1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CP Delf Discussion Part 13

Jun 2, 2021

1. Behold! The Boy! Got my Yder strung (at like midnight whoooops) and he's so precious qwq

[​IMG]
      not sure he's gonna keep this wig, it just happens to be the one wig in the house that fits Ye Olde Delf Melon head. I do like the eyes he came with tho, which is nice, because it means i don’t have to buy new ones. Been calling him Ichigo for now, for weeb reasons.

2. Awwww, he really is precious! I just love these old sculpts even when they're not painted! Congratulations @Nasa

3. Awww he's so cute and surprisingly expressive! :)

4. He's so cute @Nasa! Congrats!

Guys! I finished the final of my first 100k book today! Could i request some cute spam to celebrate the end? (And my now much needed vacation! Lol) :whee:

5. It's a contemporary with a dash of magic! It was so fun to write! :D

6. I'm not sure what YT is, but its sorta age limitless because theres no swearing or anything explicit and i leave the age vague :3nodding:

7. Ugh, I meant YA, Young Adult, LOL, I'm thinking of a character in a book that I made a doll from. :doh Good YA is for everyone, like the Harry Potter books :) so it sounds like yours might fit into that category :thumbup it's a good category ;)

8. Thanks! I think so too, i love those kinds of books! I have so many on my to be written list, and I'm just taking a small break now! :3nodding:

9. @Nasa Ahh what a cute boy :D Those eyes are a pretty color and I like the size! Give him a youthful doe eyed look. Can't wait to see his progress with you~
      @IngieBee I have a theory about why we like the older dolls so much when they're blank; Older dolls were sculpted for very basic, minimal faceups, so they needed to be a good enough looking sculpt. Now intricate faceups with lots of details are the norm so the sculpting doesn't need to be as well done because a good faceup can make any sculpt look good. Does that make sense? I don't think sculptors are getting lazy, it's just a style change. The sculpts need to be more versatile now so they aren't as expressive in their basic form; the older dolls are so distinct because the faceup was just the icing on the cake.
      @SacredMonsoon Congrats! What a great accomplishment! :dance Will you be publishing soon?
      Here's some Aiko in her new top that I'm obsessed with! Bell sleeves are a fave style of mine lol :celebrate
      [​IMG]Untitled by kimberly °(ᵔᴥᵔ)°, on Flickr

10. Thanks @kaboomkim! I'm hoping to try with this one yes! Likely query next year! So exciting! :dance i love Aiko, she look so fab in that outfit! She looks so sweet with her faceup and wig combo too! I love her! :aheartbea

Here's a pic i took today, I really like this one!! <3

[​IMG]A Dash of Butterflies and Yellow by Emily, on Flickr

11. @SacredMonsoon Fingers crossed all goes well for you! I'd love to read when the time comes :whee: And thank you for the Aiko love! Feather is definitely one of her style inspirations. Pretty pink pastel girls unite! :aheartbea

12. @kaboomkim aw thank you! I hope to have some readers someday! :whee: yes! Aiko and Feather can start the Pastel Palace together! Lol :lol:

13. @kaboomkim I love your theory! "Older dolls were sculpted for very basic, minimal faceups, so they needed to be a good enough looking sculpt." I 100% agree with that.

When our older dolls were first released their stock faceups were typically as good as it got. Sure, there were faceup artists, but the hobby was still fairly new, so there weren't many. The sculpts had to "hold their own".

~Also, Aiko is PRECIOUS! Her big eyes are just adorable. :D

14. She is so pretty, I love her outfit! I agree, that may be the reason at least with CP.

And of course Feather is gorgeous, @SacredMonsoon , I just love her :)

15. Wow I kind of love this theory! I think it absolutely makes sense and makes me realize why I don't exactly gravitate to newer sculpts these days. I look at the old CP line-up, Lishe, Des, Els, Nanuris , Miyus, they all seem to have a lot of expressive quality in their blank state. I feel the same way about Elfdoll, Kawainino, old Soom Gems, etc. The sculpts back then definitely had a lot more diversity in terms of design and you could recognize them even blank. Now, I struggle to tell apart more blank sculpts as we move towards more "realism" in sculpts or more homogenous looks. I feel that it's easier for me to fall for a sculpt rather than the potential of a sculpt if that makes sense

16. Indeed. The older sculpts have personality even without a faceup.
      So many of my dolls have "simple" faceups, it is hard for me to want to do fancier ones for new dolls. They would look so out of place....

17. I agree! I think that’s why a lot of us gravitate toward these dolls, simply because they hold so much personality. Personally, I think CP’s newer faces are pretty hard to distinguish at times. I often see a Celine and mistake it for a Chloe!

But you take one glance at a CP Luts sculpt, and you can tell exactly who they are haha. I feel like very few of their faces now are so distinct. Maybe with the exception of some of their new event heads, like the pouting Dina face. But even then, the sculpting is so oddly simplistic in comparison to my CP Delfs!

18. Oh my gosh @kaboomkim, Aiko is SO cute!! The bell sleeves are adorable, and the color looks so good with those pants. And her hair! She's got a whole look going, I love it. :aheartbea