ahead and set your goal and try to stick to it, but maintain an open mind about your collection.

Believe it or not, I'm getting real close to my goal for my dolls...just a couple more display spaces to complete and each doll will have their very own elaborate room setting to be displayed in. (Each one already has at least one perfect outfit to fit their character, the perfect eyes and wigs and shoes.) I've been working very hard on this for a long time and it's finally becoming a reality. (From here on out it's going to be all about simply playing with the dolls I have, fun with photography and making extensive wardrobes!)

They were all characters first...then I spent scads of time on DoA researching the perfect sculpt for each one. Only one gave me a bit of a hard time. The problem was I didn't have a "complete enough" character for her to start with...only that she was a shadow spirit. And once she was here, her character started to develop it's own unique details which led me on a merry ride, let me tell you! But it worked out remarkably well in the end and I couldn't be happier with her now (even though I had to build her a brand new display space just to accomodate her more elaborate persona!)

7. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      my planned 8 dolls, who frankly, i've got no idea how some are related. as in, i wanted to have 8 dolls, came up with names, and suddenly, the question of "hey, how do they know each other and stuff?" hits me. and maybe a few extras. XD

most likely yes, there will be a time when i don't want to buy dolls anymore. but it's rather unrealistic to say this, since companies always have new dolls, and i might start falling for them, so who knows? but, i suspect there will come such a time, though i might not feel that it's possible right now ;D. it happened with manga, why not with bjds? but clothing and shoes and such will probably still be bought on a regular basis.

8. though it may expand to 10. it's more of the money factor than anything for me, and space. and the fact that my parents don't allow me to have more than one. but i take in the end to mean some time in the future when i'm working, and they can't control my hobby anymore. i hope i won't have to sell or trade them, and i try not to buy a doll unless i'm absolutely certain that i want it and won't sell it. it saves on the hassle of selling them and a possible heartache when you realised that you regretted selling them.

to always have fun with my dolls. all of them (in the end). that's the ultimate joy of having bjds no? and maybe bring them around more often.

some had characters first (eg my incoming head, and another i'm planning to get ...someday), but some are just... somewhat "characterized" but not fully, you get what i mean. like, i had a name for him, a general feeling for him, but i leave it to the doll to evolve. trial and error. haha. this is what happened with my first doll.

8. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      A set of characters I have created would be a "complete collection" to me.

For me personally, I have just about hit that time (I am waiting on my Iple Asa). I have almost created my "complete collection." Of course, there are always going to be dolls that I think are absolutely beautiful, but I have come to the point where I really have a nice set of dolls that fit my characters well. I want to spend more time photographing them and putting together photostories.

If things go according to my plans, I will have 14 total.

I'd like to build a 1/3 scale set to do photostories in. In the fall I will start working on the furniture.

Hmmm. I have two ways of doing things. Sometimes I will plan out a character roughly, then choose a sculpt to complete it. The opposite has been where I see a sculpt I like, then I create a character for it.

9. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      I suppose in theory yes, a "complete" collection would include a doll for each character I've already created. However, I already know from experience that sometimes a doll will catch my eye, develope into a new character, and become a must-have. So, while right now I only have one or two more planned characters I'd like to shell (and therefore have a "complete" collection), I doubt I'll ever feel that my collection is literally complete.

I've actually come to a point where I'm not sure that I want to buy larger dolls anymore (after I got my MSD, the 1/3 size I'd been accustomed to generally started feeling a bit too big for my personal tastes). But MSD and smaller? Hard to say for sure. Right now I feel I'll always have a craving for new dolls. As long as I limit myself to buying only what's within my means, though, I don't think it's really a bad thing.

Not sure. But I know I won't be selling/trading the ones I have unless for some reason it's completely necessary. If I start feeling like I'm "falling out of love" with any of them, I just try re-doing their look, playing with them a bit (hey, it's almost like getting a new doll! XD).

Probably just...don't take them for granted? Getting a brand-new doll is always exciting, but I tend to put the others on the back-burner for a while in that situation. I guess a good goal for me would be to re-kindle interest in the ones I have before jumping on any new or sudden cravings.

