1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom House Bisou Ai 19cm Discussion Part 1

Dec 8, 2009

1. Svgjen I do intend to in the future, but it will probably be a few weeks, since I need to scout out some findings and fabrics still. I can PM you when I'm ready if you want :) All your girls are super cute! Very interesting the different bodies XD Last night I tried out a dress pattern that said it would fit the latiSP, but it didn't turn out as a dress, it was totally like a shirt it was so short!

2. Tipsyfox - Oh that's quite OK with me. I'd love to get a PM when you're ready! :) The only real difference between the Lati Yellow SP body and the Bisou is that the Lati body is a bit chubbier. Strange that the pattern was so short.

Here's another photo of Anne and Bernadette.

[​IMG]
      Meme-tastic by Jen Savage, on Flickr

3. Svgjen okay I'll definitely send you a message when I'm ready :) I firmly believe there should be MORE FEETIE PJs in the world, so yeah! In it's defense, it was a free on the internet pattern that also listed fitting for pukifee, lati yellow, and a couple others that I forgot. So maybe it didn't actually mean it was adequately long for the SP ;-P

OMG SO CUTE WITH THEIR TINY STARBUCKS ::dead from the cute::

4. Tipsyfox, those clothes looks great on Bailey, good job! I've just started sewing recently and I'm impressed with your tiny clothes! You must have a very steady hand, these little Bisou Ai dollies are so small I think you would have to sew them mostly by hand, did you manage to use the sewing machine at all on that little bit of fabric?
      About asking your hubby to make dolly furniture for you, I totally get it, there is many a time I wish mine had carpentry skills for this reason! I've been making a doll bed out of an old cigar box and I'd like to craft a headboard onto it, but I think I'll have to go with a modern bed frame instead.

clochette, thanks for your response about the Elfdoll tinies, it's too bad about the New Tiny Doll, perhaps they will do another release in the future.

svgjen, your girls are gorgeous! :fangirl: I love Bernadette's eyes, they really catch the light!

5. Faireva Thankyou for the compliments! Actually, all of it is done on the machine. My hand sewing is terrible at best, so I avoid doing it whenever possible. Occasionally I'll baste a collaror something by hand, to hold it for machine sewing, or sew on a snap, but that's about as far as it goes. My machine does really well considering the small size, I just go slow, make sure my needle is nice and sharp so it doesn't push the fabric down in it, and use a walking foot. THe dress is completely lined with satin, so there's no seams on the inside. The hardest part was the flipping it inside out and rightside out all the time to get everything sewn together properly lol!

Kobo she's so cute! I especially love her little hair clips XD

6. Oh I should try using a walking foot next time I try to make something for the dolls.

kobo - What a sweet little girl!

7. [​IMG]

Bailey went on a little tree climbing adventure today. She also go new clothes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

8. What a cute photo!

9. Would love to see more of these cuties! Heres Alice my shushu! [​IMG]

10. Aww she's cute! :aheartbea
      Here's my little UU Revi, I just adore CuustomHouse dollies so much, too bad the company is gone :(

[​IMG]
      Revi by Karen, on Flickr

11. It is too bad, but there was no way they could sustain with the "new sale to generate funds to pay for current orders" spiral they'd developed.

Here's Lorelei (BonBon) modeling with her LTF friends
      [​IMG]
      Girls SDMiniCon by clochette62, on Flickr

12. I'll always love my Custom House girls but they were awful to deal with as a company.

[​IMG]Les Bisous by Jen Savage, on Flickr

13. Actually I think it was there attempt to get into vinyl dolls got Custom House into trouble. Vinyl molds are very expensive and then they used a soft vinyl which deformed under the stress of stringing. Even with all the problems and delays, I never found them hard to deal with and I did eventually get all my dolls.

14. They screwed up my order and I know I'm not the only one that it happened to. Huge delays, messed up orders. Yeah they fixed it but then again, I had a huge delay waiting for them to right their wrong. When other companies are more timely and don't make mistakes, that definitely hurts your business.

15. You were fortunate, Nancy. It took 9 months and reporting them to the Korean trade officials to get my order, and then only two of the five arrived without some sort of damage. Through the wait, they rarely communicated, and when they did, most of what they told me was untrue. So, can't say much for their customer service.

It's too bad, because prior to the nosedive they made some amazing dolls. My JrIrang and my two Petites are lovely, and my first Bisous that I ordered prior to the mess are great little dolls.
      [​IMG]

16. It's so nice to see CH girls still around.