1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Doll! Armored Beauties ready for Adventure

Feb 26, 2017

1. Same, I really wish we could see more of the armor sets and clothing and stuff. Their bodies are also my favourites

2. Wow. This is beautiful.

3. Thank you :)

4. You're very welcome.

5. I was wondering, does anyone still know what creature dollโ€™s email was? Iโ€™ve been mulling over the thought to send him a message on Instagram and email to see if he might receive it โ€” I am curious if he might be willing to offer some order periods for the dolls in the future, if he still has the means to do so.

It makes me so sad. Honestly I think his company name might have been a bit too vague, since whenever I look up โ€œcreature dollโ€ on google, it tends to come up with art dolls first and foremost. 1/4 fashion sized dolls are getting more and more popular so I wonder if he was to rebrand with small order periods, if it would help him at all - assuming, of course, itโ€™s something he would still be willing/able to do.

6. @Epona - the address I can find in my mail history is [email protected]
      And I agree, the name might not have been the easiest to find. It really is a shame, with the quality of the dolls and accessories, that people didn't pay much attention to them.

7. His ideas were so good. I'd love to see him return.

8. @skyealloway - It does look to be the right size! Any ideas about how you're going to repaint it? And speaking of accessories for these girls, I'm eyeing one of these... :lol:

9. @Sianserais you know I forgot I owned this bow until I randomly discovered it yesterday, so I have no plans just yet. I might steal your idea that perhaps it is cursed to help inspire a new color scheme.

OMG I also was considering elf jude as a new accessory :wiggle I eventually talked myself out of it....for now.....mostly because I already bought two dolls this year and it's barely February!

10. I'm joining the Judefest wishlist as arm candy for my armored beauty. Looking for pics of that body. wondering at proportions with our girls.

11. @skyealloway - Well, given their habit of rereleases, I'm sure he'll be available again if you change your mind. ;) Just maybe not with that outfit.

@petiteballerine - If you mean the 51 ATH body, there's pics in their gallery if you scroll down? Good question about the proportions though. The girls are in good proportion to IH FIDs, so I'd assume the guys are too.

#572 Sianserais, Feb 7, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    12. I have comparison photos of fid with creaturedoll, and if you look in Antique Lilac's blog she has a Sartoriaj doll with FID and they are the same size basically. She does a lot of couples photos so you can get a good idea of the boys and girls together. This is my comparison photo:
      Fashion BJD Doll Comparison
      There is a Raccoondoll and a Sideshow Muse in there too for good measure.

13. To save you the trouble of scrolling through endless Blog posts, here's the link to the comparison photos of Jude with my FIDs and a Raccoon lady - Comparing
      Unfortunately I don't have any Creature Dolls.

14. Was anyone able to get ahold of the Creature Doll artist? I need to get a replacement body for Lucia (her body is currently being occupied) and another body for a head I want to order.

I'm going to have to put out a WTB aren't I? ><

15. Guys I am sad. I had Saireths armor packed away for over a year because I moved between a few places last year and she had a magnet that needed to be glued back. I finally decided last weekend "this is it! I will fix the armor magnet!"

I successfully glued it back in...but the pieces wouldn't fit together. Apparently the other magnet I had reglued at some point and it wasnt flush, so I couldnt assemble the armor due to how tight all the pieces fit.

Well, I pondered and decided to remove the offending magnet and try again....when suddenly the magnet on a totally different part of the armor came out.

Ugh! So frustrating! The teeny magnets are ridiculous!

I'm wondering if they are really needed at all. I feel like she can put the armor on while it's assembled. I may try to hot glue together the whole thing today....

16. You could try miniature model glue. There's one from BSI that's specifically formulated for gluing in tiny magnets.
      But I don't know how often you would use it after gluing the 2 tiny magnets afterward, so hot glue might be the more economical option

17. Miniature model glue might be a worthy investment, the Guardian Phyllis set altogether contains 14 separate tiny magnets between the armor and the staff.....and whatever glue they were put in with originally is apparently breaking down.

18. @skyealloway - Ugh, I've had a couple instances of gluing a headcap magnet in backwards and having to pry it out again. I can imagine it's even worse when they're smaller. Good luck figuring it out! Is the entire thing just held together with magnets, then? I don't think I realized that!

19. @Sianserais hmmm sort of. Like the front and back of the armor has two magnets on each side, and each shoulder pauldron has a set of magnets that fit exactly over the connection of the front and back piece, so there is a bit more strength to the magnets that way.

I did it thou, I got mad enough to hot glue the five pieces that make up the armor together. And you know what? Seems like it's going to hold just fine. Had to remove her head to put it on but honestly that is a way easier process than assembly with all the magnets.

The staff magnets arent nearly as annoying, and those pieces fit together with like a peg and hole system with interior magnets so again, there is some extra strength.

I'm happy to have Saireth dressed up again. My human child has come down with a cold and demands mom cuddles or I would have took pictures already. Pictures soon!