1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Craving Older Cerberus Project scuplts, Looking for Info/Discussion.

Dec 11, 2016

1. Must have been Yder. Luwen has a lightbulb head. :lol:

2. Ah such nostalgia ^_^ I remember the days when the old school delfs were every very well! I still have my Yder who was my first doll and my Shiwoo but my tastes have changed since then. It's not that I don't like them anymore but my Yder's nose really bugs me now with how narrow and anime-like it is. I'm thinking of modding it to be wider and a bit less stylized.

3. And then you have a company like Dollshe, who says he's stopping production of all his old dolls, and then changes his mind 35 times and then decides to release everyone in MINI SIZE??? The Dollshe boys were the original bishounen dolls of the BJD world, and Mr. Dollshe seems to have kept that in mind. I can't say much about the new girl dolls (I really don't like them), but the mini-size boys are still similar to their predecessors.

I think the Delfs would still find a market today... Heck, Bluefairy is still around, doing just fine, and they haven't changed aesthetically at all. XD

Perhaps I just want them to come back because I now have a steady income and could actually afford them...

4. LuWen has an oddly-shaped head, but size-wise it's smaller then any of the early sculpts ('Found that out the hard way over here, trying to find a wig that would fit Jester. o_0)

If anyone's really curious (and it isn't raining cats and dogs tomorrow-) I can take a comparison picture. I have a LuWen and both Type 1 and Type 2 Yders.

The less-stylized, more narrow-eyed sculpt you guys are thinking of might have been Moon. His head isn't particularly small, but his features are definitely different from most of the other heads in the line.

5. Lordy be, ain't that the damn truth. I have three old Delfs and while Yder's head is smaller than Shiwoo's it makes Lu-wen look positively pinheaded by comparison. Definitely smaller than the older sculpts, by quite a bit. I had to have Lian's wig altered to fit him properly.

I love my Delfs. It doesn't matter that they're super-stylized in comparison to the more realistic trend of more recent years. That's still where my tastes run, and I ain't sorry. I agree that there's a charm in the old CP sculpts that seems to be remarkably lacking these days. I still entertain the thought of tracking down an El one of these days; that's nostalgia talking though, because El was THE DOLL when I joined the hobby almost ten years ago.

6. @Brightfires now that you mention it, 9-10 wigs are too big for Luwen but they used to fit my Lishe. I'd love to see your comparison pics if you have time for it. :)

7. Here you go... 'Nothing fancy, since it was 33 degrees out there. BRR! :lol:

[​IMG]
      Endy the Yder and Jester the LuWen.

Endy's a Type 2, and like most of those guys, he's slightly smaller than the older Type 1s. (There are already comparison pictures around of the various Yder types-)

For what it's worth, looking at the wigs I usually keep them in, his is tagged as an 8-9. Hers is a 7-8.

8. OK yes, I do see what you mean. Thanks!

9. Lol, I remember the days of the "El Army" when it seemed that everyone plus their sister had one. While I had managed to acquire my grail-doll Elf El dreaming vampire. I want to get another El inthe future.

10. IKR? The El Army, in full effect. So many Els. All the Els. One of the first dolls I was ever able to identify purely on sight because of how ubiquitous they were at the time. I don't have the foggiest what I'd DO with an El if I got one though. I have no characters that fit that mold and I try not to buy dolls that don't have a "purpose", if you know what I mean.

Still, though. So much nostalgia going along with that doll. I always did prefer Shiwoo over El though...which is probably why I own one of the former and not the latter. :XD:

11. Oh yes, oh yess....

I wouldn't know either, I'd probably have him sent to my favorite face-up artist and he'd just be a doll for me to admire his prettiness.

So many pretty Els

12. I absolutely love the older CP sculpts (even made a facebook group for them since there wasn't one, which surprised me). El was one of the first BJDs I saw in 2006 and I fell in love, and my very first BJD was a Nanuri 2007. Since then, I've gotten more and a couple of the old FeePle 70s. Even though I've been leaning towards more realistic dolls lately, since that's what works for my existing characters, I still adore the older CP sculpts and pretty much want them all lol.

I do wish that Fairyland would bring them back, without any changes to their faces (love Breakaway, but something seemed off about Ital to me). I understand that most companies change with the times, but, imho Fairyland has a strong case of sameface going on and has for quite a while. With the older sculpts, they were each unique in their own ways, even the ones that had similar features. But, the newer sculpts are all very similar and just don't have the same magic that the old had (in my opinion).

13. @LupusDarkmoon I totally agree. I can't stand all the sameface minifees these days. At least the old Delfs and their minifee versions were pretty recognizable and distinct.

14. Lishe was the doll that got me into the hobby, back when she and DES and AES were new. I couldn't afford her at the time, and I didn't get one until much later (and then I didn't keep her!), but I still think she's one of the most classic sculpts out there! And I'm still regretting never getting a Miyu for myself!

I do think Fairyland has kept some of the old Delf aesthetic in their girl lines. I see a lot of the old line in Celine, and some of Lishe's mature look in Mirwen. But the bishonen style pretty-boy crown seems to have been taken by Switch and that look, and as dolls have gotten taller, a straight-up 60cm boy just seems too small for some people.

I don't think there's evidence of FL being perfectly symmetrical or computer sculpted. I have lots of respect for both types of sculptors, but recent FL heads have had documented asymmetries: Rin (rin face uneven???) and FLA60 (Fairyland FLA60 event head) for sure. I'm in the symmetrical camp and the asymmetries that FL has sometimes really put me off.

I think this might be some of what is going on! Also the CP sculptors seem to want to make lots of crazy tiny parts... Maybe they think bodies and animals are more fun than new heads?

I don't know if this helps you, but I have my Iden on a Feeple65 body because I need a taller doll, and I took pictures of El on the body as well. Maybe the bigger body helps to make the head look smaller?

[​IMG]

15. @snowgray, whoaaa thank you for that picture! It does look much better to me. And I already have a F65 body at home (hosting another classic melon-head, Volks Lucas), so... that is a dangerously feasible temptation.

I have a Lishe at home and am having trouble with her as well for the same reason. I hadn't minded the big head and thin neck of Delf girls in other people's photos, indeed it was thanks to Denali Wind's videos that I came to really covet the Delf girl body single joints and all, but in person it is not quite working for me. So perhaps it is time for a little head switcheroo this weekend. I don't want to give up on her (or potentially him) just yet, as I worry that I would not be able to find another Lishe if I changed my mind later. Is it just me or is it rather easier to find the boy Delfs than the girls?

16. @Miri no, you're right. It is easier to find the boys on the MP as of late. I searched through the MP earlier and found a few Els, Moons, and Breakaways for sale, but not many (maybe like 2) girls.

17. Seeing as I've been enjoying lurking in this thread, I thought perhaps I'd better join in.

My username is TalithaX...

... And I horde Delfs.

(Seriously. Just check out the dolls listed in my profile... ;-) )

My first SD sized doll was a Delf (Redemption the Moon - chosen for the sheer simplicity of being a full set). My second was an El (because, hey, my Moon needed a friend!) and that was it... I've pretty much never looked back.

I've tried other dolls - but generally without any success. (Case in point, the Souldoll Kid I purchased as an 'experiment' arrived this week and... No. He's a fantastic doll, but he's not -- CP / Luts! -- for me.) To me, Delfs are my idea of BJD perfection. I don't care about the not so great posing and just adore them - the tiny feet that can fit into a lot of girl shoes, the hands that fit through most sleeves, the one piece torso that looks good under an open shirt, the big eyes and 'ski-jump' noses... Dolly perfection!

I went through a BJD-hiatus between 2010 & 2013 (burn out, I think) and although my thoughts turned occasionally to trying to sell my dolls, I kept them solely because -- albeit dusty and ignored -- I still found them aesthetically pleasing. Then, when I 'returned' and discovered that the Delfs had gone from Luts... OMG! I still, to this very day, feel relief at not having sold them.

While I think I may be in the minority here, I also have a number 'new' Delfs and think they're great. The Type 4 body looks exactly the same, but stands like a rock. (The resin colour is the biggest difference. When my first ones arrived I actually thought I'd ordered white skin by mistake - they was just that much paler than my older dolls!)

I've also got a F60 El - but to me he's not quite the same. I do like having a Sleeping El, though.

TL;DR?

I like Delfs, both old and new - but I'm as loyal to the body as I am the sculpts, so for me personally, I'm not sure I'd be all that excited if Fairyland suddenly decided to re-release them*.

Plus, you know, I kind of like stumbling across them on the second hand market!

* Should this ever happen of course, please don't quote me!

18. I just got an elf el (one my grail dolls) and I feel like the older kids have so much more soul and life in them. I waited so long and I can not tell you how much I love him. I mean LOOK AT HIM!!! SO MUCH LOVE.

[​IMG]

Now I pretty much (except for the odd kid only collect older dolls). Still loyal to volks, but this Elf El is rapidly a top favorite (my Juri is also very, VERY beloved). He doesn't have a name yet, which I'm having trouble with...

19. I bet Lucas looks great on that body!!!

If you wanted to keep Lishe as a girl, @Stormlight had a Lishe on girl F65 body in the past, and I think it looks very nice! I'm hoping to mod my nYID body neck to fit my F60 Luka head (only been saying that for years!), and I think that's a good look as well (NSFW). @Maaru had a Juri06 head on the nYID girl body, also very cute! The Iplehouse NS resin is an okay match for NS CP dolls. I think this is a nice way to sort-of keep the old heads current, is to have the bodies get a little bigger as a lot of the SD-sized dolls have done. I do really wish Fairyland would put out a body bigger than the Feeple60 but smaller/less mature than the Feeple65, but I don't think they have any plans to do that.

For a while I don't think it was easier to find girls than boys (like in my Breakaway-obsessed phase, of course!), but currently that seems to be the case. Like I said I'm regretting never having a Miyu of my own, so I've been keeping my eyes peeled, fingers crossed, etc! ;)

I have a New Delf girl and I like her a lot, too! The body is similar enough that it's familiar and keeps the beautiful look of the Delf body, but the oblong elbow/knee joints do make a big difference. Sometimes her posing seems a little less... fluid? ... but still very pretty, and more solid. If only Luts could pull off an aesthetic more similar to the old Delfs! Ju Hee has been the only new Delf who spoke to me.

20. Not everyone who loved the old Delfs stays away from the new ones. I have a Claus and a Nina in my crew and keep going back an looking at Joe, thinking he might be a good addition some day as well.

But that said, I just find the "New Delf" heads to be very... well... very *Luts* style-wise. It's a different look from CP's classic sculpts. Not a bad one, mind. Just different.