1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Creeper Tracking

Dec 29, 2010

1. I thought it'd be worse for me to have to wait for the doll head I ordered a little while ago. But I actually forgot about the wait (not the head, I could never forget about that) until they sent me an email saying that it'd be at the company within a week and then to me within another.
      That was over a week ago x.x So yes, I've been checking the website daily for any changes even though I know it won't magically say 'It'll be there tomorrow!'
      So yeah, I'm weird XD Give me a three month wait and I'll be pretty chill. But tell me it'll be here in three days and I'll be anxious to the point where screaming will occur if it's a day over the wait limit.

2. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      I'm normally pretty anxious - mostly with excitement. I like getting stuff in the mail, even if it's just clothes, wigs, eyes etc. I can't normally leave it at the post office overnight if I have any possibility of going to pick it up at all.

-Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc?
      Yes. They're more expensive, bigger and generally wanted more than the things I get *for* the doll. A good friend said it once, if it's with the company you generally can expect it's safe. Once it's in the mail, everything is out of your hands and you can no longer guarantee someone is handling your precious with as much care as the company or yourself. It's all up in the air in the realm of unknown possibilities, and that's rather stressful ^^;;

-How many times an hour do you tend to check a tracking number?
      I did one better. I learned the times my post office most often updates their site and I check then. Instead of checking on frequent hours I've narrowed it down to checking first thing in the morning, sometime around lunch - so long as it's after 10am, just after 10pm, and just before bed (which is only a few hours later... but it's like a good night ritual), and that's only if nothing has distracted me from checking. All bets are off once the tracking says it's "out for delivery" however. I'll spam my tracking on every break at work until I see if it's been delivered successfully or if I have to go walk to the post office when I get home and pick it up.

-Do you think your dolly creeper tracking habits are obsessive?
      Maybe borderline, but I also tend to think it's a safe habit to maintain when you've poured a lot of money into something. A lot of things in this hobby have timelines in which you can safely get a refund or something similar. Bonus points for the obsessive!!

-Do you have any friends with creeper tracking tendencies?
      I don't think I know a single person in this hobby who doesn't check their tracking at the very least, once a day when an item has been sent.

-What do you think of yourself/others with these issues?
      I tend to think it's healthy so long as they aren't spazzing at the slightest thing.

-Do you think it's unhealthy to be this obsessive over this aspect of the doll hobby?
      Not really. See above actually. So long as it's not going overboard I tend to think it's just being responsible. Unless it falls into the spazzing for no good reason category. Then I might think it's just for attention ;)

-Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example.
      I always chronicle my incomings on other forums I belong to. Especially if something weird has happened, if only because people's feedback is sometimes a good way to not panic. :3

3. Wow,Love the discussion so far, Yeah I get kinda obsessive when tracking, check a couple times a day, not as much if it is not a doll, But my worry goes up exponentially if it is coming from another country

4. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      Depends on the item. Clothes and things, not quite so much unless it's, say, a fer or some insanely expensive Y!Japan outfit. Dolls? Anything goes. :lol:

-Does the anxiety increase by tenfold when it's an actual doll instead of doll related items such as clothes, wigs, eyes, etc?
      OH GOD YES. I mean, no, I don't have a package tracker app on my phone or anything >>

I actually try not to check it more than once an hour or so. If I drive myself around the bend how can I enjoy the doll/item when it arrives?

Compared to some, not really. :sweat

I can think of a couple who do. :XD:

I try not to let myself get out of hand. Anyone else is allowed to do what they want, as long as I don't have to constantly hear about it. ;)

-Do you think it's unhealthy to be this obsessive over this aspect of the doll hobby?
      That all depends on how much you let yourself get into it. I do agree that sometimes it can get out of hand.

-Do you tend to write about various tracking and shipping worries on sites unrelated to Den of Angels such as a personal blog or LiveJournal? Feel free to post a link to show us an example.
      I complain a lot on Twitter as of late. :XD:

5. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      It really varies. If it's doll items such as clothes of wigs, I check maybe once every few days. If it's a doll though, I check like once an hour. XD

Of course! Dolls cost a pretty penny and some of us save every dime and nickle to buy them. :D It's only understandable to be a tad more anxious.

Once an hour for a doll.

It really becomes obsessive when I know they're in country. XD

All my doll owner friends have creeper tracking tendencies!

I think it's perfectly fine to track the hell out of a precious doll.

Hm, I wouldn't say it's unhealthy per se. Sure, it can cause a lot of stress and anxiety but unless you're getting stressed to wit's end, I don't see how it's unhealthy.

XD No. I do tend to whine a little to some friends but that's as far as it goes.

6. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      rather. especially since it's usually delievered to my friend's house so m parents won't know. :/ i keep thinking it will get lost.

definitely! resin bits are so much more precious and not to mention, expensive to lose. D< i would hate to lose my dolls but clothes and stuff are somewhat more replacable. especially the ones i have not set sight on, and would probably forgot i ever ordered it if it didn't arrive. :/

less than one, thankfully. just 4 or 5 times a day. :D

sometimes, yes. but after a while i'll get lazy and eventually stop. then the doll/item arrives about then :D

eh, dolly friends or other friends too? i think dolly friends should be rather obssessive at some point (at least, early in the hobby). normal friends...creeper tracking? hmm. maybe.

it's pretty normal? i mean, you dump this whole chunk of money and you are relying on someone else to ship it to you. it's enough to get paranoid about. not to mention if it's resin, you wonder if they'll leave it somewhere it might get damaged. but with regards to creeper tracking, i think that's a bit obsessive. but hey, whatever rocks your boat, and as long as you don't behave abnormally otherwise...anything goes.

not really. as mentioned. money. and all the don'ts doll owner observe are broken during shipping... i think i have cause to worry and obsess.

yes. i do. in fact, there was a period of time where the first thing i do after switching on the computer is to track the package and then blog about it. but i'm not linking the page here cos it's my personal blog ;)

7. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?

