1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Curious, how many impulse dolls?

May 28, 2017

1. I think most of my dolls have been impulse buys except for two or three. But I've been really happy with all of them so it doesn't really bother me. I'm just really thankful for layaway! :XD:

2. My only doll was an impulse buy. I had never seen her before when I found her being sold secondhand. She didn't fit any of my characters I had planned to shell, but she was so perfect for me, her face, her wings, colors, everything. :) I'm just happy I had the cash for her when I decided to look at secondhand bjds for sale.

3. So far, I only have one impulse doll - but, I imagine more will follow, once I have impulse money again.

4. I thought I never do an impulse buy, but I just saw Laney from Doll Chateau and one of her body option was the margarita body so I not lamented too much, and start a layaway on her. I really not plan to buy any doll in the near future, so from me that was an impulse buy. I am not an impulsive person. I must say I just surprised myself... That must be love at first sight or what...:mwahaha

5. If I am honest, all of my collection is basically one big impulse buy. None of my dolls have really been planned.

My vampire dolls are perhaps the dolls chosen more scrupulously because I like certain aesthetic qualities of vampire sculpts that have an open mouth, but those are few and far between. ;)

6. I don´t impulse buy pretty much anything. I really need to just have the time to think, dream and ruminate about a purchase before I commit to it. I like to take years (literally) to decide, but once I made my decision I want my item fast, and NOW. This fortunately means that - me being a naturally money-saving person - I pretty much always have the funds available to purchase the object of my desires.

Have I missed out on things because I took my sweet time? Yes, definitely. I usually tell myself that if it had really wanted to be mine it would have waited for me. Or that we may find each other some other way.

You may wonder if I have ever purchased limited dolls then. Yes, I actually have - it is stressful and I don´t like it. I take until near the end of the sale period and I usually ask those I trust about my decision - even if they always enable me anyway :sweat I have also made an unplanned purchase at a BJD convention before - but that was for a body that I was already planning to get and getting lucky that someone happened to be selling one.

7. I have about four impulse dolls now,I kind of hate that I do it but I love them so very much. One I bought outright because it was my grail.

8. All of my dolls end up as impulse purchases haha. I normally fall in love with a faceup or sculpt or something pretty quick and can’t help myself haha

9. Usually ones I find on ebay are impulses since legit ones don't seem to hang around for long before they're swiped! Hahaha bit of a adrenaline rush thats for sure.

10. I only have one impulse bought doll, I think. It helps that I don't really have that much money. If I did i'd definitely have more impulse dolls.

11. I like premeditating on my doll purchases, often for months. Most of my impulse buys were due to lotteries or special sales events. I'd say about 4 dolls in my collection were spur of the moment.

12. Just bought my second impulse doll.
      Both have been layaways, both have been animal tinies.
      #noragrets

13. only ever really did one impulse doll-- I bought an Impldoll Azalea, when she was first released as a limited doll, like...the day after she showed up for sale on Impldoll's site. I had no clear idea who I wanted her to be or how she fit with the rest of my (very planned) collection, and it backfired quite a bit. When she finally arrived, I didn't like her nearly as much in person, none of the ideas I'd concocted to style her with while I was waiting would stick, and I tried so many different experiments (modding, dyeing, spray-painting) in an effort to make her work that after a while she was too much of a mess for me to even bother trying to sell. I left her in a box in pieces for a couple of years, and just in the last few months I think I may have finally come up with a concept that will work for her...I may take her out again and tinker with her a bit this year.

I generally do better planning out my whole collection ahead of time and then slowly acquiring all the planned components and building the specific cohesive collection I've designed. Every doll I've gotten that way has worked out just how I wanted them to and they're all still with me...whereas Impulse Girl has just been a 5 year headache and/or dust collector.

14. 8 impulse, 16 planned, 1 was a free gift!

15. As a student I can't. I don't have a monthly income so not budgeting would kill me. Especially because I provide for myself xD

16. My 2 dolls (one still on layaway, should arrive next month, eeep!) are both impulse buys... I love my Lumina (Feeple60 Scarlett), and my Nitori with Black Cherry head, I'm kicking myself as one is SD and the other is MSD, and I didn't want to mix sizes! Admmitedly I love them both but yeah more clothes props etc for 2 sizes :/

17. I'm usually very short on money, so I can't make impulse purchases. But that's probably a good thing anyways, cause then I'd have a loooot of impulse dolls, even more than I could handle :XD:
      That also means if I actually do get to buy a doll, it'll be someone I've wanted and saved up for for a long time, which makes it a little extra special to me <3

18. Until now... only1. Oh, and i'm happy with him. It's a good purchase decision for me. I might do it again in the future.

19. This. :lol: The time between me discovered what BJDs were and buying the one that made me fall in love with them was really short. One came up on the second hand market and she had a gorgeous face up, body blushing, a wig and an outfit already, and it was just like - MINE. Normally when I see a sculpt I know really fast if I like it, then I look to see if I can buy it. Mostly if I don't buy it it's because I missed the preorder or they're sold out and I need to wait. I just trust my gut - if I like it but don't get that "must have" feeling, I don't buy.

The most impulsey impulse buy was my Hamstar from Dear Mine Doll. I went past the table at a doll con and recognised some of the sculpts I'd seen online, including the axolotl which I eventually bought after a little deliberation. Then when they asked if I wanted anything else it was, "Um, and this hamster". No regrets, he's so cute.

20. That is true. This is pretty much how I feel about my own collection, and the reason why I consider my dollies pretty much one big impulse buy. I like my dolls, I love them, and they make me happy, but I really don't need them. Still, I regret nothing. :XD: