1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Crocs for Dolls. Is there anything worse?

Apr 12, 2019

1. Haha maybe this is just me, but I can wear Crocs all summer long (sometimes with socks!) And love them and possibly even put them on my dolls, and still think they're the worst :lol: I don't think any insult was meant to lovers of Crocs or any doll-attire! (And certainly not to the Hawaiian shirt, which is my husband's absolute favorite garment...) Crocs are totally comfortable and practical but it IS funny (to me, at least) to think about dolls that are so often used as fashion plates and/or art pieces wearing foam sandals.

2. One of my boys is a total dork and wears tall socks with loafers and shorts and a fanny pack. My rocker boy is embarrassed to be seen with him. Stephan is very confident and does not care. :XD:

3. I actually own 1/4 scale crocs for one of my dolls. It was probably eight or nine years ago when I got them. I have genuinely not a clue how/where I acquired them, but I think they were those key chain ones.

4. 'Not a fan of crocs, here... but you'll have to pry my Birks off of my cold, dead feet. You can't have Seimei's miniature, Hound-sized ones either.

You also can't have my ridiculous Hawaiian shirt. It may be the tackiest thing in the entire history of tacky things, with its grinning tiki-dudes and little coconuts with colorful umbrellas... But I sort of love it for that. When it comes to loud shirts, tackiness is a feature not a bug. :lol:

5. I’d love a pair of Birks for one of my msd guys! Searching has turned up nothing. I might have to make my own.

How about visors? Nice plastic visors in bright colors. I can remember my mother’s terry cloth (similar to a towel’s texture) ones. They go well with Hawaiian shirts, right?

6. On topic of crocs—a few years ago I bought a pair for 18” dolls (American girl/Our Generation type), and they fit my 70cm Dollzone Yuu almost perfectly. If you want a pair for your big dolls, maybe look for some of those?

7. Well, I know I am in the very small minority in the whole wide world, but I deeply dislike (loathe) any kind of open-toed shoes. Be it sandals, strappy heels, peep-toes, anything that lets me see anyone's toes or feet (including my own), I hate it. I feel that it's mostly due to my overwhelming dislike of human feet. I don't mind rendering them, or seeing illustrations of them, or on sculptures, dolls or other art pieces in general, that have feet. However, real-life-human feet are incredibly gross to me. I have never worn sandals out of my own free will, and I never will. Opened toed shoes of any kind for any of my dolls would be worse than Crocs. Having said that, I would never put Crocs on any of my dolls either (or opened toed shoes of any sort if I could help it, and for the most part I can!). I do own a few fashion dolls that come with them and they stay if they are kept in their boxes. I also happen to love Sasuke and Itachi Uchiha, so I'm a bit stuck with having a few figures that have sandals sculpted onto their feet (absurdly so, a ninja with the noisiest shoes in the world, besides high-heels... yeah, that makes sense?). DX

8. I
      adore
      Crocs
      with
      all
      my
      heart

I mean it! I wear them myself, it's really comfortable while being really easy to wear and to take off, I think it looks very cute with the lazy-style, and if I could, I would totally get one for my doll! (Even though I don't have one YET)

9. I wonder if off topic doll shoes could be modded to fit BJD's, so we COULD have realistic miniature crocs for dolls. Because I would absolutely do that just to see the looks of confusion on people's faces when they see a beautiful elegant kimono flower princess... with crocs.

10. Clothes/accessories aren't really 'off topic' here. My YoSD wears some barbie clothes and my MSD wears some fashion doll clothes I bought off Amazon called Glitter Girlz. Even the Glitter Girlz shoes fit my MSD. And I know plenty of people who have bought porcelain dolls just for their clothes to be worn by their bjd. So if you find crocs that fit bjd, I'm sure we'd all love to know where you got them. >u<

11. There is no way I'd be caught outside of my home with crocs on my feet but I've been considering to use them as indoor footwear. I can't get over my reluctance to ever get those in the house though. It's not that I absolutely resent how they look or anything. It's just that some of the most nasty people I've met in my life just loved rocking that look. It's a sad turn of events. Same reason why fanny packs are a no-no together with busy printed shirts with an open (Hawaiian) shirt over it.

Now that I think about it, the fleece-lined crocs might just be super comfy in wintertime at home. Argh...don't tempt me. (Did you know that they're actually unhealthy for your feet apparently?)I don't think my dolls would wear them but who knows one of my characters might take a liking to them one day.

I have seen baby onesies on everything but SD size so far but I know several people who dress their YOSD and MSD in them together with a pacifier and the whole shabang. I think it looks pretty cute because they chose sculpts that can pull of the 'adorable baby' look. A onesie on a muscled SD guy is yet something I need to see .__. a sight for sore eyes I'm sure. I don't think I'd even mind. It'd give me a good chuckle.

Anything can work if executed in the right way. ;)

12. :ablah::barf

That one is bad but here's my offering. SD or MSD sized black and studded trench, cargo shorts, graphic T shirt, fingerless leather gloves and *drum roll* a Trilby! Full Dolly neck beard!

13. Can I get that coat in mature tiny size? Plus the shirts and shorts. I can't see any of my dolls in Crocs (having never worn them), but a few of them would wear Hawaiian shirts.

Has anybody ever seen an adult doll with what is clearly a child hair styled wig?

[​IMG]20171101_140422 by

14. That does look really odd. Maybe a wet toothbrush could tame that poof but that really does kinda look like someone combined bedhead with a lot of hairspray.

15. The funny thing is the same wig in black looks good on him. Like rock star hair, but it works. That one just looks ridiculous.

16. MAGA hats :barf

17. is this about crocs or is it about awful outfit ideas? cus if it is hohhh boy
      A thicc winter ski jacket with above knee shorts

18. I used to wear crocs in high school with a group of friends. We bought matching crocs and Hollister tie dye long sleeves. It became our “thing” so crocs have a special place in my heart. Actually, I wouldn’t mind making a mini me high school outfit for my bjd! Although, one article of clothing I loathe and would not even put on my doll are toe shoes. You know, the ones that look like gloves for your feet? If anyone makes those for bjds, why oh why?

19. speaking of toe shoes, there also also socks with sockets individually for each toe lmao, like a foot glove

20. That's actually a great idea, i think crocs for dolls are adorable