1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Doll! Armored Beauties ready for Adventure

Feb 26, 2017

1. While I don't own a Creature Doll (yet), I must say thank you to everyone who has been posting in this thread! I live vicariously through your posts! <3

2. I think they're my favorite MSD body.
      I want to do a Want To Buy for bodies/heads but I don't even know what tag to search on Instagram for them ><

3. I have never bought second hand off Instagram...if I post a WTB, I will post it here I think.

4. Oh, same
      I was just thinking about how big of a net I might need to cast

5. Just a quick photo of my Lucia. I got her out of the cabinet to help me decide where to put a window in a diorama I'm making and just had to snap a quick photo
      [​IMG]Fayeth by Skyealloway, on Flickr

6. I love her dress and armor!

7. @skyealloway - Ooh, love that color wig on her. ^_^ She's looking good!

8. Thank you! I made both the dress and the armor :D I hope to get around to making a few more pieces like maybe some hip armor and belt to match.

Thank you! I agree. I made this wig for Saireth (Phyllis) but when I tried it on Fayeth I realized the pink coloring of her face looks really good with red hair and green eyes. Can't believe it took me a whole year to notice! Lol and now I've spent the last two weeks trying to make Saireth a new wig....so far I've made two dudes but I've got another in progress so we will see how it turns out :eusa_pray

9. Fayeth was hanging onto Roderic's hat and tome while he got a new wig made, and she looks so good I might need to make another hat!
      [​IMG]Fayeth by Skyealloway, on Flickr

10. @skyealloway - That style of hat definitely works with her outfit! She looks a bit bemused, though. :lol: "What do you want me to be?"

11. @Sianserais haha that's true, there's definitely not a well thought out idea behind her look....I think she's technically wearing pieces to three different types of outfits :sweat

I finally bought another pattern just the other day- Designs by Jude featuring Fletcher Pattern Company
      The Designs by Jude hooded dress. It looks sort of Magical Medieval to me. I haven't made any outfits in a while and even thou I didn't quite like the other pattern of hers that I had, I think buying another will push me to make something :kitty1

12. @skyealloway - That's a lovely design, and should be perfect for one of your girls! Good luck with it!

13. Oooh I really like that pattern! I might have to try it...when I get brave.

14. Saireth has stolen the Iplehouse Bibane outfit and rode out to the field with Buttercup, my Our Generation rescue horse.

[​IMG]Saireth and Butterscotch by Skyealloway, on Flickr

15. So I finally got around sending Mr. Taewong a message on instagram and his email and DoA account. I am not sure if he will receive any of the messages, but if I do hear back, I'll let everyone know what he says. :) But here is the following message:

"Hello Mr. Taewong! I know Creature Doll has stopped producing dolls for several years now, but I was wondering: have you ever considered doing limited runs of your dolls in the future? Such as if you had a certain amount of orders for a specific doll?

Many people miss you and your creations, so I thought it worthwhile to ask, in case it might be a possibility in the future.

I am not sure if you will receive this message due to the time has passed since closing but I hope you have been well and I look forward to hearing back from you,
      Epona"

I think Fashion Minis have become popular enough it might be easier to get more interest in his dolls these days. Creature Doll is a really cool name, but it's hard to google due to it being rather ambiguous, so it would be nice to see them open up again in the future, even if they have to rebrand under another name. I'd really like to get Lucia most of all, though I wouldn't mind eventually getting a Phyllis, Karin, and Lilith someday too.

16. I got a new SartoriaJ elf to join Saireth as a partner in crime!
      [​IMG]Elf Luthien by Skyealloway, on Flickr

She still needs a name and a faceup and hair, but having a new friend is nice :)

17. @skyealloway - Ooh, glad to see you got her! I don't have a need for her myself, but she's such an interesting sculpt! Looks like you've got some fun textures going on in that diorama too?

18. Thanks @Sianserais , the diorama has lots of textures haha. Now its missing set dressing...and furniture. I want to make a big table that several dolls can sit at!

19. I just purchased a creature doll Lilith secondhand. She looks very very familiar. I hope her original owner is ok, because she was sold for less than I expected to pay. Does anyone remember how much were these dolls sold for originally? I think they had already stopped producing by the time I joined the hobby. Thank you for this thread, because it is what spurred me to take the plunge! They look beautiful and like good posers. I wish she had elf ears like the others, but she is still very pretty.

20. @kittyglitter - Congrats! Hope you'll share pics! According to my old emails, a basic blank doll cost $330, but with faceup and tan resin cost $400. I need to find/make some sort of backdrop for mine.