1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Couples collecting?

Nov 19, 2005

1. My boyfriend and I do couple collecting ^-^ Right now, we are saving up as a set for DoD Tender Shall and a Sha. It really is fun, and you always have someone to talk to about the dolls.

2. My husband wasn't really interested in my dolls, until my KDF Muroo arrived. I ended up "giving" him the doll in the end, because he seemed to give him more attention than me :sweat

He doesn't really interact with the SD guys, but loves anything MSD and smaller :)

It is fantastic having someone in the house that likes BJD's :D

We both have our eye on IH Luna at the moment :aheartbea

3. My husband-to-be isnt overly interested in them, but he will look at dolls with me and comment on them. He also lets Alice sit next to his pc watching him and had a lot of fun finding out she can stand on her head unsupported.

I think its just gonna take the right doll and he will be hooked. :P

4. It really surprised me because I never thought it would happen (sounded too good to be true) but my boyfriend was intrigued from the start. Now he has a head that he faceupped himself and is waiting for a body for his first doll :] It's so awesome to share the hobby with him, even though he's not as much into it as me (yet).

My best friend has a puki, also not as much into the hobby as me, but we can talk about it together which is very nice!

5. My boyfriend has two and has one more on his wish list. :) He originally decided to get a doll as a "present" for me. I told him that him getting a doll would be much better than anything he could buy for me. During the search, however, he found MNF Lishe and ended up really, really wanting her. He was always doodling her, creating a background, and searching for the perfect wig and outfit. He ordered her back when Luts was having trouble so she took forever and it was driving him nuts. (He's not open about his emotions but I could tell. :lol: ) Now he has another MNF and a secret yearning for a Delf.

It's really awesome to share the hobby with a guy who's not only my boyfriend, but also a long time best friend. :aheartbea

6. My husband is the exact same way! He'll help with restringing and posing, but nothing artistic. It's because he's terrified he'll break them or smudge the paint.

We don't collect the exact same things, but we do collect stuff together. That's enough for me. :)

7. My boyfriend "confessed" and is saving for an iplehouse boy. :) He got very attached to my Noah, and would always ask if I was bringing him over when we went someplace, and it turned on him. So now he loves them, which is great because I felt pretty ostracized because he didn't like them at first.

8. Me and my partner weirdsparkle collect BJDs together, we live together so we have doll clothes and dolls littered about :) Our friend got us into dolls and we bought our first ones together. I own 4 (3 SDs, 1 MSD) and she owns 6 (1 SD, 3 MSD and 2 tinys). She owns all girls and I own 2 boys, 2 girls. Its good as we are into different types of dolls, I like WS, she prefers NS and we dress them in different styles and prefer different types of wigs, so we have a nice variety of dolls.

9. When I first fell (pretty hard!) for BJDs, my wife thought it was . . . odd. She listened, looked at the photos, and thought - well, they're not really ugly, and - tolerated them.

Then she found out that there were little childlike BJDs.

Now she has five little ones of her own, to compliment my seven. XD

~Bruce

10. My boyfriend has chose his first! It's a Bory but I'll be the one ordering him for him. Josh has also decided on clothes for him too.

11. i and my daughters are into bjd's but after 38 years of marriage my husband just shakes his head in gentle bemusement mixed with a touch of confusion. he doesn't share the hobby but he doesn't mind it either.

12. My husband actually helped me to get my very first BJD and he's guilty of me having more than one... My original idea was to have only one (sure you've heard that tune before, LOL) but he said "Hey, one can be Luna (my alter ego in his stories) and one Yrdin (his alter ego), and very shortly afterwards our son's alter ego also arrived.

So many of our dolls are his, and many mine, and even our son has some dolls of his own. Though latelly he says we have too many (which is true, after all) and he doesn't want to get involved in the purchase of new dolls... but then he sees the news and says "Oh, buy this one for me" or "OMG, that one would be perfect for this or that character" and we're lost, again.

We enjoy meetings together and we share friends in this hobby, and he helps me a lot with technical issues. My son is the creative one, he's only 9 years old but we shot many photostories together. And sometimes I involve my father into helping me with resin modifications (opening eyes, etc) so I think I am rather lucky.

13. My dearest friend in the entire world, we joke about how we would be a married couple if she didn't have a boyfriend, and I collect together. We usually consult each other about which dolls we want and how to dress them, what types of names we should give them, all of that. :sweat
      We are also probably both the reason that the other ended up getting into the dolls. Seeing as she knew about it longer but didn't get super into the hobby until I found it and jumped into getting my first girl.

14. My husband thinks i'm nuts :)(but he thought that before i fell for my boy!) though he does give his opinions when i do my sewing of clothing for my boy and encourages me. He also likes to walk by and change my boy's positioning to see if i'll notice and he gets angry when people deride me for having a doll at "my age". He supports it for both me and my daughter who has a girl.

15. My fiancee actually got me into dolls, so it's been a nice experience collecting ours together : )

16. My boyfriend was at first confused as to what they are...He thought they were humans in costume....:doh But now he understands better he fully supports me and is also planning on purchasing his first doll, mainly because we live long distance so it'd be nice to have doll meets when we get to see one another. :)

17. I wish I had an SO who shared the hobby! That would make it a lot more enjoyable. Unfortunately all SO's I've had while I've had this hobby haven't gotten it *at all*, and only one was even willing to "accept" it because it made me happy.

18. My boyfriend/life partner likes BJDs as much as I do. Which is just great, because it's like I get double the dolls. You know, what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours? Heheh.

19. I proposed with a BJD nearly 2 years ago, we both collect and have a dozen between us.

20. I know I'd like to hear that story! I'm single, and I would be veeerrry lucky to find a man that is into dolls XD Probably anyway, but you never know. It was actually my brother who got me into wanting BJDs, and now he makes fun of them XD Jealous.