1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CP Delf Discussion Part 13

Jun 2, 2021

1. I like the fact that CP gave their sculpts "stories" and "families" like that! It gives the dolls a lot of character and it gives the brand itself a lot of personality. I kind of wish they still did that. It would explain a lot of similarities between more of the recent releases :sweat

----

------ Added notes -------

Previous discussion threads:
      * Part 8
      * Part 9
      * Part 10
      * Part 11
      * Part 12

DoA Wiki: Cerberus Project, Delf
      DoA database: Luts A-J, Luts K-Z

2. I'm today years old when I found out the old Delf sculpts had backstories. Did any others have lore behind them?

3. @kaboomkim I don’t think anything can really explain over 20 sculpts being that similar…

@coop52 I don’t know, I don’t think so.

4. @coop52 There was some speculation at the time of Harang's release that he was "related" to Shiwoo due to the similarities in their sculpts, but nothing was confirmed. Minifees Ruth and Shushu were released at the same time, much like El and Lishe always were, and the sculpts bear some resemblance, but nothing was said to be intentional. I think by the time the Type 2 body was released, they stopped doing the little backstories :pout:
      @TeaPartyRevolution That made me laugh more than it probably should have :sweat

5. @kaboomkim I honestly think it is a shame that they are just basically producing the same thing over and over again now.

6. I agree :(

7. They seem to have found their niche... and then abandoned everything that wasn't 110% inside that space. Which is great for people who are into that specific thing, I guess. There seem to be plenty of collectors who are. It's just a lot more limited than what they used to produce.

In the end, they *are* a business, though... So, if a horde of bow-legged, duck-faced little girls is what makes the most profit for them it would be silly NOT to expect them to chase that audience. In the end, the people who want that must just have turned out to be a more lucrative market than we old-school types were. :XD:

8. It’s heartbreaking to me that they no longer seem to produce boy dolls, or even 60s even. I have one of the Feeple 70s, and comparing him to my Shiwoo and Breakaway, I get why they discontinued them…but dang lol.

9. Well, I wouldn't say I dislike the new dolls from Fairyland. But after a while the faces start to look alike. I feel like I have enough of them. The only thing that would get me to buy another one is if they made a Marcia minifee into an F60.

10. Oh I understand why - money calls to all businesses, I simply think it's unfortunate for all of those collectors that liked their sculpts from prior to this current version of their look.

11. Really the only thing that keeps me interested with Fairyland's new designs is Fairy's Atelier. Could you imagine some of the older sculpts rereleased with these beautiful new fashions?!

12. I finally got around to taking some pictures of the dress I made a month ago. Got a bunch of real life stuff going on but it’s nice to take pics. My dining table is the only place with nice natural light lol.
      [​IMG]

13. @coop52 Beautiful dress! And your Miyu is so lovely!
      @IngieBee I've only had bits and pieces and I'm currently waiting on Dina's outfit & shoes from a split. So far, everything I've handled is so nice. Most recent clothing item I have from fairyland are Luha's shoes and they're gorgeous and really good quality!

14. That sounds awesome. I'm getting ready to make something to match my FL full set for another doll, but I think I might wait to see what it looks like IRL so I can "match" it somewhat better. It won't be the same but I want something that works together.

15. @coop52 your miyu is beautiful! I love her dress! :3nodding:

Its been a bit since I posted, going through some hard anxiety times, but i took this photo for my instagram today, and I uploaded a bunch to Flickr. Hope you like it! :whee:

[​IMG]DSC_0537~2 by Emily, on Flickr

16. New angle, nice photo :) hang in there :thumbup

17. My adult daughter has been dealing with anxiety issues lately, too. Please take care of yourself, @SacredMonsoon

18. Thank you @IngieBee @Kirahfaye :hug: i really appreciate it. I'm working on it, I hope you are all okay too! :whee:

19. Sometimes the "classics" are just the best. My dreaming el Rhys is home from the spa. I will be restringing him today or tomorrow (he's quite floppy at the moment) and I might get him tattooed in the future as well.

[​IMG]
      face-up by @SugarCoatedStars

20. Oh wow, he's gorgeous @Nikki'sNewObsession ! I love the way the artist did him!

@SacredMonsoon I had 2 really good productive days, and I'm off in a few to exercise then I have a full list of things to do after. I hope I've changed my sluggish ways and will get things done around here :D