1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Doll! Armored Beauties ready for Adventure

Feb 26, 2017

1. @Sianserais she is so beautiful! I never see her beauty when I'm on my cell phone, the pics are so small and sideways, but now that I'm on my laptop she is so serene :)

2. Ok that took forever but I finally took pictures of the Mei head now that I've given her a faceup! It feels odd to me, I just realized I didn't give her a name...she's just the 'Mei Head" but maybe that's ok since she has no body and I love Saireth so much, I can barely share her body with Mei.

[​IMG]Mei's many wigs by Skyealloway, on Flickr

I tried all my different wigs I have in this size (which surprisingly is a lot!) and she looks best in this blonde one and in the default guardian phyllis wig IMHO, though the guardian phyllis wig I think is a more modern style so it doesn't go with the outfit I used.
      I went ahead and made her a flickr album of her own so if you want to see a Mei in eight different wigs..
      Creature Doll Mei

3. @skyealloway - I love Mei Head's look. (I tried to comment on Flickr but didn't get the comment box under the photo. Not sure why.) Anyway, This blonde wig is my favorite on her, with the red wig coming in a strong second. Love her face-up.:love

4. She's really cute in the short black wig, but I agree that with the yellow/green eyeshadow she has going on, blonde seems to suit her best. ^_^ Though I suppose you could always try green!

5. @vermont chick @Sianserais thanks! I did her makeup based on a YouTube video for an elf look, even though she lacks the ears I wanted to put her in the same fantasy as Saireth. I did go a bit too heavy on the yellow orange tones though, she nearly doesn’t match the pink body anymore. Makes me nervous to blush the body!

I definitely plan to make more wigs, so she didn’t get eyelashes since she’s my base. Her head is actually a tad bigger than Phyllis thou. Phyllis needs a silicone cap with nearly every wig, but Mei doesn’t need that with any wig!

6. More discoveries! The Phyllis head has larger eye sockets than the Mei head, so much so that Phyllis will accomodate 10mm eyes (although her eye opening looks better with 8mm), but Mei will definitely not fit a 10mm eye into the socket. She looks great with "8mm" eyes i just got from a seller I found on instagram (Nanami Unikum), which these 8mm eyes have a more dainty pupil & iris than the standard acrylic 8mm eye. They fit perfect with no gaps in the Mei head...but are the tiniest bit too small for Phyllis, oh so slight gap at the corners that requires careful placement of the eye putty. And overall, I think the iris/pupil is too small for Saireth (Phyllis)...I think I may order her some 10mm from the same seller though, as I intended these to be her eyes! I'll sleep on it some more though, maybe its not too small...
      [​IMG]New eyes by Skyealloway, on Flickr
      Compared to in Phylllis:
      New eyes

7. They're very nice eyes, @skyealloway. I also like them in Phyllis, although they make her look a little bit surprised.

#407 vermont chick, May 4, 2018
      Last edited: May 4, 2018
    8. @skyealloway: I agree that they look pretty good for both sculpts! I tend to lean towards larger-than-realistic eyes myself, but one of the things I really love about this hobby is seeing all the different looks that can be achieved even with the same sculpt. ^_^

9. I just finished reviewing some clothing for Sartoria J, who was especially interested to know of any dolls besides FID and Raccoon that could wear her fashions. Creature Doll actually made out better than the other two brands, being able to get into a few things that the others couldn't. At the moment the reviews are only on my blog (link at the bottom of the post) with pics on Flickr, but as soon as the mods answer a couple of questions for me I'll post the whole thing to Product Reviews.

So here is a little number called the "Volume Black Set". Creature Doll was the only doll I could get into this because of the tight sleeves. Luckily she has narrow hands.
      [​IMG]

The moral of the story is: If you need clothing for your girls, don't be afraid to try Sartoria J's fashions for FID women.

10. @vermont chick: Nice to know! Every doll needs a little black dress, ne? ^_^

I take it no one has heard anything about those final orders yet?

11. I am itching to email Mr. Park and ask about the orders. I've checked my status every single day for over a month now and I really need an update.:pout:

12. Haven't heard anything yet :(

13. All right. I'm not worried yet, just wondering.
      I just finally got a shipping notice from SoulDoll on my spider girl after 7.5 months, so... :roll:
      Never thought I'd be missing those 3-month SOOM waits.

14. How exciting! That’s awesome that you were able to review so many outfits. And my mind is unchanged, Creature Doll is still my favorite of the bodies. I love the bohemian set in particular.

15. Here's the Bohemian Chic (one of my favorites) set on Lucia:
      [​IMG]

Because I was trying the same outfits on several different girls for photos, I didn't lace this one all the way in the back. The top would look a little more fitted if laced completely. And I think she may take this wig away from Raccoon Monica. I like the way it fits--and still shows off her elf ears.

16. Yes that wig looks very good on her. Lol I might have mixed up the names, I meant the one with the bell bottom pants :D

17. Ah, I wondered if you might mean the bell bottoms. That one is called the Carmen set--no idea why. Here it is:
      [​IMG]

18. I love that Carmen set. Bohemian Chic is very similar in name and style to IH Bohemian Black. someone 'inspired' someone. :cool:

19. Does anyone happen to know if Sartoria J was actually the maker for some of the fashions Iple was selling? I've been wondering that ever since I noticed how similar one dress was except for color, and a lot of the fabrics on other things look the same as well. And from what we've been told, Iple never made clothing in-house.

In any case, guess I know where I'll be keeping an eye out for anything new for my Lucias. ^_^

#419 Sianserais, May 29, 2018
      Last edited: May 29, 2018
    20. Playing with my dolls tonight, switching around the display case, when suddenly CRASH! :oThe top of my Guardian staff lay in pieces on my tile floor! I couldn’t move to even pick it up, frozen in that moment.:frownyblush: I called for my husband to come see and he picked it all up.

And then...

It wasn’t broken at all! It was in many pieces, all split right along the glued edges! In fact, I never dropped the thing, the circular outer bit just came completely unglued from the winged base of the top of the staff! How strange that all the glue would fail at once, but I’m happy that I should be able to reassemble the pieces without issue.:abow:

I’m perplexed at my floating Mei head thou. Anyone else have hybrid ideas for these heads? We know raccoondoll, fid, and withdoll are all a no. Maybe something lanky like a newer dollzone or doll chateau? Or maybe even a resinsoul? Luts Model Delf? :?