1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Doll! Armored Beauties ready for Adventure

Feb 26, 2017

1. Speaking of companions for our Creature Dolls, I guess even elves from Raccoondoll can't appeal to me, but I'm seriously wondering how IH's new FID would look like with my twins... armor and all.

2. Oooh yes his armor is super cool. If I thought there was even a remote chance it’d fit my 45-48cm Granado Lucifer I’d be searching for splits asap! My husband likes him too, except he thinks the hair and face are too clean for a rugged warrior ;)

3. I don't see why not. There's no reason why you couldn't work his costume into your storyline. I read a romance novel earlier this year that featured the ghost of a Roman Legionnaire haunting an archeological site in the Scottish borderlands. Anything is possible.:)

4. Okay, finally took some photos of my newest Lucia in some different wigs - see them all here!

[​IMG]

5. Gosh those are sooo cool and totally in scale for her!

6. They're both a lot of fun to play with, but have soooo many joints to have to wrangle!
      And yes, I think she might have decided they belong to her now... :lol:

7. Both animals are incredibly realistic, especially the snake with its visible scales. I wouldn't want to wake up and see it among my dolls, however, because I would probably smash it to smithereens before I remembered it was resin and not real.:XD:

8. I made another wig! This time I tried a bun, and I had so many wefts left over from her other wig that I made it in the same color as before.
      [​IMG]New Bun! by Skyealloway, on Flickr

I'm fairly pleased! I also accidentally made her bangs look nearly identical to my actual bangs, so my husband says she looks like me now.

9. Congrats on the wig, @skyealloway - The bun style is really cute and the wig looks very well made! I've had no luck gluing wefts to make a wig. I have to wear thin latex gloves or else I get glue all over my fingers. Would you care to share your secret?

10. I don’t wear gloves and I get fairly messy...but I just use plain school glue so it washes easy. I think my only “secret” is I have toddlers that interrupt me constantly so I can usually only put a few wefts on before I have to go tend to something, and by the time I come back that section is dry :) I started this on a Friday and finished Sunday afternoon, and I didn’t even have to make the wefts this time!

I’m pretty excited about wig making. It’s hard to pick what kind of hairdo to make next!

11. wow, you did an excellent job on the wig! I love the bangs and top knot the dolls face up is incredible too, she'''s a beautiful doll but the eye makeup gave her mega personality and depth

12. Thank you so much @Katscauldron ! I can’t take credit for the eye makeup, she was a limited edition and that’s the company faceup. I’m very happy with it. I don’t think I would have ever painted something so dramatic myself but I love how it looks.

13. @skyealloway - I think my choice of glue may be my problem. I've been following (or trying to follow) a tutorial for a wig that you can wash, so the glue used is pretty serious stuff. I think it's called Gem Tac. It's designed to glue tiny gemstones to fabric, so it has to be washable. Trouble is it sticks to everything except the wig base.

14. my cats would probably be wearing the wig base with something like that while i was running around with fiber stuck all over me, I have a hard enough time sometimes with E6000, after a few cabs I have to go and clean my fingers always to start back in again

15. the dragon is just the perfect baby dragon size

16. I haven’t seen that tutorial @vermont chick but sounds like I’d have a disaster too! I always make a mess when crafting. I don’t plan to dunk any of my wigs, and they still style with water just fine, so white glue has worked fine :)

17. The tutorial is Tutorial: anatomical wig with defined hair line . I've never heard of the glue named in the tutorial (Moment Crystal by Henkel) but MB Lilac has used this tutorial successfully with Gem-Tac glue so that's what I've been using. It's permanent glue, though, which is what scares me most and why I wear gloves when I use it.

I've been thinking of switching to Aleene's Tacky Glue. By white school glue do you mean Elmer's?

@Katscauldron - I tried Gem-Tac without gloves at first and had to run and wash my hands every few minutes. It was almost like working with Super Glue. Scary.

18. That's really cute on her! And awesome that now she can have more than one style in the same color. ^_^

You all are not encouraging me to try wig-making. :lol: I have no idea how many times I've had to use a nail-file to scrub super glue off my fingers!

19. @vermont chick yes it’s similar to Elmer’s, but not name brand and has a different application tip. For the bun wig I also used a glue from when I took a book arts class (label says “Talas Jade”) that says it’s acid free, permanent when dry, and archival quality. I dunno if that has anything to do with dolls, but it dries fast was wasn’t drippy so it worked well for attaching wefts.

20. Didn't mean to scare anyone off, @Sianserais - Maybe just use a non-permanent glue until you get the hang of it, then switch to the awful stuff.:)

@skyealloway - Acid free, permanent and archival quality are revered qualities to librarians (I should know--I used to be one). They mean your book is less likely to disintegrate from chemical reactions within the paper, glue and binding. Even if it's not meant for doll wigs it certainly can't hurt, although you've still got unknown chemicals in whatever materials you're using for the wig base, hair and hair color. I'd be curious to pick up another bottle and try it out on a wig.

I just glanced online to see where I could buy bookbinders glue, only to find out that it's a PVA glue (polyvinyl acetate), also known as wood glue, carpenter's glue, white glue and school glue.