1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CP Delf Discussion Part 13

Jun 2, 2021

1. Does anyone know the foot measurement of a type 2 girl? I dont have a ruler and i'm not sure what size trainers to get!

2. Type 2 has 6.7cm feet, according to the CP Database.

3. I think no one knows this thread got moved :sweat

4. I just found out! Hi, I'm here again, LOL @SacredMonsoon :sumomo:you know I think this thread always needs more Feather :love

5. Just adding Edward to the thread...he finally found his own look...

[​IMG]

6. Thanks, @IngieBee! The jacket was just a random Mandarake find...as was the tee...and it was just waiting for him to choose to wear it...

7. Thank you @IngieBee :hug: I love my lil Snowflake

8. I just found out too, oops! Sadly no update photos to show… I was working on Dmitri and my airbrush broke! So now I have to start all over again with his face :...(

9. Adding to what Brightfires said about Fairyland and their niche, it really is sad to see sculpts with personality fizzle out of production from business calls. Even their early (post-Luts) MNFs like Marcia had a lot of character that for some reason got struck off the offered product lines.

But I don't think it's just a problem unique to Fairyland. I've been noticing Volks too has "same face syndrome" with their girls too. Most of the sdgrs & SD13s I've seen in the past 2-or-so years have been having the same face. Very sad to see (non-fantasy) aesthetic variety being so limited across the bjd market now.

Perhaps we'll just have to wait for a day where a company decides to break out of their comfort zone to see a return in variety. Until then, I'll probably just be here reminiscing about the good old days where companies like Luts, Elfdoll, Kawainino & Volks dared to make their dolls look different from one another.

10. I think most professional artists struggle to find a balance between doing art for art's sake (i.e. trying new things, following their inspiration, etc) and trying to create something sellable. I like to think the sculptors at Fairyland would love to branch out, but feel pressured to keep designing what sells... but, maybe they're just into those cute girls and never liked making anything else. :lol:

A while back I ordered 2 pairs of Tianba eyes, hoping at least one of em would work for my Shine, Dantalion. Behold! I think these suit him really well!!! :aheartbea
      [​IMG]

11. Woah, those are stunning! They pop so well with the faceup!

12. Totally agree @clowve , though I do like some of them, rarely do they make something I want to buy.

Those eyes are amazing @overlordu !

13. You're probably right. Odd thing is the "same face syndrome" seems to effect larger companies as opposed to smaller ones. I always thought being bigger meant room for more experimentation and A-B testing, since they would have more to cushion from a fall. Or maybe being smaller just means you're fighting harder to stand out more, who knows? Like this brand, DLace, imo is relatively not as well known as Fairyland/Volks but their dolls have been much more unique to what I've been seeing FL/VS offers, especially their machina series.

Anyway here's an old picture of Peanut I found to compensate for my wall of text haha
      [​IMG]

14. @clowve It is strange to think about; You would assume the larger companies would have more room to branch out and try new things! Fairyland seems to be doing that but more so in the fantasy parts and bodies, such as the release of fairyline and fantasy event heads. I mean, have you seen that new MNF Ingrid's event plates? They're so different and seem to be polarizing among fans. I guess from their point of view it's safer to get creative on the limited stuff and do what they know works where the real money is involved. Then you have a smaller sculptor like Harucasting who is just doing whatever comes into his mind, it seems! Like, he's definitely got a style you can see across his work but each of his dolls are so unique and have so much personality! While Cerberus Project will always have a special hold in my collection, I'm starting to lean more towards these small artist companies (kind of like how CP started!) because they're always producing something new and exciting!
      Anyway, I've been kind of scatterbrained lately so idk if that wall of text made any sense. Here's a pic of Aiko and her ridiculously big eyes to make up for it lol
      [​IMG]aiko - luts cp/delf juri 2005 by kimberly °(ᵔᴥᵔ)°, on Flickr

15. Awww, he's so cute!

Gotta go look at the Ingrid faceplate now :D @kaboomkim :D

Yah, actually I see it differently. If you have a larger company, you have more employees who rely on you and that makes you more risk averse. But who knows.

Aiko is gorgeous as always, and it's funny but some of my favorite dolls have huge eyes, even so I thought I didn't like big unrealistic eyes years ago, I guess I love realism and anime looks :D

16. @IngieBee Hm, didn't think about it that way! Guess it's a good thing I don't own a business lol :sweat The big eyes definitely don't work for every doll. But realism doesn't work for everybody either. Like, I'll probably be in the minority when I say this, but I've never been a huge fan of the MNF Marcia sculpt because her eyes seem too big and buggy to me. I like the rest of her face though! But I love Delfs Juri 05, If, and Soony and find their big buggy eyes charming! :whee:

17. I don't know if I came across correctly, LOL. I used to think I didn't like big eyes, but I love my Juri 12 and just got a Marcia boy so I could use the body for my Juri20 and add the sleeping head to my old Marcia (though they've now got their own bodies) so 3 Marcias- one with sleep/dream eyes which I love. And I have a mnf DES and one of my favorite old delfs is Ari who is so rare! I would love to have a Delf Ari, DES and basically all of em, LOL