1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Doll! Armored Beauties ready for Adventure

Feb 26, 2017

1. Wow, I didn't see that one the last time I looked at Monique's website. Facets doesn't have it yet. The wig looks blue and blonde instead of blue and white. Maybe it's a white-blonde. Either way it's pretty.

2. Ivory, I guess. It looked pretty darn white in this photo, and the name implies it should be true white. I don't know if I want to pester anyone to find out if it's meant to be that way or not.

3. The color name does say "white" so you would be justified in asking. It looks like the seller used Monique's photo, but it could be that Monique's picture editing software color corrected and produced a purer white than the item really is.

4. Rats, so many threads I need to fix pictures on, stupid Photobucket.

Anyway- the eye saga concludes! I got my second safrindoll order yesterday, this time two pairs: both size 10mm with 8mm pupil, one is color verdant, one ember. Even though I ordered them in the same size, verdant appears to have a larger iris/pupil area then ember.

The winner is - verdant! There is not much white showing, but she appears almost like a cat to me, and I think it works.
      Safrin Eyes Tryouts

Now to expand her wig selection :kitty2

5. @skyealloway - I like the verdant, too. The color works well with her outfit. On the other hand, if you ever change to another outfit the ember also looks good on her.

I hear you on the P-bucket saga. There is no way I'm going to repost 7 years worth of photos--if I could even find half the threads. All the photos are on my computer, the problem being that I don't remember which ones I used and when.

6. Shipping notice! :cheer Mei is on her way home.

I wonder if there is a typo in my tracking number, because there is a letter instead of a numeral before the KR at the end and there is no information yet. A Raccoon Doll that shipped at the same time has already left the airport. I have a feeling Mei will just show up and surprise me.

7. Yay congrats! @vermont chick i bet she's hear before you know it....and a raccoon on the way too?! Awesome!

8. Mei has arrived! Creature Doll emailed me over the weekend to give me the correct tracking number, which was very nice of them. I had hoped to give her a face-up today, but the mail came late and I knew I wouldn't be able to finish if I started her. Unlike Lucia, Mei is very tightly strung--her arms especially. I had trouble posing her for photos. The funny thing is that both Mei and my new Raccoon Steeze Rosie are very tight. I wonder if it has to do with the weather in Korea vs the weather here? Anyway, here she is:
      [​IMG]

9. Thanks @skyealloway. I really like her sculpt. Not a fan of how the company paints them, however. I plan to paint her today, so I'll take more photos later.

10. @vermont chick how does the creature doll resin color compare to raccoon doll?

11. Creature Doll's resin is pinker. Both of my normal skin Raccoon girls were ordered 2 years ago, however, so I presume they have yellowed a bit. I don't know what a brand new Raccoon normal looks like.

I got Mei painted, but the sky darkened during the afternoon so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take photos. I had to sand her brow gently, just like Lucia, because that area wasn't taking color. I don't know, maybe it's something to do with how they prepare their molds?

12. Mei got her face painted, a different outfit and different eyes. (I think they're 8mm.)
      [​IMG]

13. Looks like I got bit by the creature doll bug, will have to get one as a Christmas present later this year. By then who knows how many new dolls will come out by that time. Is it hard to upload pics from Flickr? I have been slowly putting my pics there and don't know how to upload them here.

14. @derilan85 - I presume you also kicked the Bucket? For the most part uploading from Flickr is not bad. You don't need to click on the image icon here. Just go to your photo in Flickr, click on the curved arrow on the bottom right of the screen, make sure the setting is on BB Code, right click on the highlighted string, then paste it into your DoA post. You'll have to remove all the code before the initial bracket img bracket. Then find the next bracket img bracket and remove everything that comes after it. I know it sounds complicated when you read it, but try it, it's easy.

It only gets to be a pain in the neck when you want to post photos to a sales thread. Use the same procedure. When you post your thread the photos will be missing, so go to Edit and do it again. It only takes after the second time. (If there is an easier way, I would love to know what it is.)

15. I go to 'download this photo, view all sizes' in Flickr, (the downward arrow on the right) then choose the size I want, click on the photo to bring up Properties, copy the URL link in that menu, then paste that wherever you want using the image icon here. pretty quick and gives you the right size. no BB to mess with. works just as easily in sales threads.

I never used photobucket. so glad for that!

:kitty2

16. I'll try that method the next time. Does it work without doing it twice in sales threads?

17. My beef with Flickr is I can't get the bb code from my phone, and I don't much opportunity at the laptop these days. Excited to see another creature doll fan! Soon I'll go in and fix at least the photos in this thread :sweat

18. @vermont chick - I use a pc for uploading to DOA. no problem with sales thread. paste url into the 1st photo, etc and the pics pop up right away.
      I've never had to post twice to get pics to work in the marketplace. on the old board or this one. not sure what would cause that.

19. @petiteballerine - I also use a PC and have tried pasting the url onto the line for the first photo, etc. Didn't work for me. I use Windows 10 home edition. Maybe that makes the difference?