1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Doll! Armored Beauties ready for Adventure

Feb 26, 2017

1. I know for certain that Sartoria J made some fashions for Raccoon Doll. Remember Lucy's military uniform? It wouldn't surprise me if she also designed/sewed for Iplehouse. While they don't identify their designers, some styles are unmistakable. And since Mr. Park also worked at Iplehouse, it stands to reason he would be familiar with Iple's clothing designers.

@skyealloway - Good to know your staff isn't broken. I saw the pieces photo on your Flickr and wondered. As for the hybrid question, I stood my Luts Model Delf next to my Creature Dolls and just eyeballing them together I'd say it's no go. The resin colors are too different--my MDF girl is a little more than 6 months older than my Lucia but her normal skin looks yellow by comparison. I don't know how the whites compare. It also looks like the MDF neck is too thick for the CD head and would need modding.

2. Thanks for looking Vermont chick.

I found a picture where someone put an FID head on a summerbird body and the neck looked too short and that gives me hope because the creature doll head on a fid body has the neck too long, so maybe just maybe I could put Mei on the chubby summerbird body. I think with her round cheeks she might could pull off a chubby look.

3. Just got the shipping notice for my Mei :)

4. Just got one too! ...guess I'd better figure out what I'm going to do with her, ne?

5. yes I got mine too!
      help I have nothing for her x,x (ok I have some clothes for my FID girl so she won´t sitting around nacked)

I think I call her (my Karin) Amalia. or Amira like my big elf girl I sold because she was too big with her 65 cm

6. I got my shipping notice, too. What's funny is I was checking his website (again!) yesterday and saw that my past and present order history had disappeared. I emailed him about it last night, and this morning I got the shipping notice. With my luck she'll arrive Saturday while I'm at a doll meet.

@Uminari - I like the name Amira. Very pretty.

7. Yay congrats everyone!

8. Lilith is in my town.:cheer I should have her in hand sometime today. The question now is, do I have time to do a face-up before tomorrow's doll meet-up?

Lilith has arrived. I gave her a quick face-up, which I really like, then as I was positioning her eyes I somehow scratched an eyebrow and the color came off. I don't think it's the fault of my MSC, because I've had problems doing face-ups on Creature Dolls before where color doesn't stick to some parts of the resin. I washed her head before the face-up, but I should have wiped her with acetone, too. That usually resolves the color-won't-stick problem. I'll take photos at tomorrow's doll meet. She's going as is--I don't have time to re-do her.

#428 vermont chick, Jun 8, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    9. Aw, well, thanks for the warning. Maybe just a bit of mold-release still on the sculpt? I'll make sure to give mine a thorough cleaning.

10. Wooooo!!!

11. That's what I thought. It's always just on or above an eyebrow.

12. Forgot to say my girl arrived on Friday as well, safe and sound! But I was kind of amused to find the oversized shipping box full of cut-up foam-people bits. I was tempted to take a photo and post it with the caption, "Oh, the carnage!" :lol:

Now the only problem is, which project doll do I work on first?

13. Hooray! What all projects are you planning @Sianserais ?

14. Oh, well, mostly fairly minor things. It just wasn't planned that I would end up getting a trade offer for a body I've had on the MP for like two years and two doll arrivals in such quick succession! So now I have an AE mermaid body (that I need to remove some glued-on decorations from, do some paint touch-ups and find a head for), the SD spider girl who's forcing a complete redesign of my original concept for her (though the work in this case is mostly going to be modifying clothing, not the doll), and this third CD girl who I was planning to widen the eyes on to look more like the original Lucia sculpt. I'm actually only planning on keeping the tan twins - it was always my intention to replace the NS version with a tan one if I got the chance to.
      (And then I hope to drill through the hips in one of my JID dolls so she can be strung normally, but that can wait.)

15. Oh that’s exciting!! Lots of doll projects. I’ll be excited to see how your eye widening project goes. I’m still not decided on my body hybrid project mostly because I am iffy on my mod skills.

16. Lilith finally has a face-up! Well, okay, so it's her third. I'm picky and the first two looked great in person and horrible on my computer screen. She also has a bicycle. I've had this for years but haven't had it out in a long time. I had no idea she would turn out to be a tomboy!
      [​IMG]

17. lovely Lilith. she's an environmentalist perhaps? using the bike for short errands and visits. great bike.
      am looking for something similar. so hard to tell by measurements if things look good next to a doll.

:daisy

18. The bike looks perfect for her, ad the faceup is nice too :)

19. She looks good! I love the combo of teal and blonde hair, and the bike is precious!

20. Thanks @petiteballerine, @skyealloway, @Sianserais ! I can't get her to sit on the bike, unfortunately. The wheels move but the chain and pedals don't, and I can't seem to get her feet into position where they'll stay on the pedals. The next time I photograph it I'll try to remember to put something colorful in the bike's basket to liven things up. I bought the bike from Pier 1 Imports, but like it I said, it was years ago. I didn't worry too much about the size. I collect several different doll sizes so it was bound to work for someone.