1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Crobidoll Ys, Nia, Mikhail & M-Line Boy Body

Dec 2, 2008

1. So I rolled over and bought a Nia a few days ago, without waiting for someone to split with me XD; Hopefully I can use the body for my minimee head, if not, I'll probably re sell it later lol

2. Eek! Congratulations! lots of pictures once you get him please! I think Nia is possibly the more popular of the new boys so I'm sure they'll be alot of people waiting to get the firts non promo pictures. I know i'm one of them ^^

3. Nia is one of my favourite... And it will be my first doll (I'm waiting for him since 11 days now!) >< I hope I will not be disapointed!

4. Can I ask what does the make up default and make up order mean? @_@ I don't get it...

5. There are 2 face ups to choose from.
      First is default make --> Make up on doll's face will be similar to the sample image
      Second is face up order --> Customised face up
      If you do not require any make up done for your doll, you just choice neither and proceed with youe order.

Hope this helps. =)

6. After the long wait, I've just received my YS I splited with my friend (Dr.Seiji) ><
      I'd just want to place the blank head of YS, as references for people who is interested in this mold :)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc54/ray_doll/measurement/ys01.jpg
      http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc54/ray_doll/measurement/ys02.jpg
      http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc54/ray_doll/measurement/ys03.jpg
      http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc54/ray_doll/measurement/ys04.jpg
      (I always love how Crobi placed the plate under the headcap XD :aheartbea)

His chin is kinda long (?) as I expected @A@"

7. All of your links are broken. :...(

8. Oops XD Sorry. Link fixed :3

9. Thank you for posting that :3 <3
      I've been waiting for owner pics of Ys before I decide if I want him to go on my wishlist or not.

10. Nia is so cute >w< Crobidoll is quickly becoming one of my new favorites! (after DOD of course)

11. Well I couldn't take pics because of various evil circumstances (starting with the fact he didn't arrive to my place), but I received my Ys and saw him and I want to talk a bit about him.

I ordered the full doll with Type B face-up. Indeed, the face-up is excelent, he has the most gorgeous face I've seen on a male doll. The body is well-proportioned, gorgeous, poses really well. I went a bit crazy because his joints go out of place sometimes, but after moving them in all directions I realized that this is needed so that the doll can be in many positions. He stands and sits perfectly, so "soft" joints don't mean less poses. I am slightly stunned at the seams, though. Maybe it's only because I am not used to large dolls (I only had 2 MSDs), but I didn't expect those seams on his thighs, sides, etc. that look like scratches (but aren't). Maybe they can be removed by sanding?

I am not happy with the wig they sent. I asked them to please try and send me a dark hair colour and well I got platinum blond O_o. My request for dark eyes was also ignored, they are grey, but I won't complain because they are wonderful. The free necklace is also rather funny, with a bunny and a deck of trumps lol. The character I had in mind was a demon, and he totally looks like an angel.

The whole process since I ordered has taken 2 months, not too bad! I will include this info in the crobidoll feedback thread but I thought you guys who are thinking of buying one would like to know. I will post pics as soon I come back from my business journey, probably Monday (damn bad timing for a journey, yeah).

12. Hello!

Could anyone advise me if they know whether the M-line body is only available during 4 March to 31 March 09? Or does Crobidoll plan to sell these separately later?

If anyone does not want the M-line body that comes with their Ys or any other head please contact me I am interested to purchase just the body :D

Thank you~

13. They're probably going to stick with selling the M-line bodies, no point making a hot new body sculpt so limited

14. Ha ha this might be a weird question but how heavy are Crobidolls? :'D I want a Nia but I like the weight of DoTs...So...yeah, how does he feel to hold? XD Also, what's the posing like on the regular boy body? I see it's got double jointed elbows but not legs. Which...annoys the crap out of me. But whatever. Thanks~

15. My Nia weighs 4-5lbs. I don't know how heavy that is compared to other dolls because he's my only one. The posing is pretty good. The knees are annoying sometimes and he tends to topple when standing, but I don't find him infuriatingly hard to work with.

16. Hey guys, what's the difference between the M line and the R line? I'm thinking of getting a Crobidoll, but I'd like to know the difference first. And also, are the bigger ones hard to work with? Are they floppy or nice and sturdy when they arrive? Thankies.

17. Hello all~!
      I'm squeeing over the M-line Gillian (am I the only one?) and I'm thinking of getting him for my first BJD...
      It looks like the M-line body size is different from other dolls...do clothes from other companies fit this body? If so, which ones?
      I hope it wouldn't be too difficult to cloth the poor boy...

18. I agree with you! I'm also planning on purchasing the Gillian-B, and I hope to swap the body out with an SDGr eventually. The M-Line body's torso looks really long. Seems like not many people on the forum keep their Crobis on their original bodies... There's a lot of hybrids out there! I'd love to know some more practical things about their posability. Mostly I just want that Gillian head!

19. This may be an incredibly random question but have any of you crobidoll owners used MSC to coat your dolls? Usually I ask the stores if they use it or if it's safe to use but Crobidoll has informed me that they have never heard of it. They told me that they use a sealant though so I don't know if I should coat my new boy when he finally comes in the mail or not. Can anyone here tell me if it's safe to use MSC or ZM Finishing Powder Spray on a crobidoll or if it's immediately necessary? Also, while I'm on the subject, do the M Line/R Line wig caps have magnets or something else?

20. Bump for the question above.

Plus wanted to say after I buy some stuff for a different doll I'm planning on getting a Ys type B.
      Sooner or later... T.T