1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Couples collecting?

Nov 19, 2005

1. My boyfriend always looks uncomfortable around Cossete,
      but he tolerates it and tries to pose her. -smiles-
      My mom's getting into it and she's gonna help me with my crocheting commissions. ^0^

2. My fiancé really likes my EL and he always says hello to him in the morning like, "Hello Aven", and I think it's so cute. ;0; He helped me pay for him and he helps me dress him for those hard-to-get-over-the-head shirts. He can also make him stand better than I can. x'D So while I doubt he'd ever get one for himself, I think he enjoys mine enough as his own. ^-^

He also pretends to moleste him which I don't exactly appreciate. ''>.> ~lol

3. it's so cute..until I read the last little line....it's funny...but poor little guy

4. Well, my fiancé gives his advice each time I ask him but he likes artdolls a lot more than bjd's. He wont say anything if I decide to buy one even if it is our money (although I will make sure he likes the doll I get, otherwise, poor thing, going in a home where someone doesn't like you ...).
      He supports me into my dollmaking projects, but doesn't help, I wouldn't like him to.
      So I'd says no, he is not involved at all, but totally accepts that I am.

5. Djinn - my sister - and I have always been one entity; though we technically have our own dolls, to us all of them are simply 'ours'. Djinn takes care of the faceup and photostory scripting, I do the clothes and photos, and so together we generally can do everything. XD

6. My boy loves dolls, though he's not exactly hooked. He was here when I opened Mitsuru and oggled him muchly (Him: OMG!!!! LOOK AT THE TINY HAT!! *squeeeeee* Him: OMG! PURPLE EYES!!! - yes, he does do that ><). He will talk to Mi on occassion and carried him around Walmart the first day he was here. He isn't so big on Quinn, though, I don't think he likes his looks as much. He loves DoD head molds. Someday, he plans on getting a doll of his own (we have decided no kids - just dolls and cats ^^). For right now, we browse DOA together. I am half tempted to buy him a doll for a graduation present.

7. My partner's helping to finance my purchase of a Haund. :D :D

--MW

8. My girlfriend still between the 'ooh, I want one' stage and the 'there's no way I'm spending that much on a doll' stage.
      Even though she does claim that Hound is the best doll ever.

If I could I'd get one for her, but she's forbidden me to even think about it. Not that I can... :sweat

9. My husband isn't particularly interested in my dolls, but he is interested in the mechanics of them. He's helped me string one from a kit, and he always helps me with the harder headcaps and with wiring. when i got my first BJD i was too scared to take off it's headcap, i was afraid i'd break it, but he dived right in and started playing with eyes and stuff. He's growing more and more supportive, and I'm hoping somewhere down the line (since he's a carpenter) maybe he'll build me a few pieces of dollfie furniture :)

10. My boyfriend has also become really interested in Super Dollfies and a few other particular ABJ-Dolls. I think the point that really drew him in was when he saw SD13 RuTenshi Sakaki (is it Ru- or Rei-?). I bought a Sakaki earlier this year, but I had to sell him due to hard times with surgery and whatnot; My BF remembered Sakaki and how pretty he was, and when I bought another Sakaki he wanted one too~ XD
      I was very "Are you sure??", y'know because it's a lot of money and all, but then he told me he had actually been interested in them for a long time but didn't want to steal my hobby or anything. I was like "NOOO! Like whatever you want! I'm happy that you like them so much!". And now he's waiting for his Sakaki, and he's got an F-16 he's putting together(good taste!). He also really likes Isao Nanjyo, School Head A and DOT Shall.
      He'll go on Yahoo!Japan and be like "WHO IS THIS??", and it's usually Isao. XD
      He's been so nice as to front the payment for some of my SDs and have me pay him back later.

11. My boyfriend is sort of interested in my Dolls and their personalities (And he likes making fun of them too, but he's making fun of their characters, not the fact that they're dolls XP Except for Bran, who gets the occasional tiny-genital joke - Poor little guy), and he's very encouraging, but I don't think he'd ever get one for himself. He likes the dolls, but wouldn't spend that much on one (I mean, how many RP Books and Miniatures would that by? Books are his main hobby in any case ^_^) He does, however, want me to try to make one for him of one of his characters. I've promised I will try, but... well, I can only try ^^; So If I manage to make a good one, then He too will have a Doll ^_^; And If I dont... well, I'll have a mess and a lot of time to try again O_o

Still, he does encourage me to get as many dolls as I want - Probably figures it's a good channel for all those unnecesarry Maternal instincts I've got floating around XP

12. My guy (the elusive non-posting Oboro on here) is one of the ones that is just as hooked as I am! XD He knew and liked BJDs before me, though he was never really "into" them or considered getting one until my obsession took hold. @_@ Just like Mae, our dolls belong to both of us, though the boys are more Oboro's, and the girls mine. Oboro has his own wishlist and we help each other if one of our dream dolls comes along, to pitch in money and bring them home.... it really cuts down on the cost; almost dangerously ;D "Oh, well if we split it, it's ONLY $250!!" "We can do that.. easily. >D " hehe. There's no way I'd have so many dolls if it was just me @_@
      He carries his boys (and Wolf) around at cons, and when we're just out shopping. I think it used to embarass me more than him, even though I carry mine around too @_@...
      He got me Haruka for my birthday, and I got him Klaus for his. We're dolly loving fools.

13. My husband seems to think I'm rather amusing with it, he calls me a goofball all the time D:
      Though I do believe hes warming up to the idea more. We do plan on making two of our dark elf characters into dolls, its just a matter of saving up to get them both at the same time.
      I've been trying to hint that I think Kotarou needs some friends, but he just laughs and tells me that our other 'daughter' (our cat x3) can keep him company.

14. My partner llamajoy and I plan, save, and purchase our dolls entirely together. Together we have four, but it is certainly not a matter of two each, or Diderot is mine and Amandine is hers, etc. We own all of them and buy for them together. ^_^ Even our wish list is pretty much the same. We create their stories together, build enviroments together, I take the photos and Joy manages the webpage archive.

I can't imagine living with someone who didn't care about them, or having to go behind her back for dolls!

15. One of my best friends is the person who predicted that I would eventually own a Super Dollfie, and now that she's seen my boy in real life she really wants to get one of her own. We may end up ordering FCS boys together next year and I imagine that'll make us even closer as friends, not to mention create a kind of bond between the dolls that will keep forcing us to let them visit each other :3

16. Thank you all for your variety of thoughtful responses. I am glad to hear about the varying participation shared amogst your family/friends, from those that share doll selection and/or naming/character creation to those that share the ABJDs themselves. A lucky group indeed.

Jaime

17. I started collecting first,then my girlfriend at the time eventually got her own.Unfortunately seperated a few months back. I never thought I would find anyone who would appreciate them again.

Boy was I wrong.
      The girl I am currently seeing is mostly into Blythe and has a pocket fairy, but isn't too into the larger ones. She loves taking pictures of them and my other toys and has a great toy collection herself and taste and is super talented at just about everything she does. Such a great thing to share.

She suits my taste!

18. My husband is actually Lorelei's "owner".

He has much fun changing out her hands and enjoys her sexy physique.

19. My wife got me into BJDs in the first place. One of our freinds got her into it but i never really understood why they would want to buy a doll that was so expensive... but then my Wife got her Tohya and i started to like dressing him and helping Rachie choose new things for him and stuff and then she showed me cyndy...

i think i was doomed from the start really...

James

20. This is a cute thread, I thought I would bump it up...