Of the four dolls I have right now, three characters were planned. One was spur-of-the-moment. XD

10. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      I've settled on 6 for now. Five of those are something of a complete family: daughter, father, mother, reincarnation of said mother, and the last one's a 1/12 doll belonging to her. This family will be complete with two more layaway payments and an Angelsdoll order. ♥

I don't want to buy dolls anymore. I'm kind of appalled how much money I've spent on this hobby since '06, to be honest...

5 or 6 or 7. I've got 5 to complete the above mentioned family, and one minimee of my favorite male character. I might go one more to get my favorite female character as well. Or sell the minimee, maybe. I'll wait and see how it turns out.

Have them all complete and here!

They're all preexisting characters.

11. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you? This is actually an interesting question for me because I have gone through the process of trying to complete a collection based on characters before. My first doll (DOD camine) was one that didn't have a set character when I got him, but once he had one I built characters around him but by the time I got the second character in doll-form (Dollshe hound) I realized that I didn't really like the molds that much, particularly my camine. My preference for doll-styles had changed. I then moved on to CP dolls and now I find myself selling those for different molds. So, it's not really the characters that keep me interested, it's the molds. A complete collection would be a collection of all my favorite molds that meshed well together, but in the end I'm not sure such a thing could exist for me as my preference for certain doll-styles changes over time.

Do you think there will ever come a time when you don't want to buy dolls anymore? (Will you ever be satisfied or will your crave for dollies be insatiable) Possibly, if I am truly satisfied with molds I buy. I like a lot of different dolls (MNF, Volks, Iplehouse, etc) that would not "fit" with my current crew I'm planning and therefore I probably will never get those other dolls, so I make do by admiring other people's dolls.

How many dolls do you think you will want to own in the end? Do you think you will ever sell your dolls or trade them? I've only have three dolls at one time and that was a lot for me, particularly because I only collect SDs currently. I don't have the room for tons of dolls, and large collections don't appeal to me anyway. I like having a few that I can dote on, lol! I like having a partner or friend for each doll I own so I could see myself having 4 SDs at most and perhaps a separate set of 2 anthros because they are adorable. I never thought I would want anthro dolls, but pipos dolls call to me! One day, one day!

If you could create one realistic goal for your dolls, what would it be? After two "sets" of dolls (Camine and Hound and then my second set of nanuri07, juriA07, and soony) I want to buy molds that I like for the mold, not because one looks like one of my characters or something. Also, I want to get nice accessories for my dolls. I only used to buy acrylic eyes and cheaper store-bought clothes if I even bought them, but for this "set" I want glass eyes, nice clothes if I truly want them, etc. No more skimping! XD I think this may be my last 'set' of dolls and I want them to look nice and how I picture them.

It depends. I didn't have a character for my camine, but created one before he arrived and it completely changed upon seeing him in person. My hound had a character in place and I pretty much bought him solely because he looked like my character. My nanuri, juri, and soony did not have characters and their "personalities" kind of changed over time, but I ended up deciding I didn't like their doll-style as much I used to so I'm selling them. I'm moving on to migidolls, a style that I have always loved. My incoming ryu has somewhat of a character, but he's not really fleshed out too much, it's mainly his looks that I've thought about. As for my planned cho, his look is almost complete but his personality is not set in stone. My cho is a character that I created on a whim and as I've always liked cho and thought the appearance of this character was interesting I decided to go for this character (Tak-mai). I tend to fiddle with personalities once the doll gets here and has a face up, I mainly work on the 'look' of a dol before I get them.

12. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      I think a complete set for me is a core group of characters no way could I have all of them but the core group are nice to have for inspiration.

I know that I have a limit to how many dolls I am going to be comfortable having and I highly doubt I will go much above that number. I think there are always going to be dolls I will see that I would think..wow it would be nice to have that....or wow that sculpt inspires me but I think there is going to be a limit/spot where I am going to be comfortable and happy and not so needy with new dolls

I think five is going to be the magic number for me. I have two more dolls planned in my head to get when money comes in and other then that I am not too interested I think It will be safe to say I will never own more then 10 dolls and will have no problem staying in the 5-8 range

Realistic goal...I would life to have a wig that looks nicer and fits Wen since he is so hard to get wigs for and the wig he has right now is a piece of crap. I would like to get more comfortable photographing Lyric cause she is a little hard to take pictures of, and I want Carter to stay just as freaking cute as he is right now.....

