1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

crochet patterns/resources for tinies?

Jan 26, 2007

1. reggie, crochet.about.com is a fantastic resource with nice clear photos (due to fibro fog I keep forgetting how to do different stitches, even though I've been crocheting for years, so I use that to remind myself). I've also learnt that when making something tubular and crocheting rounds, you slipstitch the last row in each round to the first of that round, and then chain however many you need eg. 1 chain for single crochet before doing the first stitch of the next round. I'm sure about.crochet.com will have a tutorial for shaping though :)

Liz

2. Here's a quick little hat pattern I made up that will fit the dolls with a 6-7" head. I have a couple more if anyone is interested.

Cloche hat for 6-7" head

Size 10 crochet thread
      Size 4 steel crochet hook

Row 1: ch 5, join, ch 2, work 10 hdc in ring, join with sl st to top of ch 2, ch 2, slip a thread marker around
      the hook
      Row 2: 2 hdc in ea st around (20 sts), join as before, ch2, move marker up
      Row 3: * hdc in first st, 2 hdc in next st*, repeat from * to * around (30 sts) join as before, ch 2, move
      marker up
      Row 4: *hdc in first 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st*, repeat from * to * around (40 sts) join as before, ch 2, move
      marker up
      Row 5: hdc in first 3 sts, 2 hdc in next st * , repeat from * to * around (50 sts) join as before,ch 2, move
      marker up
      Row 6: * hdc in first 4 sts, 2 hdc in next st*, repeat from * to * aroud (60 sts) join as before, ch 2, move
      marker up
      Rows 7-13: work even, moving marker up at beginning of each round . At end of row 13, do not ch 2
      Row 14: skip 1 st,* 6 dc in next st, sk 1 st, sc in next st*, repeat from * to * around, end sl st in first
      sl st . End off, work in thread ends

3. Sealpup, redcountess and sweetimom - thanks so much. You guys are wonderful and quick to respond too. I'll have another go some time and be sure to check in on the crochet link.

4. I have several books for Kelly clothes, which will fit Lilica, you need to add length for So Orient dolls though, I do have some crochet outfits for the bjd's but nothing written up yet, I do have a knit pocket fairy book out soon.

Hugs
      www.magmini.com is the web site, click on patterns.

5. I thought you might like to see the wig I crocheted for my Pocket Fairy Poppy. I'll be glad to share the pattern if anyone is interested.
      [​IMG]

6. That's cute! What kind of thread did you use?? Was it hard to work with??

~Sealpup

7. I used Paton's Cha-Cha yarn and an F hook. Initially it was a bit awkward, but once I got going, it was ok..I just had to keep pushing the fuzzy bits to the back of the work so the rightside was smooth, and all the fuzzy part was on the wrong side. It only took about a half hour to make up.

8. [​IMG]

My lati white arrives this week, how tiny are you crocheting for? And what size thread do you use? I am working on some patterns for #20 & #30 thread, this one was worked quickly in #10.

This is a Naripon.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

9. Thank you for the tip ~ I'll have to try that! If you make anymore cute things, please share pics with us!

10. Hi Mary Lee. Naripons and some of the other tinies have such tiny heads, I can't find wigs for them and end up making little crocheted hats for them anyway. The tiniest head I have is my Secret Doll Baby Fairy. She looks cutiest in nothing but a little crocheted hat. I'd like to try it in the fuzzy or eyelash thread.

[​IMG]

11. Here is a little dress I crocheted for my Pocket Fairy a couple weeks ago.

[​IMG]

12. Oh, that's adorable! I really need to get busy and make some things for my tinies. They get so neglected.

~Sealpup

13. That's so sweet! I'd love to try it!

14. Your little knit dress is so sweet. I love the eyelets, I normally make a band of them (row of them) and insert a ribbon or lace. Looks really cute throughout the whole skirt.

I have written many knitting and crochet books for other dolls, not for these tinies. I do have enough patterns for a pocket fairy knit book - only made a few things crochet for her - all I can think of is a Snow White dress. Will try to dig up a photo.

15. Wow Labrat, your crocheting is lovely!! What size thread did you use?

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

16. Here is the pattern for the crocheted wig I made for my pocket fairy:

Paton’s Cha-Cha yarn
      size F crochet hook

Round 1: ch 4, join to make a ring. 8 sc in ring (pushing the fuzzy bits on the yarn away
      from you) Join to first sc.
      Round 2: ch1, mark stitch and make 2 sc in ea st around. Join to first sc. (16 sts)
      Round 3: ch 1, mark st and do 1 sc in same sp as joining, *1 sc in next st*, 2 sc in next
      st* repeat from * to* around, join. (24 sts)
      Round 4-10: work even on 24 sc, continue pushing fuzzy bits on yarn away from you as
      you work.
      You may need to do less or more rows depending on how it fits.
      End off and run in thread ends. Turn inside out so the fuzzy bits are on the outside.

17. [​IMG]

Crocheted dress for Pocket Fairy

size 20 crochet thread (I used Cebelia)
      size 10 steel hook
      Note:
      V st=dc, ch 2 dc in same st.
      shell= 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in same space

Row 1: ch 23, sc in ea st across DO NOT ch 1 at end of rows to turn)
      Row 2: 2 sc in ea st across (44 sc)
      Row 3: sc in ea st across
      Row 4: sc in first 7 sc, ch 4, skip 8 sts, sc in 14 st, ch 4, skip 8 sts, sc in last 7 sts
      Row 5: sc in ea sc and ea ch across (36 sc)
      Row 6-7: sc in ea st across. at end of row 7, ch 4 and turn
      Row 8: (beading row for waist) sk first st, dc in next st,* ch 1, sk1 st, dc in next st*
      repeat from * to * across (18 dc, 1 ch 4 post)

Skirt:
      Row 9: ch4, V st of (dc, ch2 dc) in next dc post and in each post across, end dc in last
      post .
      Row 10: ch 3, shell of 2 dc, ch2, 2dc in ch 2 sp of first V st, *V st in next v st, shell in
      next ch 2 sp*, repeat from * to * across, ending dc in last dc post, ch 2 and join
      to first ch 3 of row with a sl st.
      Now working in rounds without turning:
      Round 11-15: sl st to first ch 2 sp, ch 3 dc, ch 2 2 dc in first sp, then shell in each ch 2 sp
      around. End off and run in thread ends.

Shoulder ruffles: With rt side facing you, attach thread to last underarm st of bodice,
      shell in next st, sk 2 sts, shell in next st until you have 4 shells, sl st in first underarm st and end off . End off and run in thread ends.

Finishing: attach thread at beading row with a sl st and do 2 sc in beading row, sc in ea
      st up back to 2nd row of bodice, ch 5, sc in first st of neckline and slip st across
      neck, and sc in ea st back down to beading row, 2 sc in beading row, sl st in
      next st and end off. run in thread ends.
      Run silk ribbon through beading row and tie in a bow in the back.
      Sew a tiny button opposite the thread look at the neck to fasten top.

18. I can't take credit for the beautiful little knitted dress. My friend, Vicki, made that for my Baby Fairy, Mies. I can knit, but not very well. I couldn't make something that nice. My forte is crochet.

Mary Lee, I've seen some of your beautiful knit and crochet books ~ you're one of those people I envy so much who can do it all!!

19. Thank you, SweetieMom, for the crochet patterns! I will print them out and work them up.

~Sealpup

20. My first book for Lati Yellow dolls is out if anyone is interested in darling knits. I love hand made knit clothes!

[​IMG]

If anyone is interested, we can do a knit a long.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee