1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creeper Tracking

Dec 29, 2010

1. Okay, MAYBE. But only if you buy me a Dollheart outfit first! :aheartbea

2. I guess that's somewhat doable but it really better not be ANOTHER fer, I'm still trying to patch the damage from the last one you made me buy! *_*

3. Oh no! I just want the Blue Alice outfit? I think that would be reasonable reparations for such a DAMAGED friendship. :doh

4. God! You should be glad your creeperness makes up for how greedy you are! This is going to take up all my bank account! And then we're going to have to track that together! You should really be glad that I love you so much :x:daisy

5. NO!!!! NOT THE F&@# YOU DAISY!!! ALOGUE HOW COULD YOU!!!!! THAT IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE RESERVED FOR THE SCUM OF THE FORUM. LIKE T******-D*****!!!!!!!:evil:

YOU KNOW WHAT???:daisy:daisy:daisy:daisy:daisy:daisy:daisy:daisy:daisy

6. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      I kinda switch... Sometimes I'm very anxious and excited, other times I'm pretty "meh." Only with clothes, eyes, wigs, and the like, though.

-Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc?
      Oh, hellz yeah. I was telling my non-doll friend every single day that I might get the tracking number, before I should have even expected one.

-How many times an hour do you tend to check a tracking number?
      Eh, I check every morning when I wake up and every evening before going to bed. I will check at random points during the day, too, especially if I have access to a computer. Usually, though, I wait until I'm pretty sure it will be updated. Like, knowing (in general) how long it takes to get from point a to point b.

-Do you think your dolly creeper tracking habits are obsessive?
      I'm totally obsessed. What are you talking about?

-Do you have any friends with creeper tracking tendencies?
      Yes, definitely. At least, my girlfriend is a creeper tracker. I just don't get as visibly excited. No one really knows that my insides are dancing the conga and having a wild, drunken orgy. It's as uncomfortable as it sounds.

-What do you think of yourself/others with these issues?
      Meh, we get excited. Nothing wrong with that. Might as well get excited over something, right?

-Do you think it's unhealthy to be this obsessive over this aspect of the doll hobby?
      ... That really depends. If it interferes with your life, obviously it's unhealthy, but it's up to the individual to decide if it's unhealthy (or their close friends/family). *shrugs*

-Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example.
      Yes. I write about my shipping/tracking woes on my DA journal all the time. But then, it gives me something to do.

7. This... has made my day. *gigglesnort*

Ok, I check once a day or so... except right now. OMG waiting for a package I sent out to be delivered and it's LATE. And EXPENSIVE. and I *am* going to have heart failure if it doesn't get there shortly because both of us will be out a very. expensive. item.

You know that "sinking to the floor -- and beyond" feeling? That's me hovering over the tracking right now.

But usually, no. :)

Gollum. *snicker*

8. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      I get pretty anxious. Typically, though, when I'm on my way home from work and I remember that "Oh yeah, I have packages coming. Maybe they'll be here" that's when I get the most anxious. Just....minutes away from the mailbox.

-Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc?
      YES.

Oh, gosh. When I'm waiting for a doll, and it's down to the "It's in your country.....it's in your state....it's in your HOOD" that's when I start checking obsessively. Luts never gave me a tracking number for Tevy, so he was a total surprise, arriving on Mother's Day while I'd been out with my mother. When I got home, the box was on the coffee table and my brother and his friend were like "....dude....it's here....@_@" With Isshi, it just happened so fast. He was here before I thought he possibly could be. But once I found out he'd shipped, I checked every chance I could.

No. There are plenty out there worse than me.

Yes, although it's not doll related. More...."OMG I ordered the new _____ single, it ships next week, omgomgomg."