I get very anxious, though I'll credit some of it to my newness to this hobby I guess. She'll be my first doll and I want to make sure she arrives safely.

I haven't ordered any just extra sets yet, so I wouldn't know...

Resin soul's tracking number thing doesn't seem to work (not for me) so I just repeatedly check my email, 8 or 9 times an hour.

A little, but then again there are far worse things we could all be doing.

I don't have and DOLL friends yet, but as for my normal buddies I have a friend who's rather freakish about her ebay tracking(she checked it while sleeping over at my house.)

yes but these are expensive items here, shipped from across the planet in some instances and so I think that gives us a little leeway.

Yes and no I guess,the way I see it's in degrees and we're all different so how much is too much?

This is my first doll, not even a week into waiting and I've already informed my watchers over at Deviantart that I'm getting one.:)(http://dog-of-awesome.deviantart.com/journal/)

8. All I can say is I track like a bloodhound and the last time I got a package it went like this:

"Okay, I need you to sign and print here."

[sound of lightspeed]

[mailman glances back over] "I need you to print- Dear God, that was fast!"

"Yeah, I know the drill. I've done this sooo many times before." [laughs, cradles box]

If you've seen Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, I signed faster than that. XD

9. I'll hop on this thread. XD

Hello, I'm Teabender and I'm a tracking obsessive. One day I hope to be able to have a doll in the mail and not check the status on the hour every hour. It'll likely never happen but I TRY, darnit.

*is already a nervous wreck what with Xmas post delays and all*

10. I did this! Because Emma was my first doll, and I wasn't sure how the whole experience worked out, I made a Tumblr about my wait, and preparation. It gave me something to do, as well as a way to vent out how things were going.

I couldn't track my package, because the number Dollmore gave me wasn't working, so I was up in the air about it all. Had I had a number, I think I'd check it a couple times a day (but then again, putting the order together took almost 3 weeks, shipping took 4 days.

11. This thread has amused me to no end X3

I don't know exactly how 'creeper' my tracking is. I check about 4 times a day once I have the number. When I had to sign for the box, I think the mail lady was more anxious than I was- she took the slip before I could print XP I don't think it matters that much. I got my box ^_^ I was very anxious for a wig to arrive once... I think I just love mail in general, but yeah, the dolls themselves make me a bit of a post-stalker XD

12. Watch the language, folks, even if it is tongue-in-cheek.

13. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?

Pretty anxious!

When its a doll I get a little bit more anxious. Not by a lot tho. Just getting stuff in the mail that I have ordered is pretty exciting to me all together. When its doll related its even more exciting.

prolly just once an hour until I have to go to bed then once morning comes I am back on it.

probably

nope

people who are just excited about getting their stuff ^.^.

no its prolly more the opposite for me since I rarely get excited over things.

no because I am pretty new so I have not really gotten the chance to write about it.. I do think tho that I did mention somewhere about my doll Alaxander when no tracking number was sent to me and the status of my order didn't change on the site for a month and two weeks.

14. You know, ichigo-pan43 and I met up earlier today and we both have stuff on the way. We mentioned how we both refreshed the tracking page before she came to pick me up and before I headed out to wait for her... which then led to us wondering if other doll owners do the same thing (we already know that Embracing Sky and mhikaru do~ >D).

Needless to say, after finding this thread... we feel as if we've found newfound friends. XDXD

*brofist*

15. Hmm.... creeper, eh? I wouldn't consider myself a creeper -- at least not at first. I live only an hour north from Los Angeles where customs is. As soon as I get the "Delivery Confirmation" status I check the tracking. It always follows the same pattern...

Day 1: item has left country of origin
      Day 2: item has arrived at LA customs
      End of Day 2: Item has been proccessed through customs
      Early Day 3: Item has arrived at local postal facility
      Day 3: Item is out for delivery!

Stuff gets to me pretty fast, and EMS even delivers on Sundays! Who knew? Of course, the two hours between the time I get up and the time I have to leave for work has me pacing back and forth by the front door. The mailman always comes to my house just as I'm leaving or just after, and it's a recurring battle of whether I want to risk being late to work! So I guess I'm not really a creeper until the 11th hour!

16. -How anxious do you get for items you are waiting for in the mail?
      Not nearly as anxious as I used to, but I certainly do get impatient.

Not as dramatically as tenfold, but it certainly does.

I've never counted, but at least once or twice.

Once the doll's shipped, yup :sweat.

It seems pretty common here on DoA.

I don't think it's an issue.

I don't know if anyone's GENUINELY obsessive about it. I've never skipped work or anything else to track a parcel, for example. I don't see what the harm is.

I also do it a lot less now that I live in Canada. In Japan, parcels from Korea got to me lightning fast, so it was worth tracking them closely. Parcels now go into customs limbo for days, and the tracking doesn't go past the point where the parcel leaves Vancouver. Everything past that is guesswork. There's less reward for the behaviour, I suppose. :sweat

Yeah, on my LJ all the time. I've got plenty of "before shipping" and "on shipping"-induced rants on there, I'm sure. I'm a very impatient person and that's where I vent!

17. I check my tracking at least daily, but several times a day isn't uncommon. I go and look out the front door a day or two before I'm even expecting an arrival. I'm less antsy for clothes and things though. No friend to share such tendencies with though, heh.