A mix of both. I have characters for my dolls since I buying them (now) based off my own characters but at the same time I bought Carter (my first) with one idea in mind and he has taken it a completely different direction but has ended up kinda coming full circle back to where I expected him. I think having a dollie shell an existing character is going to do one of two things.
      1. Completely not work and you will have to try a new doll cause the character is not working in that doll or
      2. The doll is going to help further develop the character

at least that's how it is for me

13. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      ~My collection will be 'complete' once all the characters I've created from Atale come home. I'm only really missing Furin and Vitae. In the future it is possible that a new sculpt will catch my eye and he will be made into a character, but for now I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for molds that represent my two remaining ones. Furin is ethereal and androgynous, so I flit between bringing home a girl or boy for him. And Vitae is smart, powerful, tall and wicked. So he's been incredibly hard to bring home. I've gone through a few dolls that had some of his requirements, but not all. :<

~Yes, It's happened to me already. I do not see myself as a large collector. Sometimes even the number 11 feels overwhelming to me, because in general I like to keep everything uncluttered. As it is, there are about 30+ dolls in our shared storyline [Alexial Leigh and my own] so although she continues to add... I can't do it.

~ My absolute limit will probably be 13. I love the number, it's lucky, :) If the doll is no longer working for the character, then yes I will sell or trade them to be able to bring home a better representation of him/her.

~Keep only the ones I love, and find great homes for the ones who will no longer stay with me. Spend as much time as possible really looking at the doll before I buy it, to figure out if I'm jumping the gun or if the mold really is perfect for him or her.

~ Most are premade characters. Only a few were purchased first, and then a character created for them later.

14. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      Well, I have four main characters which I'm sure I'll get sometime. However, after that, there are a few more characters I'm debating on getting, so... It may end up being a neverending thing. xP

I'm not sure. Maybe one day I'll just stop enjoying it, who knows? I guess I couldn't keep buying though, so maybe I'd have to downsize or something. D:

Well, asides from the four I mentioned before (lol, rhymes xP), there are another possible four... And then who knows after that. If I completely fall in love with a particular sculpt then I'd probably want it too... I don't know if I'll ever sell / trade my dolls. I know I'm the type of person who'd feel bad aboutit, so unless I'd disliked the doll from the start then I doubt it.

Find the perfect sculpts for each character.

Quinn started off almost the opposite of what he is now... And he was called Josh, too. xD Jasper was a premade character. Thankfully, she suited the character I had planned out.

15. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?

It's not possible to have a complete collection, at least for me, haha. I buy dolls based on the sculpt I like, but I would want most dolls (if it suits their character) to have someone they go with. This could be a lover, friend, guardian, parents, etc. Right now, only two of my dolls really go okay with one another, and so far there really isn't any cohesion to my collection. I suppose this hobby would have to be made out of sub collections; some with as little as a two dolls, and some with a bigger "storyline."

I can't say what will or won't happen in the future, but considering that I had wanted to collect dolls for a long time, finally got into the hobby within the past few years, and really love it, I don't see this stopping any time soon, haha.

Only as many dolls as I have space for, and the time to maintain them.I highly doubt I would sell or trade them unless circumstances were very dire, because each of them already has some strong sentimental value.

I currently have one goal in mind for my dolls, but I don't really wish to share it in case I never do it!

It's a bit of both. Some dolls are preplanned, others develop their "personality" over time.

16. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?

My dolls are modeled after concepts that eventually become characters in my world. So no, I do not know when my collection would be complete.

Yes, but I will have to be completely satisfied with the molds for me not to buy/sell anymore.

My ideal is about 6, with 10 being the limit. I prefer not to trade dolls if necessary.

I want to keep my key players and sell some that I do not think has to be in doll form.

Happens both ways. Sometimes I prefer something different when I see the doll in person and the doll becomes something else. And when that happens I have to decide whether I want to keep it or not. >_>

17. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      For me a complete collection is a pair of twins that I have gone all-out perfecting their appearance, since that is only two dolls I am pretty confident that collection will be possible.

Yes, I'm sure there will be after I get my twins. I started out with two dolls and was planning for four, then I realized I really don't want more than two, once I get the two I have in mind I know I'll be done buying dolls. Clothes/wigs/eyes/shoes/etc on the other hand.. Not so much. :lol: I will never be done buying those, I'm sure of it.

I want two, an adorable little set of twins. Once I get those two I will never trade them, I may sell them however. But that will only happen if I end up leaving the hobby, otherwise they'll be here to stay.

I would like to think all of my goals I have set are realistic, as I've managed to have two dolls before, more expensive ones than these even. I guess a super-realistic down to earth one would be a single doll with a couple wigs, a couple outfits, a couple pairs of shoes and some acrylic eyes. (I say this as I have those things already and almost have enough for the first doll)

I don't really know. My dolls never seen to have the same sort of character that other people's do, mine have a bit of personality but not so much a full character. In that sense I normally have a pretty good idea of what sort of personality they'll have from looking at pictures, if the mold is a sweet face the girl will have a sweet personality, that sort of thing.

18. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?

My 'complete' collection will be once I get at least two more of my planned dolls home. Everything after those two is totally optional and 'want only'. One is a pair with a doll I already have and one is just because he needs to be dolled. He just does, I can't explain the need I have to do it.

I might WANT more, but once I get these two I want, unless I really want to fill up more space I don't really have.... I might not buy all the others on my 'list'.

If I complete my list it'll be somewhere from 10 to 13 dolls. If not, it'll only be the main family of 6. No I won't sell or trade them. Their molds are perfect for them, and I make darn sure of that in the year between my last doll purchase to the time I can again buy a doll. If I have to waffle, then that isn't the right mold.

To finish up this main family and then we'll see about the other guys. Pretty much it's already in progress, I have 4 out of the 6 now.

They were characters for 10 or more years before I ever got them as dolls. And even if something happened and I ended up being rid of their resin-forms, I would still have the characters, because those were mine to start with. Their resin-forms are just things with which I can tell their stories to others.

19. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?

A "complete collection" to me is dertermined by the purpose for the collection. If I wanted to make dolls from a certain story, then that collection would be complete once all characters were aquired. For example, if I wanted to make dolls based on the crew of Firefly's Serenity it would take 9 dolls before the collection was complete. For the story in my head surrounding my doll Josslyn, that story collection will be complete once I "help" her find her brother, Julian.

I doubt I will ever stop wanting dolls; I've loved dolls of all sorts ever since I was a small child. The type of doll I want might change, so I guess that's a yes and no answer.

I think this is a trick question considering the last one! For now, I want to own three more: a male elf for Josslyn, a male doll for a certain Dragon Age templar, and one very special one. Like Ashanti. I will never sell or trade my dolls. I might, however, pass them down to a future daughter or niece one day if she shows any interest in them.

Not to hate me for the mistakes I will make as I learn! There's nothing like having an inanimate object glaring at you or refusing to cooperate because you did something stupid!

Josslyn is the only one I have now, and it's a little from column A and a little from column B. I didn't know she was a bard-in-training, that she's looking for her brother, or that she even had a brother until recently. That said, I have an idea of what Julian is like from her perspective. I won't know the rest of the story until he's here. (scouring the forums for info on RS Song and other tanned/darkly tanned male elves!)

20. In your opinion, What is a 'complete' collection (a family, a set of characters you've created) and will that complete collection ever be real to you?
      A complete collection? Well there's 22 honey delfs and seeing as I do not want that many dolls, no it will never materialize.

I have one more doll on the way - that will make 4 - and then I do not plan on making any more purchases...or at least I'd like to think that! My wish list seems to get longer every day!

I only want to own the 4 I have and doubt if I will ever sell or trade them.

Lots of lovely accessories like wigs, clothes, shoes and stuff, as well as a safer storage place for them!

Umm... I kinda think each doll has come to me with its own wonderful little personality. Makes me wonder how on earth their sculptors knew this was exactly what I wanted!