1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Curious, how many impulse dolls?

May 28, 2017

1. Lol, yes Rosenlied! I, too, impulsively bought from them, in light of the impending closure. Alcohol may have been involved:mwahaha The doll in question isn't here yet, though. Since I could only order white skin, I'm gonna make into Snow White. I'm sure I'll like her just fine. Still kinda screwed up my doll plans for the year:sweat
      It's only one impulse doll out of five, though, I'll try not to make it a habit.

2. Lol, none. I can't afford that. Took me two months to save up $100 to buy a few accessories from Luts. I'm super grateful they let the shipping costs into the coupon availability, or I wouldn't have been able to use that $5 Summer Sale coupon.

3. Only three and I got them all second hand.

The first two (SDF Howl from Luts and EID Jessica from Iplehouse) I got from a local seller. Both of them were "firsts" for me and let me explore a new size. Howl is still the only guy I own.

Then I recently impulse bought a Volks Lieselottes despite saying WS dolls aren't for me. (And not preordering her this spring because of her skin tone.) But I think I much prefer mellowed WS :).
      Originally I was just on the hunt for her red gingham Btssb lolita dress but I unexpectedly found the whole doll. Well she's depleted my dolls funds for July ;) but I already have a lot of ideas/concepts for photoshoots. So I don't regret anything.

4. I tend to impulse buy on the DoA marketplace. I love a deal!

5. There's definitely some I've done...but I mostly seem to impulse buy clothes for them instead. I get the idea of 'oh that would look great on this doll!' and then it goes into the cart :lol:

6. i just bought a doll leaves lan which i consider a semi impulse buy, i've actually liked the sculpt for a long time but would never considering getting her because of doll leaves insane waiting times so when i saw her in stock at denver doll i snapped her up immediately

7. I just really got snagged good!:doh I swear I thought I was completely done with my collection but suddenly Gem of Doll released the perfect embodiment of a character I’d completely given up on shelling because nothing ever seemed completely right or the stars never perfectly aligned. But suddenly there he was in the News section here on DoA…the summer limited Hades, the most perfect over-the-top fem-boy dryad ever! What else could I do but contact Ball Jointed Divas for a layaway immediately?;)

So over my many years in this hobby, that makes a total of 6 impulse buys out of of 46 dolls, which is pretty good overall. And even those impulse buys were actually for pre existing characters…it was just the unfortunate timing of them that was impulse.:sweat But the fact that all 6 happened in the past 3 years is troubling nonetheless.

#247 PoeticSoul, Jul 23, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    8. I impulse pre ordered my first doll the other day and I had to sit for several hours trying to get over the guilt. I'm really excited to get her now that I've gotten over the anxiety

9. Oooh! Did you got shipping notice yet? I saw in they website the dolls would be shipped by the end of july... but maybe the truth was lost in translation. Im so excited for my order as well

10. I had 3 maybe 4 impulse doll purchase. My MB Ryuzo, MB Hwayeon, Dollzone Miyou, ASAI Azazel, Soom Zak. Ok that was more than 4. But I got mad lucky getting those MB sculpts.

11. I have three “impulse” dolls. My msd that got me back into the hobby was the first, stimulus checks definitely made the impulse more comfortable to bear. I went allll out on him.

I purchased a Delf Yder mod because I felt like I needed him. I felt like if I didn’t buy him, his mods would have gotten more extreme by the next person. I think everyone should mod what they own if they want to, but I just have a tender spot for delfs.

My last impulse was a tan Pukifee Rin, I learned that Pukifee’s we’re getting “temporarily discontinued” and I had really been wanting one, so I just ordered her off DDE.

All my other dolls were definitely purchased slightly impulsively, but these were the ones that I hadn’t planned that I wanted.

12. My only true impulse doll is my Shiwoo Vamp boy. I had carefully planned my future doll collection at that point with a chronological list, and a Shiwoo wasn't a part of it. But the moment I saw him for sale in the marketplace, that was it - I just knew I had to bring him home, so I pounced without any other consideration.

13. My most recent impulse doll saved my project doll. I knew nothing about her when I got her but the fact that she looked perfect in the pastel goth wardrobe I had for an older character. And then she told me she had that doll’s backstory, kind of. And then she told me her name was going to be Cole.

After a few weeks of bashing my head against who she was supposed to be, I woke up, wrote like 10k over 2 days, and started working on my projects again. Faith in impulse dolls (unfortunately) restored

[​IMG]Cole by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

14. ...All but one. Though it wasn't all like "oh god hit the buy button right now" impulses, I usually waffled for a day or two. My Impldoll Avery I picked out and planned months before I bought him, the Wol I fell for not long after when Seed.Arts was prepping for a head sale and decided to go for it with only like, a week or two to decide on that, and then Tian Ni and the new Black Cherry Zeri were "Ohhh pretty doll. Do want. Wait. Don't do this immediately." But I got both anyways after a couple days so nothing really changed because of that!

15. In my current crew, I think 7 are "impulse" dolls (If i remember well). Most of the time I thought a little before buying, or I thought for a long time when it's not a limited. But sometimes it's just a "I need it!" and if I can afford it, I buy it (mostly heads and I see later for bodies).
      Marketplace is terrible, because you can find something you was really not expecting, and there is always a risk someone buy it before you.

16. I just bought one. I was reading a thread where someone mentioned Dream Valley Thorn, so I looked her up and thought she would fit in with my dolls pretty well, but not enough to buy one....until I saw her on DDE in stock. I just got her today XD no idea what I'm going to do with her at all

17. I had to save a lot for my first few dolls because I was a teenager with very limited money (plus I was more nervous about buying BJDs because I had very little experience with different companies). However, after I got my first decent paying job and moved out of my parents' house, I bought (and sold) a lot of impulse dolls. At this point, however, only a couple of my dolls were impulse buys. I find I usually do not keep impulse purchases, though that has not completely stopped me from buying impulsively.

18. I just recently started the process of doing this with a yosd Megu. Lol saw her fell in love and started the buying combo with the seller.

19. This has only happened once for me so far... I was looking for a Soom Leepy for months and found a Pa-an for sale, instantly fell in love and forgot about Leepy, hehe. Impulses can be dangerous, but I think if they really strike your heart in the moment, why not go for it? :cheer

20. Only once. My newest doll was an impulse buy. I had decided that I was not going to buy any more dolls. But when I saw her I knew she needed to be part of my doll family.
      Usually I take a long time to decide to buy a certain doll.