1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

crochet patterns/resources for tinies?

Jan 26, 2007

1. I am painfully figuring out how to crochet. i just need something small (and easy) so i'm not just making rows or practice things. I know i'm the opposit of many and i find knitting just so much easier, but i'm willing to keep trying.

2. This probably should have been posted at the knitting thread. I don't know how to knit.

This thread is for crochet patterns - do you have any crochet pattern books? I need crochet patterns for boys, specifically.

3. You might want to try something like a hat where you crochet in a circle.

I only know how to crochet. I took a series of classes at a yarn/cross-stitch shop, which really helped me a lot. I was never able to get to the knit classes, then the store closed - the owner retired and went back to England.

4. I do have crochet patterns, but nothing in print yet.

Crocheting has much more versitility - and you can do so much more.

Mary-Lee

5. [​IMG]

Here is one of my little crochet patterns.

Mary-Lee

6. Such cute knitted and crocheted clothes for the tinies - they are my favorite BJD - all this information is so helpful.

7. I have several crochet Kelly books published. Most fit tiny ball jointed dolls, but not all. They have to be adjusted slightly for other dolls. Or give me a few weeks to put another book into print!!

Here is the first crochet book. Ridem' cowboy! I love this book. And the Princess one too. All crochet.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am working on patterns for smaller dolls like Naripon, but there are only so many hours in a day.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

8. *sigh* I have got to learn to crochet (and knit).

9. [​IMG]

Yes, you do!! This is the 2nd last little one who came to live here. She is a lati white - a little smaller than 4" tall - just tiny.

I call this outfit Little Bear.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

10. Eeeeee! That is so cute! I love teddy bears! :) That's it, I have to bite the bullet and do it.

11. Wow I just went to your website Mary-lee! I want to get some pattern books for sure! Does nayone know if Ellery Kish is compatable with any BJDs? I know Riley fits Lucy or is it Hana? Doesn't really matter as I have both.

12. Stella, Riley clothes fit Hana (a little big on her but okay), and the Pixiez Lily is supposed to fit Riley clothes, Lucy fits into Ellery size if you can find a style that isn't too babyish. Here is one of Lucy in an Ellery dress by Kathy W.
      [​IMG]

13. I haven't made anything for Hana yet, she certainly has made a fuss about that too. Have to keep her in her drawer alone so she doesn't lead a mutany with the other little ones - I will get to her soon!!! She looks to be about the same size at Riley - but I am sure there are sutle differences.

I have a knit-crochet support group on egroups, everyone is welcome to join, there are several patterns in the files, most are for Kelly, a small 4.5" doll I started creating for some 9 years ago. There are links to video clips to help you learn to knit or crochet. Or if you want to make something simple here, that is fine with me. I have some free patterns in the files sections to get you started. This year at the Kelly Konvention we made a bikini!! Crocheted - not knit, this was the first year I didn't teach knitting.

What do you guys think??

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

14. What size doll do you have? When I think tiny, I think of a 4" doll, but have learned tiny refers to anything under 12", which is HUGE for me!!

Boys things, I do have some. Have made costumes, Batman, Superman, etc. and Cowboy hats, Jester hats, etc. Hats are very easy to make. Most of my dolls are girls, only 1 boy in the lot, an AGA fairy Cookie! He is about 14 cm.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

15. Your Lucy is adorable! Who makes her??

~Sealpup

16. Wow, my Lucy doesn't look like that!! I need to make her some new clothes.

Thanks for sharing that. Lucy is by Notdoll.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

17. Thanks so much. I love to play (shh, don't tell anyone)

And I love the tinies, mostly because you can make something in no time at all, most of my patterns take less than an hour from start to finish. I have a short attention span.

Hugs
      Mary-Lee

18. I was on a crocheting kick this weekend and made 2 quick little outfits for my girlies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Yes, you stop increasing once the hat is the same circumference as your doll's head. Then continue on those stiitches until you get the desired length or depth of the hat.

Hugs
      Mary-lee