1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creators that you can't find anymore.

Oct 2, 2020

1. Man Denali Wind and Lorti, I do miss their dolly content but totally get why they would stop. I feel like back when they were posting more often was also when the community was being reaally toxic and I am sure it got to them too. I loved Denali's aesthetic though it was something really special that I don't see replicated that much especially now. She also had such a a soothing voice! I really need to look into more bjd youtubers again to feel the nostalgia.

2. When I was still in high school (now I'm in college) I used to watch a lot of BJD content on YouTube. Sadly, when I go back to check, they are no longer there, completely gone. Makes me very sad because watching dolly videos calmed my anxiety and also made me feel more connected to the doll hobby. I have also noticed that some Etsy shops are gone which is extremely sad because it makes me feel like people are quiting and making less. Maybe this is a result of the pandemic? Hopefully things will get back to normal again one day. I only hope for this hobby to keep expanding, not shrink. I want more and more people to join the fun, not to leave it. :frownyblush:

3. I miss Spite and Malice wigs and Wicked Stitchery on etsy. I dropped out of the hobby and sold most of my doll stuff including my spite and maice wig and some doll clothes by wicked stitchery and im still kicking myself about it to this day

4. Milk + Honey. Used to do the most awesome pants for SDs and Delfs in particular. And if I was really needing some good slim MSD skinny pants she'd borrow her friend's bjd and let me commission some from time to time.

5. Every shop on Etsy I used to shop at is “taking a break”…for over a year. It’s a lot harder to find what I like, now. Then of course there’s bigger shops like Desers clothing and Oscar Eyes(whyyyyy!! :...()

Everything has to be bought secondhand now and even the market is more sparse. I’m so thankful my two favorite doll companies stayed open so I can keep collecting the dolls at least but I miss the freedom I had with shopping for the clothes & goodies. There used to be this ease to it because you could find stuff anywhere.

6. This company still exists, but have very few new dolls for a long time now. 5 Star Doll. I have 5 of their dolls, and they are some of the first dolls I bought. The quality is the best I've seen EVER. Those bodies are solid and so well made. I love their SDs especially. They haven't come out with a new SD in many years.
      I even created a Facebook page for them, to see if anyone else had an interest in them, but its been many weeks and I'm all alone. Very sad and disappointing.

7. Andreja, come back to me :'(

8. Iirc, GuppyKisses got overwhelmed w/the amount of orders.

9. I bought quite a few things from GuppyKisses. I hope she is ok. I can understand being overwhelmed with orders.

10. That makes sense. Thank you.

11. CandyKittensEmporium on Etsy :( She made the most gorgeous and affordable eyes. My Lati Yellow Estelle is wearing a 14mm pair from her that I originally had in a bigger size for my old Minifee Juri. She closed shop during the pandemic and hasnt been open since. Now that I have a new boy on the way, I hope she comes open again in the future so I can buy him some wonderful eyes.

12. Update: CandyKitten is back! She reached out to me to let me know she's getting ready to reopen on her own site. If anyone is looking for super gorgeous eyes, she's the one to go to! :D <3

13. I was going to say Atelier Pumpkins from Etsy, because their Minifee skirts are amazing, but it looks like they are occasionally selling a few on Instagram. I miss Steampetal and I regret not getting that blue overcoat when I had the chance.

14. I absolutely LOVED Nicole's Dream. Her face up videos were so good!! I noticed she stopped posting about dolls and didn't know she was making watercolors! I'm glad she's still able to have an artistic passion. Did she stop doing anything doll related?

15. Does anyone know what happened to the Magical Angel company? They just disappeared one day. I miss them dearly.

16. Referring to Frappzilla -
      Interview with Fee on 28 February 2021 on mydollyadventures.blogspot.com :
      My Dolly Adventures: Interview with Frappzilla Studio

#56 VickieAngela, Sep 13, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    17. Ylang Garden on Etsy has taken a "break" and has yet to come back. Most of my tiny-tinys' wardrobes are from them. There are still some of their items on The Doll Peddlar but nothing new. I hope they do reappear.

And I was just thinking the other day about Marsh Pants. Marsh actually died sadly and suddenly a number of years ago but I haven't seen anyone provide a similar service since. For those who don't remember, she would make simple pants, shorts, and skirts for any size or shape of doll that you had, at affordable prices. And she had a huge selection of fabrics to choose from. I still treasure the items she made for my hard-to-fit tiny anthros.

18. obscure_kind they disappeared from social media in 2020 I think because someone recasted and sold their BJD Dohwee, which is so upsetting. I really hope they are doing well!

19. That one hurt so much. I’m glad I got a head from them on the second preorder but I wanted to get another full doll. The sculpt is so precious :sorry some artists who stopped are slowly coming back, so I’m hoping that will be the case here as well

20. It’s very sad when people leave the hobby (I stopped for a while but always knew I’d come back, so I kept them stored instead of selling them. So glad I never did :shudder). I was holding off on so many things because I was waiting for my doll to have all the parts (head, eyes, face up, body) before buying anything and now all the stores that I saved are closed indefinitely. I wonder what it would take to revive interest again. The pandemic seems to either ignite new interests in people or completely destroy any passion left :(