1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Curious, how many impulse dolls?

May 28, 2017

1. I really wish I could NOT impulse buy. x'D But unfortunately, I do A LOT of it. I envy those who can resist the temptations & stick to their original plans. What stinks for me, is that my tastes change sooo much and so quickly, so a lot of my impulse buys usually get resold. ;_;

2. I've never bought a doll on impulse before, I always look and think long and hard before I decide on buying a sculpt. However, that one impulse buy may definitely happen someday! :v

3. Well, I can add two more impulse buys to my list!:doh In my defense, these were characters I was wanting to add “some day”. (And man, budget-wise I did NOT want to have any layaways this year at all!) But there they were...the perfect dolls, and big horking expensive SDs on top of it all as well!:x But what’s a gal to do? Plead with FF&D to let me have 2 layaways, that’s what!!! One is a Doll Chateau Gladys on the mechanical body to be my Chobit’s persocom OC, the other is a Luts Ju Hee in limited lavender skin to be my female wrestling character. I’m usually so good...but oh my aching budget!:chomp:

4. One. It may have just been love at first sight, however. I love unicorn dolls and only had my Luts KDF Bory Moonlit Sing. But then I saw Illusion Garden's Unicorn Yuli and fell in love. By chance, the same day there was one listed on the MP here. I bought it on sight, but I probably shouldn't have as it was expensive and not planned. No regrets, however. He is gorgeous! Even if my budget is probably done for the year now.

5. Well, I've managed to buy four dolls this month. One is a small creature doll I won't get until 2021 but three are second hand human dolls that should get here in the next couple of weeks. I feel like they weren't quite as impulse-y as my initial dolls because none of them came out of nowhere - I'd already been wanting them for a while. For one I was waiting for a nice face up. For the second, she rarely appears on the market, so I decided to go for it. For the third, I fell in love with her face sculpt ages ago, and had begun obsessively checking the secondary market. I'm actually proud that I didn't jump on the first one I saw, as waiting got me what I wanted (blank doll at pretty much her original price).

Still ... I'm hoping my favourite artists don't come out with more sculpts I like this year. There is another small creature doll I will get next week if it's available (it's going to a doll show, so it depends if there are any left), and there's one preorder I missed that I might pick up once the dolls are shipped. But otherwise ... I need to stop.

6. if i had enough money I know i would definitely impulse buy dolls lol , but thankfully I have to really think about that doll I want before buying. Id probably only impulse buy if the doll was limited or I feel like it would sell out soon.

7. I have one that I bought second hand and I really wish I had done more research, he just sits in a box all day :( I need to do something about him soon.

8. Both of my resin dolls were impulse buys. After the fact I didn’t regret it.

9. Pretty much all of them :lol:

10. I think 3 for 3 :sweat
      Two of the heads I consider impulse buys as I don't remember considering the sculpts until I saw them for sale second hand. The bodies were bought intentionally to match however the Migidoll body feels like an impulse buy because Migidoll had a discount sale at the time. I even wrote on my instagram that I was gonna get him a Popodoll body! :lol:
      The YoSD was also bought because She was cute and discount (and so I could get a bonus Rabbit:frownyblush:).
      My decisions in this hobby always seem dumb when I look back on them LOL

11. It's very hard not to impulse buy, especially if you have the money. Some dolls are limited and pre-order is given with short notice. Yes I have impulse bought many times. I don't have any regrets because I sell dolls often and sometimes it's really helpful to be able to see them and handle them.

12. Almost all of my dolls have been impulse-buys. (Upwards of 50 now, I think?) :lol:

13. I have only impulse bought one and I'm not sure if he counts. The sculpt had been discontinued a few months before I found out about it as he was a limited. Suddenly, two of him, fullset, came up for sale and I bought one instantly. I'd only known about him for a few days, but the last time I slept on a doll like him, I ended up waiting almost six years before seeing another. Wasn't going to let that happen again.

14. I have a hard love for SDCs, so if one pops up at a good price, somehow it ends up coming home to me. I currently have three impulse dolls, all SDC girls. One was a grail, though, but I had no plan to purchase her anytime soon. It just sorta happened. The others just wiggled into my heart....after a payday.

15. I have many impulse dolls, especially from the second hand market. Some of them I regretted buying. :...(

16. I bought a few this year.
      An Elf Chiwoo head, I had a WTB up for him, but only because I ended up with a body and that was the head that looked the best from my collection... but the colors were very off so I got an NS one.

The Mad Rabbit from Miracle doll (but I have always had a thing for bunny dolls, I have several)

Dollzone Tiny Carter - bought a few weeks ago from the MP. I've wanted one since they were released (I love Carters!) but never bought one, and one never surfaced for sale that was WS when I was in the place to buy - until now! Someday he'll get to me. Current mail being what it is he's taking forever!!

17. All my dolls are impulse buys I started with miku but then started buying more and more and now I have so many Dollfies and I’m still buying more I’m trying to find all the sailor scouts lol

18. I haven't managed to impulse buy a doll yet (both on topic and off topic dolls) but I have been dangerously close to doing it several times lol

19. I have a small handful of "impulse" dolls, picked up just because I liked the sculpt and figured I could work them into the collection character-wise later. Most of them still do get a little thought into how I might do that, though. :) The vast majority of my collection is pretty well planned out, with existing characters they're shelling, but there's something fun too about just seeing a sculpt, going for it, and working out who they are when they arrive!

20. Most of my dolls are list based impulse buys? I don't look sometimes when I buy someone I've been pining for. Being if I wanted them, I found them, I looked everywhere else once more because. Because. Then I smash the bid, add to cart, buy button hard!
      I can also say that there have been some dolls that aren't on the list that I bought anyway! haha! The only thing that stops me is unemployment.