1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Curious, how many impulse dolls?

May 28, 2017

1. My first and only doll is the result of impulse buying QwQ, I just wanted him so badly! Luckily, he was as beautiful as the pictures and my love for him didn't diminish.

2. A depressing number of my dolls are impulse buys. :sweat Dika Doll Rena, Minifee Tika, Pukipuki Chichi... Honestly I think I have more impulse buys than planned.

3. Heck, most of mine are impulse buys. I never know what I want until I see it anymore. At first I used to go after specific dolls but as I fulfilled those dreams, I just started looking around when I had the money & would buy whatever I fell in love with. That's probably half the reason I ended up with too many dolls. But I culled the herd & am down to a more reasonable amount.

4. I agree, the impulse for me is when a doll I have wanted anyway, comes up unexpectedly on the second hand market. So although I had them in mind I hadn’t actually planned to buy them at a specific time.

5. Two of my dolls are impulse buys: my second-hand Fairyland F60 (bad experience) and my Full Set Dollzone Gray I bought new (very bad experience). They arrived a week apart.
      I am very fond of my Gray, and my F60 has grown on me since I have fixed most problems (inc. a different head sculpt). They aren't finished yet and I don't think I'll buy another BJD second-hand or a 'just-out-full-set' BJD ever again.
      Still, what I learnt is invaluable.
      As a result, I have decided to wait that Dream Valley proposes 1/3 BJDs :lol: instead of impulse-buying Elvish.

6. I got my SWITCH Taeheo while my first doll was still on layaway. He was something of an impulse buy since I wanted a SWITCH sculpt, but I really do like him. Other than that, I don't have a lot of impulsive purchases. :sweat I make sure I really like the sculpt before I invest money into a doll.

7. I won't impulse buy because I need to plan things out. Two out of my four dolls were planned. Having a list helps. I never usually choose limited dolls.

8. I only have two right now, but my first doll was definitely an impulse. I bought her without any actual idea what I wanted to do with her. I really didn't figure out a good concept until I ended up getting my second doll, who ended up being tied together in the overarching story I have for my dolls. Ironically, on my second doll I ended up doing the exact opposite than my first. I waited forever, humming and hawing over if I should get her. I ended up waiting too long and missing out on her full set. The other two dolls I want to get are a lot more planned out, so I think the first time was a bit of a fluke! Hopefully lol.

9. Ok, so out of the 21 full dolls and floating heads that I own, 12 of them were impulse buys and the rest were planned. And there were 2 dolls I sold that were originally impulse buys and one I traded that was a planned gift. I have notebooks filled with characters that I plan to shell, but even they get sidelined when I see a sculpt or faceup that inspires me, or I just plain fall 8n love with. My little Cashew, a LY Kuroo, was a complete impulse buy. I was totally smitten with Malvinas' little Miel and I saw Kuroo on the marketplace. I just knew she need3d to come home!

10. My newest order is an impulse buy purely because I had the money for her when the pre-orders were about to open

11. All of mine are impulses buys. But they are pretty and some how I still found a story for them. :aheartbea I love all my bjds.

12. Many of my dolls are limiteds bought new from the company, but I would call them unplanned, not impulse dolls. I have two I initially liked, half-forgot about, then decided I loved that I bought in stock from distributors- a Dikadoll Tea and DZ Wendy. The only two I bought impulsively second hand were re-sold on the Marketplace. I try to consider whether or not to buy a doll as long as possible, to be sure I truly like them.

13. For the most part, I try to avoid impulse buying because I want to focus on shelling my OCs and have very specific plans for all of them. That doesn't mean I haven't made impulse buys before, though...my DF-H Anye I got because I kept staring at his pictures and just fell completely in love, and I decided to justify it by coming up with a character for him. And then almost as soon as he came out, I found myself ordering Ringdoll Ashford EVO. He just called to me so much... @_@ I've been coming up with a character for him as well, though. Hopefully there won't be any new releases that tempt me as much next year, lol.

14. i only have maybe 2-3 that were thoroughly thought out. among the rest, i would say it a mix of impulse and accident...

15. I have one impulse buy doll, my DOD Code No 7. He was a limited and I just went and ordered him without too much preamble. Normally I save and save and budget and carefully plan. But when he came out, I knew I had to order him before the order period ended, no if ands or buts! After he was ordered, I was soooo fearful that after he arrived I wouldn’t like him because he was an impulse buy. Buy many many years later he continues to be one of my absolute favorites! :)

16. I'm a mix of careful planning and relentless hunting of the MP to make sure I can impulse-buy to a plan. I have very definite characters I want to shell, so it's more the sculpt I wait for and see what catches my eye that could work for the shell. My Spiritdoll was an impulse buy but he worked out very nicely to my plan. My Little Monica was also an impulse buy, but I adore xim and worked xem into my collection. I have some YoSDs and tinies who are true impulses, but being travel-sized I get the most use out of them.

17. Just one, second hand - no regrets <3 Who can argue with love at first sight?

18. Like.... all of my dolls are impulse buys. I think the only ones I wouldn't consider impulse buys were my Dollzone Benjamin, Doll Chateau Hilary and Doll Chateau Irma lol

So I guess like...14?! Jesus

I don't really mind impulse buys outside of the fact that they just make dolls sort of appear faster than I would like

19. I guess my impulses have been
      1) Eva—my ringdoll bride of Frankenstein
      2) Dollzone Gene—head is on E, body belongs to Grim.
      3)Ix—iplehouse auction SID Yui. Still need to get her painted.
      4) Fierene—impl Hannah head/nephelin body/home made wings
      5) unnamed shadow-character—I know who she is but not her name. She’s a Resinsoul Mi
      6) Dacrya—Dollshe Amanda head. Still hasn’t arrived.

Some of these have worked better than others (and some are newer and therefore I don’t know how they’re working yet) but I don’t really regret any of them.

20. 3 i guess?
      I bought my first 2 dolls NOT on impulse, i looked through the web and i even compared the pics i could find on instagram or flickr and then the following 3 dolls were impulse buys, with two of them i got lucky cause i love them very much but the third one....god help me, i don't like her at all. :frownyblush::frownyblush::frownyblush::frownyblush:

Which makes me sad cause i undressed her, put her in her box and i have no plan to take her out.