It can make you feel pretty lame, sometimes. When you show up to the post office, and you're shaking with nerves/excitement, and the post guy is just like "Here you are. Another one from China, huh? .....sign here...-_-"

-Do you think it's unhealthy to be this obsessive over this aspect of the doll hobby?
      No. If anything, I could stand to get more excited. When I'm paying this much money because I love something, despite not having anyone to share it with, and not really participating in many other aspects of the hobby, I should really be able to get into the waiting part.

-Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example.
      No, I don't. So far, the furthest I've gone in publicizing my dolliness has been to post pictures of Isshi's painted head on facebook. Not that anybody knew what I was babbling about, I was just so excited, I had to post him somewhere.

9. ...Whoa. Guys, y'all lay off the sugar/caffiene/crack/resin. I'm startin' to get scared over here.

I am not always obessive about tracking. It mostly depends on the doll. With my Vesuvia, I drove my roommate NUTS because not only would I check the tracking every five minutes, I'd loudly announce the current status.

If I was at work, I'd IM the status to him. *laugh*

Other things, not so much. When my DragonGirl ships out, I'll probably check tracking once a day, maybe. I'm EXCITED for her, but at the same time she's not a grail doll coming from Finland. XD

10. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail? Very anxious, actually. I get excited. xD

-Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc? Most definitely. I do tend to get more excited about an actual doll. But, recieving items for them is just as much fun.

-How many times an hour do you tend to check a tracking number? Four for five. I just did it. xD

-Do you think your dolly creeper tracking habits are obsessive? I personally don't think so, since I'm more then checking the status, I'm making sure it actually gets to my house and that I get it before anyone in the house does. They tend to hold things hostage.

-Do you have any friends with creeper tracking tendencies? Not that I know of.

-What do you think of yourself/others with these issues? Nothing, really. Actually, this is a hard one. Lol. I'm a creeper.

-Do you think it's unhealthy to be this obsessive over this aspect of the doll hobby? Yes and no. It depends on how obsessed you really are. It's okay to get excited about things and check tracking and anxiously wait, since it it something that you love or something for something that you love. But, there's a point where it just gets over obsessive and that's when it just gets unhealthy.

-Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example. No. For my LJ is a barren wasteland. xD

11. clothes, wigs,... not so much anxiety...

doll ordered from the maker. OMG! I don't know how anyone can take the wait. Will he look like the photos on the site? will he get here safely? will he still fit the character concept when he arrives?

Outfits ordered about the same time I ordered the doll have already arrived and are waiting... they're all SOOOoo cute.
      (problem is not to keep ordering outfits while waiting... or looking at MORE dolls to want...)

12. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      VERY VERY much for the dollies.

Yes.

At least three times a day??

Maybe a little.

No

I dunno, I hadn't really thought about it.

Not really? Not unless it's like "DON'T BOTHER ME ALL OF TODAY, WATCHING UPS' SITE"

I've been ranting in my Deviantart journal. @_@'

13. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      Extremely anxious. Well I try not to be...lol

Only when it's a actual doll, accessories don't get me going crazy as much.

Um well....a lot. Probably about 10 times XD

Nahhhhhh when you have been waiting say about 2-3 months for a doll. When it ships it's like FREAKING FINALLY!! and you want to stalk it the whole way home! Because you get excited!

YUP!

Normal...? WELL as normal as I can possibly get anyways.

Not really. It's fun to watch the tracking. Gets me all excited!

Nope, actually I don't I rant to my boyfriend about it mostly....like "OMG It's in the states!! It's almost out of customs!! *&*@#&*@#&*@**!!!!" ;3

14. When you've been involved with the hobby as long as I have, tracking dolls and even opening the boxes has become blase. Sometimes, it's not even worth the effort to remove the tape from the package, let alone expend the energy to open a new tab in Firefox and paste a number.

Besides, everyone should know that Volks dolls are magically delivered by Mother SD's angels and can't be tracked by normal human means.:sumomo:

15. Now that I've scared everyone by bursting out with laughter at work...ahem..

I actually didn't get to excited waiting for my first doll to arrive after he shipped. I pretty much just checked once in the morning and once at night just to see where he was for the day. The day he went out for delivery I was okay, and only checked once just to see that he was out for delivery and then called my brother to call me when he got to the house. It wasn't until work was almost over and my brother still hadn't called that I started to get anxious. The last two hours were probably the worst and I think I must have looked outside everytime the dog barked. @_@

So far I haven't ordered any clothes, but considering I'm fairly meh about stuff like that I don't think I'll get to excited.

16. How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      Very anxious! :D

Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc?
      Right now I wait for dress and 2 wigs and I get crazy :D

How many times an hour do you tend to check a tracking number?
      When I am at the computer I check it once an hour I guess and get crazy when the status didn't change :D

Do you have any friends with creeper tracking tendencies?
      Noo, most of my friends don't buy things from different countries so they don't have nothing to track ;D

What do you think of yourself/others with these issues?
      I think it is okay ^^ I am just excited about it :)

Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example.
      Did you read my blog? My last post is about EMS and that it makes me crazy :D

http://asukachans-blog.blogspot.com/2010/12/ems-makes-me-go-crazy.html

It's in german and the translation-option is bad >.<

17. What a funny topic. 8D

I keep staring at my calendar, counting off the days and predicting when my things will arrive--I think I'm getting pretty good at this!
      I track my items now and then, but when it's just registered airmail... it doesn't get updated for days so I just give up... whatever. -___-"
      I mention that I might have things arriving to my grandmother, who stays at home, and apparently I made her anxious so that she keeps thinking there might be something for me whenever she sees a Canada Post truck drive by our house... my anxiety is contagious ;P

18. Firstly, I just want to say that when I read the title of this thread I fell out of my seet laughing, I took it wrong >D
      But to the questions:
      #I am EXTREMELY impatient when I know i have something in the mail
      # I have yet to recieve my tracking number, so that makes it alittle ansy
      #YEs, a doll makes me more worried then I would be if it was just a pair of shoes

19. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      Pretty anxious.

Well, I found out that the "any-day-now" syndrome has me running laps from the door to the mail box at the end of the drive way a couple times a day. It doesn't seem to matter if it was my doll or something else. Now that I have moved, I running out of the door, up a hill, and to the boxes at the top everyday. It's good exercise. XD

The first of the hour, half an hour, 45 minutes-ish and then at the end of the hour...

I am pretty obsessive when it comes to the mail, in general.

Oh yeah, I egg them on. XD Especially when I sent them a package or something. We're all pretty bad. We live far away from each other, so its a HUGE event to stalk-er..."watch" for the postman.

I don't think anything bad about it. I find it a sort of adventure, and gives me something to look forward too.

I think it's quite amusing and fun, since many people are similar. As long as no one gets hurt, yeah? LOL

Nah. I may menton I am waiting, or leave a small tidbit to another users' comment. I usually wait for my doll or dolly items to arrive, THEN write a journal or make a post.

20. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      It depends on what the itemis, where its coming from, and how long its been since it was shipped out.

I'm usually excited about receiving ANYTHING in the mail that I've ordered. Otherwise I don't get any mail 8n8

I forget about it until the third day of being told its been shipped out. Where I live, everything takes 3 days to get to me or from me to its destination shipped if within the US. So that third day I'm checking the tracking number like crazy since the mailman's schedule is unpredictable here.

Not obsessive, I just want to make sure the package is actually getting delivered and not lost in the mail.

Its possible lol

Ordering stuff is the only way I get ANY mail so its not really an issue to me.

I don't think so. I don't think its really an issue of being obsessed.
      Its more like...you paid big bucks for a doll that you won't be seeing/hearing about for a month or more depending on the company you order from so when you discover its FINALLY coming home, you're super excited because you'll finally have the actual product in your hands to make up for the amount of money that's been gone and the time you spent not having anything to show for it.

No lol. Husband and friends hear enough about it in person/chat. I don't think they want to read about it as well lol