1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

*curious* Do you send free gifts?

Sep 22, 2009

1. Generally I do if the sale is more than $10. Lately I have sent a pair of matching panties with every outfit.

2. I bought 3 pairs of panties from VV. She added a matching bra for one of the panties. It came as a surprise. :)

3. When ever we (my friend and I) sell anything from Le Petite we send little extra goodies with each parcel. I think it makes the item more special. Also when I sold i doll i game some clothes and eyes n' stuffs.

4. I'd really like to but usually I'm packing so hectically that I simply forget to even include a note. I generally can't pack till the last minute as one of my cats has a cardboard fetish & he'll try to shred the box if it's sitting there.

5. I couldn't find the receive free gifts thread. i got a lot of cool little surprises with my new Elfdoll!

6. I've only sold once but since I didn't have anything extra to send I just sent a note ^^; But if I had extra stuff when I was selling I'd likely include something extra if it was a positive transaction. If negative they wouldn't get jack LOL.

7. I haven't selled anything yet.. As I have nothing to really sell. Lol. But if I every sell anything. I think it would be nice to include a little extra something. Just seems like something I would do. *Likes to give people free stuff.* o uo)b

8. Most of the time I try and send out a little note and a few bits of candy usually that i pick up special from the asian markets here. Some times I end up packing so fast I forget to put them in. But usually... yes

Because when ever I get something small even if its just a few paper stars it always makes me smile!

9. I do send little extra gifts, if someone purchases something expensive from me. For example I usually send free eyes with a head or undies, eyes and maybe a wig with a doll. Just some little things that would probably make a new owner happy. :)

10. It really depends on what the person purchased and what I have on hand... I've sent out gifts in the past, especially when the buyer is new to the hobby and doesn't have a lot of stuff yet. One time someone purchased a body from me and mentioned that it would be their first doll, so I included a tank top and skirt with some little hair clips, so their doll wouldn't be naked. ;)

I also like to send some clothing with a doll body if I have something basic that fits, or eyes with a head if I have a spare pair in the right size. But sometimes I just don't really have anything that will work for the body/head, or I'm trying to get the item shipped out quickly, or I just plain forget. :|

I do try to remember to send a little thank-you note on cute stationery, though. ^_^ It's a small gesture, but a nice one. (And it's a way to use up the cute note pads I seem to keep picking up... :lol:)

11. I try to, but am not always able to do so, it is just something I do

12. I always include a free bookmark with what I send, but depending on how prompt, friendly and all around pleasant to deal with the person I'm sending to has been, that is when I'll send something a little extra on top of that.

Personally I don't think every person I deal with deserves an extra free gift, I prefer to put them in for people I really enjoy doing commissions for/communicating with. You could say that's mean, but it's my choice as the sender, I suppose. :)

13. I try to include a little something extra with everything I sell/send people... Usually just little dolly sized accessories and fun little trinkets. I know I always like getting little free gifts when I buy something so I try to do the same for others. :)

14. I haven't 'opened up shop' yet (I want to have more hats pre-made before I start), but I've already bought teeny-tiny notecards to write a 'thank you for buying' note for anyone I sell to, as well as some other little things I have to slip into packages. Candy, too (because if anyone didn't like candy, they would know someone who did).

And I took advantage of early Hallowe'en sales so that I could have some special seasonal omake for the hallowe'en exchange.

=^__^=
      Anneko

15. I like to add things to my packages to make them stand out from other ones. Sometimes I'll include free gifts (especially if the item is more expensive, or, if the buyer and I had a particularily hard time, for whatever reason, regardless of which person the hard time was being had by) but more often than not, I'll just, say, doodle on the package. Or wrap doll parts in something special- for my Euclase parts, I tried whenever possible to send the pieces wrapped in scraps and tatters of fabric. From his costume that I made. You know? One part of me and my doll to you and yours. I always hope that the doll parts are kept and integrated into the buyer's family. :3

It's like my good luck charm to speed up the process! 8D

16. When I sold a pair of chemises to Lishelove, I sent along a belt, a couple of bead necklaces, and some dolly bobbypins I had found.

17. I like to send small doll size pins or fans if I have them. I am running out of them thought so I need to find more.

18. I usually try to send notes with cute stationary, but the last few have not (im sorry!!)

but i have sent candies, erasers, and whatnot with things. With dolls i have sent some clothing as well.

19. I got a free box full of Alice Cherry Blossom Qee's from Elfdoll, and recently I have added those to my packages. Only have one left though.

20. I try to send little Thank You gifts when I send something off. I just think it's nice and polite, especially if you know that they could use it more than you could. Besides, it's always nice to hear back from a person when they received something from you and they are all happy :D
      <3