1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom House Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. * What did you order?
      A Junior Marco

* When did you order?
      On December 11th

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company

* How was the communication?
      Good when there was no problem, then it became horrible as I asked for a refund (on their website, it states that you can ask for a refund if you wish, so that's what I did because of the long wait). They never replied to my question, totally ignored me and I finally had my refund 3 months after asking for it.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Easy, no problem.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Never shipped as I asked for a refund. I did get my refund more than 6 months after I ordered.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      /

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      /

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      /

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      /

* Would you order from this company again?
      Never.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      No, I don't want to hear anymore about CH dolls. This whole story was really stressfull and I ended up being disgusted about their dolls.

2. I bought my doll after the winter sale was over, not realizing that there had been a sale (I am very new to this).

I did wait a long time, but had kind of expected to and once I began reading the incoming doll thread realized it would be even longer. I'm pretty patient so just sat back and waited.

She is a beautiful doll and I'm so happy I waited for her!

* What did you order?
      - Ange Ai Hani w/faceup
      * When did you order?
      - Feb 5/09
      - direct
      - minimal, but adequate
      - very easy
      - 6.5 months
      - the doll is lovely, just perfect. I paid full price and do think it was worth it, despite the long wait.
      - yes!
      - very satisfied

- probably not, more because I have enough dolls for me. I may order one for my daughter one day.

- I would definitely consider it.

3. * What did you order?
      Angi-Ai Hani without faceup
      * When did you order?
      June 1st, 2009
      Directly
      N/A
      Paypal, easy
      It is shipped out on Aug 26, arrived on Sept 1st. Which wasn't so bad consider i ordered during the 50% sales period and they had several events after that. I was not expecting it to arrive before Christmas....so it was a surprise.
      Pretty much. There are a lot of seamlines but its understandable.
      Yep
      Yes, and they send me a pair of light purple glass eyes instead of acrylic, not too bad
      N/A
      Probably, if the processing time can keep like this during sales events.
      Yes, i probably will.

4. * What did you order?
      Bisou Ai Bonbon without faceup
      * When did you order?
      December 2008
      Group Order
      N/A

N/A
      5 or 6 months? Though I didn't get her until 2 weeks ago (my own fault, not theirs)
      No. Even if it was a 50% off sale, I expected the good quality a doll should be.
      Yes
      No. She came with jagged seam lines, and was strung so tight she did not stand. When I fixed that, I found out she still couldn't stand because both knee joints are unfinished and do not fit together, and one leg is longer than the other. Her arms refuse to unbend, and I cannot get them to stay straight, and she did not come with any eyes.
      They haven't.

Never, unless it was a 90% off sale! :x
      Maybe, if it's not as bad a quality as the one I recieved

5. * What did you order?
      Junior Ai Yeondu

* When did you order?
      3rd August 2009

Direct

Communication was consistent though rather stilted - on occasion it felt like an automated reply rather than a direct answer

Simple enough though it did take a while for the credit card to be processed

Arrived October 26th so estimated 12 weeks

Yes and No, were it not purchased at half price I would be very dissapointed with the value for money - there were flaws with the doll that are repairable though could have been avoided were more care taken with the casting process

Yes - exactly as I had thought

Overall yes - I can do the repairs myself

I notified them of the issues with the doll though I dont imagine they will do anything to make amends

Yes - during a sales period only though - untill their products are up to scratch I wouldnt pay full price for them

Yes I would and do often.

6. * What did you order? I ordered three bisou Ais (BonBon, ShuShu, and Lily) and two Ange Ais (Gaby and Hani) all without faceup. I also got a bonus Bisou Ai with my order (they sent PoPo)
      * When did you order? I ordered on Aug 9th during their 50% off sale
      * How was the communication? The company answered all of my questions promptly, and though they said they would chose the bonus doll randomly, they did send me one of the three possibilities I requested.
      * How easy was it to pay? They do not link you directly with paypal, but it was still pretty easy to pay
      * How long did it take to ship? My order arrived on December 10th, so 4 months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. The seams were no more visible than my dolls from fairyland, the resin quality is heavy, toothy, and superb, the face sculpts are beautiful, and though some of the joints don't fit quite as perfectly as I would like, for the price, It doesn't bother me at all.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so
      * Would you order from this company again? At an event, in a heartbeat
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yup

7. * What did you order?
      An Ange Ai Mari
      * When did you order?
      During their July/August 50% off event. Around the beginning of August.
      Direct
      So-so. I commented in their Q&A board twice. The first time during the sales event to let them know I've paid - that took them a long time to respond. The second time when I inquire about the shipment was responded very nicely in a few days.
      Pretty easy
      Four months, but then of course that was because of all the events. When I asked about when my doll would be delivered, they gave me an estimate and it was spot on.
      Very. She was half off and came in very good condition. Perhaps I got lucky and she was from a good batch, because I had none of the problems other people mentioned (prominent seams, uneven legs, etc.)
      Yes
      Yes.
      N/A
      Probably.
      I never buy dolls second-handed.

8. * What did you order?
      Ange Ai Hani

* When did you order?
      May 2008 (received Sept. 8th 2009)

Direct from the company.

Almost non-existent, but we didn't really contact them much since it was the 2nd 50% off sale and we knew we would have to wait ages anyway.

Very easy.

3 months and a week.

Yes, considering I paid 50% of the original price. She has bad seams all over and a lump of resin on her right thumb and in her right eye.

Yes, aside from the seams, etc.

Yes. She needs a bit of TLC to clean her up, but I was speechless when she arrived. The faceup was beautiful too.

Only if they get their act together. They have some beautiful dolls.

Absolutely.

9. * What did you order?

Basic Ai Hyun (+ a second Hyun in the BOGO event). No faceups.

* When did you order?

September 5th

Directly from the company.

They responded quickly and were very polite, but did not always give accurate information. When I ordered initially, they told me one shipping date, then they told me another after that had passed, then another.

Very easy as they accept Paypal.

About 16 weeks.

I got the dolls in a buy one get one sale, so definitely.
      My dolls were actually good quality... a lot of people have complained about casting defects and large seams, but my two dolls both have average seams and don't seem to have any flash or other resin debris clinging around the eyes or joints. There don't seem to be any bubbles or inclusions either... and the pieces are thick-walled and feel sturdy and good quality.

Yes.

Yes.

N/A

I'm not sure. If they could get their production times under control, I would. I think that the dolls themselves are lovely.

Possibly if there was a sculpt that I wanted.

10. * What did you order?
      - Basic AI Hyun (plus the free Sia from the BOGO event). Both with face-ups.

* When did you order?
      -I placed my order on Sept.9th, 2009

-Directly from the company.

-At first the communication was quick and good, but near the end I was getting copy+paste replies that didn't really hold much info or give a clear answer to my question.

- Very easy - paid through paypal.

-It took almost 4 months to the day from order to ship.

- The quality for price is very appropriate. These are my first dolls, and I was really impressed with the weigh of them and the smoothness and quality of the resin. They're both beautiful, and although they do have a few visible seams, it's not anything that can't be easily fixed.

-In my honest opinion, the dolls looked even better then the pictures. The face-ups are very soft and lovely!

-Yes, I am very satisfied with my dolls.

N/A

-I would consider buying from the company again during another event if they had something I wanted and if their wait times were reduced. I will admit the wait for these two was very long.

-Yes, I'd buy second hand. :)