1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CP Delf Discussion Part 13

Jun 2, 2021

1. @malvinas ahh congrats!!! Can’t wait to see your new delf baby!! Please spam!! I don’t feel like we’ve had a lot of shine in this thread so he’ll be a nice sight :D
      @juumou i always love seeing your delf (and almost delf ;)) crew. They always look so sweet and cozy :love Also that faceup looks great!!

2. @juumou Ryu is BEAUTIFUL!~ I love those sleepy babies! :D

3. Woot Woot, that's amazing! Congratulations :D There are so many things you can do with him and his body. I myself would be inclined to try out dying his body, then match it with a faceup. But more sanding could help, though I doubt it'll help much, the discoloration usually goes deep on older dolls like that. You could also cover them in 40% hydrogen peroxide, cover in plastic wrap and leave under a UV lamp to see how much of the yellowing you can get out. There are a lot of choices!

@juumou , you did a great job on his faceup, so sweet! and your crew are awesome too!

4. Omg @malvinas congrats!!! Shine's are amazing and so rare! I can't wait to see him in your crew!! :D

Speaking of rare babies, here's my girl Snow, she's still waiting for her own body, but things are looking up on that front! I also got my brand new sewing machine out, and once I'm finished writing my book, it'll be sewing time! :whee:

[​IMG]IMG_20210704_220051_121 by Emily, on Flickr

5. Gosh, that photo really shows off the exquisite sculpting of Snow's face @SacredMonsoon , she's going to be stunning when finished!

6. Thank you, @IngieBee!! I agree, i love her face so much, I think her lips will look so good when she's done! :D

7. Oooops, I haven't been on this thread in ages :sweat

@juumou absolutely love your crew, especially Ryu. Your pictures inspire me to want to play with mine!
      @SacredMonsoon snow is looking lovely :aheartbea

It's been a while since I did anything with my dolls, but I got inspired to get out my breakaway vamp, so here he is

[​IMG]

He is definitely becoming a fave of mine :D

8. I keep seeing your cuties on IG @Hyzenthlay ! What beauties they are. I can’t help but admire them all while I’m stuck away from my dollies for a couple days and eagerly waiting to finish working on them :XD:

9. @Hyzenthlay he's so cute, I have a set of "beer goggles" that I have yet to open and try out. I need to do that, LOL

@That's the one problem with being on vacation, is being away from my dolls @JellyParade . Get home safe! :D

10. @Hyzenthlay I'm so glad that I get to see your beautiful boy here and on Instagram. I adore him! ♡♡♡

11. Oooh, he's got a real early 00's vibe to him, and I mean that in a sincerely complimentary way. Love the hair and goggles!

Also, anybody got a time machine? There's a package at home that might be my Yder and I'm stuck at work for like five more hours. Send help.

12. LOL, Don't look at the clock? @Nasa hope it flies by, and congratulations :D

13. Hello again my lovely friends~
      I'm in need of some help, and I'm hoping maybe someone can tell me what they think!
      I purchased an "unmodified" except for ears pierced Breakaway from a Legit (duh) Facebook BJD group. SUPRISE! He's MODIFIED!
      To be honest, I'm not mad. I'm actually more excited.
      But I do need to now know a little more about what he ORIGINALLY might have been, so I know what body to find for him. (Were the type 1 and 2 bodies different colors?)

My guess is that he was a sleeping Vampire Breakaway that someone opened the eyes on and sanded his cheeks.
      However, I don't know if the sleeping Vampire Breakaway sculpt was ever on a type 2 body.

What I have learned prior to stripping paint off of him (but I will!)
      • He has "Breakaway Custom-S" engraved in his head cap and head
      • He has vampire teeth that are barely visible.
      • His eyes have been modded open, so they were either dreaming or closed.
      • His cheeks have been sanded.
      • His head is roughly the same size as my Vampire Shiwoo's head.
      Sooo...What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#113 Angelesk, Jul 14, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    14. @Angelesk I don't think the colors were very different but the time between and environment the head/body have been in can change things pretty dramatically as well. Good luck with him, I hope you will make him super beautiful :D

15. That is great to know!
      I did put him up against my type 1 NS standard Shiwoo and this one's head was definitely "newer" looking. But I've had my Shiwoo for a long time, and who knows when they bought this one. So it's hard to say, but I'll start stripping paint off of him shortly and see what else I can find. :)

16. @Angelesk The fact that he has a key mechanism means he’s a type 2 to begin with! To my knowledge, all type 2 and 3 heads were released on type 2 or 3 bodies. He’s definitely a sleeping vampire though! Also, resin color differences are slim to none for the original, except with yellowing and of course the slight difference between batches. All three of my NS dolls matched and I have a couple Type 2’s and a type 1!

After a bit of digging on the Breakaway page though, I found that your boy’s probably a NS Breakaway from around the time of the Bloody Valentine release in 2008. The other releases on the page were all Type 1 releases it looks like, with the exception of F70. Seems like the 2008 release was the only Type 2 head/type 3 body they did for him!

17. You're amazing!
      That's what I kept coming back to on that page as well! I was thinking it was likely his original sculpt was a just the Sleeping Vampire with pried opened eyes :XD: (poor thing -lol)
      Well, I'm getting back to work on him~
      Thank you so much for all of your help!!! :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

18. Anytime! You helped me so much with my El worries, I have to repay the favor somehow! :XD:

But seriously, I can’t wait to see what you do with him now that he’s with you. What a lovely find regardless of his condition! :cheer:aheartbea

19. Thank you @Hyzenthlay :D i love your breakaway! I love sleepy heads and his wig is awesome! :hug:

@JellyParade get home to your dollies safe!! :3nodding:

Congrats @Angelesk on the new boy! He's lovely!

I hope work went by and you got your Yder @Nasa!! Yders are beautiful! :whee:

20. Thank you! Glad to have helped you get through the time away from your dollies! :XD:

Beer goggles? is that what they are? :lol: My friend gave me them because she knows I love goggles on my dolls haha. I never asked where she got them.

Thank you! Also congrats on your breakaway :D Is he an 08 vamp like mine but with the eyes modded open? Mine has the same kind of neck mechanism I think, on a type 3 body. I love the modded vamps so I can't wait to see more of yours!

Thank you!! That is exactly the vibe I love so I do take that as a compliment :XD: Excited for your Yder arrival! :D

Thank youuu! :hug: