1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

CP Delf Discussion Part 13

Jun 2, 2021

1. I like @kaboomkim 's theory. I can usually identify older Delf, Volks, DoD etc sculpts pretty easily, but I get a lot of new ones confused. It’s not that I don’t like them; I’m just not as familiar with them and a lot are pretty similar.

Aiko looks nice! And it's always nice to see pics of Feather @SacredMonsoon

I’m still waiting on my Taobao order with clothes for my Miyu. I ordered some more elastic from Etsy (right size this time) and the replacement Type 2 key part so I can finally restring her properly. The elastic has been stuck in the mail for the past 5 days for some reason. It got past customs and past the main post office so I have no clue what’s going on.

2. I feel the same way, for the most part. There aren't a lot of older sculpts I don't know (or at least I can't recognize). But with new sculpts I'm totally lost. Fairyland is the WORST one for me, I can barely tell some of the female sculpts apart. That isn't to say that I don't find them attractive, but they do seem to have very similar attributes between all of them.

I do like that with the CP sculpts they did have their own little stories to them that told WHY they might have similar features. But even with those features, they're entirely different dolls. Example -Breakaway being a modified El. I have both of those sculpts and they don't even kind of look the same to me.

{El/Enji}
      [​IMG]

{Breakaway/Adair}
      [​IMG]

3. Question: Did CP ever make a tan body with a small bust? I've only ever seen them with large busts so I don't know if they exist. I remember them phasing out the small bust body option so I'm wondering if the tan girls were before or after that?

4. Not that I am aware of. I think the small bust was only offered in white and normal as DES and Lishe where the only girls that had tan releases.

5. On instagram I recently asked which of my dolls people wanted to see more of and Inanna got some requests so yesterday my oldest and sassiest girl got some new photos taken!

[​IMG]

She's going to be my favorite of my dolls for eternity.

6. @malvinas Your girl is so beautiful!~ and she looks so sassy! <3

7. @Angelesk thank you! She is very sassy lol

8. I love her @malvinas!! :hug: Inanna is so cool! :whee:

9. @SacredMonsoon thank you! She's definitely got spunk!

I love her so hope no one minds me sharing another picture!

[​IMG]

10. I'm loving the photos, thought I'd share one of my own!! :D

[​IMG]Cuddles by Emily, on Flickr

11. What lovely photos! My office gets the least amount of direct sunlight in the house, which is good for doll resin, but not so much for photos. Still, it does make for some lovely shadow play.
      [​IMG]

12. Oh wow, I missed so many gorgeous dolly pics!
      And I didn't realize so many people would respond to my "sculpting theory" lol. @Angelesk Yes! The little stories behind their sculpts that were "siblings" was very clever! Now... well... ALL of their new girls could be siblings. I can only tell them apart by their default faceups and even that's getting difficult! I understand being a team of sculptors and having a definitive style that works for your sales, but it's not inspiring to buy the new dolls. If I have one, I have most of them. It's the fantasy parts & outfits from their new releases that inspire me more these days!
      I'm waiting on a Feeple65 right now and I'm curious to see how she compares to my CP Delf girl. I know the bodies are very different and the proportions. It'll be an interesting comparison to make on their 1/3 sizes over the years! The comparison would be better made between a Feeple60 or Fairyline60 but the F60 I want isn't available right now lol. Maybe one day! I'd love to make the comparisons in person lol. Mostly to see how CP is sculpting smaller heads :sweat

13. Hi, it's been a while so I'm in with a drive-by Soony with the new alpaca wig I made her! I waaay overshot on how much I actually needed... I don't know if that's because the wig isn't super long, because I like my wigs thin, or both, but I used probably 1/3 of the 3 oz I got, haha.

Speaking of the Feeple60 body, this girl has the arms and legs of the older Feeple60 body as well! The proportions are identical.
      [​IMG]

14. Guys… out of interest… how rare is dreaming vampire shiwoo? I’m realising that he has become my grail and wondering how doomed I am :sweat
      (Extra doomed as I’ve also realised I prefer my delfs to have company faceups. Just to make the delf hunt that much harder :doh)
      Also if any of you own one feel free to hit me with pictures :XD:

15. @SacredMonsoon It's always nice to see sweet Feather!

@Kirahfaye Some of my favorite pictures are those that are a bit shadowy! Your girl is lovely!

@Glace Leau I love your girl and the wig looks great!

@Hyzenthlay I honestly don't know how rare they are but I don't see them around too much. ESPECIALLY with company faceup. I get the feeling of being doomed because you fell in love with a rare doll. I still dream of someday owning a Dambi but you REALLY never see them around! :pout:

16. I thought this might be the case. Oh well! I do enjoy the hunt :XD: And I'm already used to that doomed feeling, being a big fan of woosoo as well :doh:

17. @Hyzenthlay
      The only ones that I have seen are usually modded, mine included. :sigh Since it was a dreaming sculpt, so many of them have eyes opened. But I'm with you on the Woosoo love! That one and a Chiwoo are on my never-ending list. <3

18. @Kirahfaye shes stunning! I love your girl so much! :D

@Glace Leau your girl is adorable!! I love her look!

@Hyzenthlay i've never seen a default dreaming shiwoo! I hope you can find one! I think your crew would look so good with a shiwoo! :whee:

I'm thinking lately I'll get Snow a mohair wig since Feathers has become my favourite wig on her! I'm very much starting to sew as well! :D

19. She's my favorite too! So happy to see new pictures :D :D :D

I haven't been getting notifications and I've been so busy :( But the picture spam on this page is heavenly, with @SacredMonsoon 's Feather, @Kirahfaye 's Kirah and @Glace Leau , I just love her new wig! I love the mullet/rocker style of it :D

20. I think I may have to broaden my search to "any cp delf dreaming sculpt that hasn't been modded" :lol: I'm craaaaving a dreaming baby to go with my sleepy baby and my open eyed babies :XD:

I've never seen one either but it's a nice dream :lol: Ooh that is exciting! What are you sewing?