1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Doll! Armored Beauties ready for Adventure

Feb 26, 2017

1. @skyealloway - I left body comments on your comparison thread. I have to agree she wears Creature Doll clothes well, but those big hands have to go. I wish I could think of a good alternative. WithDoll hands are probably too small, plus they join on with magnets rather than s-hooks. They are preparing to release a new girl body, however, so it will be interesting to see what changes they will make with hands, if any. Because WithDoll does a lot of fantasy dolls, you get hands that can hold various weapons. Luts Model Delf girl hands look like a good size, but the only hands they sell separately are fist-like, so no hope of clasping a sword, and they attach via resin hook. You can probably forget about color matching there, too, as their normal is very pale. Same with Dollmore Kid and Judith hands. Normal is very pale, and despite numerous hand positions there doesn't appear to be anything that will hold a sword.

2. Oh good ideas @vermont chick ! I hadnt considered looking into withdoll, or dollmore, or Luts, but sounds like withdoll is most likely to have an alternative. I see iplehouse has some hands for FID listed separately too so I’m considering that as well.

3. Ah! I did it! Well first I got jumpy and saw that I gal I know IRL was selling spare MSD hands on the marketplace so I bought those..... FYI Soom MSD hands are much much much bigger :doh

But! Then I watched some modding you tube videos and gathered up my courage and BAM! My Doll Family A body can use my spare creature doll hands!

What I did was I determined there were two issues to fix- 1 the socket on the arm was too deep for the ball on the hands and 2 the shape of the lower arm was flared out toward the wrist, creating a weird unnatural look when paired with the smaller hands.

So I filled in the socket with some 2 part putty (Fixit stick) and used a straw to shape the string hole and a eye bevel tool to keep the socket round. Then when it was all hardened and set I sanded the wrists down and viola!

My flikr app hasn’t worked on my phone for like a week or I’d take a picture :( hopefully I can work it from my laptop tomorro. Also I know I’m a chicken and could/should probably sand the arm down more....but I’m happy enough with the results for now :kitty2

4. @skyealloway - I can't wait to see pics of the modded wrists. At the rate you're going you'll eventually be making your own BJDs!

5. Thank you for your confidence @vermont chick !
      It was a beautiful day here yesterday, although my photos are a bit washed out...actually it works to my advantage - the color difference in the hands and arms doesn't stand out much!

[​IMG]Hands Mod! by Skyealloway, on Flickr

6. Wow, @skyealloway, your wrist mods don't show at all! The hands are a little small for the body, but at least she's able to grasp her sword. I think the color only looks off because of the blushing on the face. Otherwise the hands appear to be a pretty good color match for the body.

7. I hunger for Karin spam!

8. Here's a warrior pic in honor of our fallen warriors on this Memorial Day.

[​IMG]

9. Her tiny details are great- lil pierced ears, painted nails!

10. I finally named her - meet Alise!
      [​IMG]Jasminebjdboutique purchases by Skyealloway, on Flickr

I was browsing the marketplace the other day and noticed a Karin listed for sale. I wish I had all the monies and could buy every Creature Doll that comes up :sigh

As it is I shouldn't be thinking of buying new dolls at all, my boys are both going to pre-k this year and I'm pretty much broke :chomp: but I think I'll try to save up for a Iplehouse FID Rexy next, to round out my "fashion scale" MSD crew.

11. Yey Alise!!! Well met

12. Finally took a decent picture of my new space buns type wig!
      [​IMG]Wigs by Skyealloway, on Flickr

Saireth can pull off any look :)

13. That's so cute! I love the way her outfit goes with the hair too. ^_^

14. Love the space buns!

15. Wow so beautiful.

16. @skyealloway - Those are gorgeous! So realistic--I love how she looks in them.

17. @skyealloway - Agreed, those look amazingly good on her! I think the name suits her too. ^_^ Thanks for sharing!

18. I was just thinking about Creature Doll earlier today.
      I am still so sad I wasn't able to get a elf Phyllis or elf Lucia in time :( I hope someday Creature Doll/Taewong will be able to make dolls again, though.