1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom House Little Junior and Junior discussion part 1

Jan 29, 2007

1. Jr Ai measurements (as with all Customhouse dolls) are listed under the FAQ.
      Junior Ai Detailde Sizes.

Height-42cm
      Neck circumference-7.3cm
      Chest circumference-17.5cm
      Waist circumference-16.5cm
      Hip circumference-19.6cm
      wrist circumference-4.7cm
      Ankle circumference-5.8cm
      Knee circumference-8.1cm
      Shoulder to Elbow-6.5cm
      Elbow to wrist-5.5cm
      Shoulder to wrist-12cm
      Navel to knee-12.8cm
      Knee to feet-12.2cm
      Navel to feet-25cm
      Shoulder width-7cm
      Shoulder width including arms-9cm
      Head size- 7~8inch
      Feet size-5.6cm
      eyeball size-16mm

2. So I'm seriously looking at getting a Custom House Junior Ai Yeondu basic, but I can't find any pictures of the body on the site.

I'm finding it hard to get any sense of what the body looks like with the clothes they've put on her as well. Does anybody have a picture of a Junior Ai body or any knowledge say of the bust size on the girl's body, or the amount of curves or how nice the joints are etc.? It'd be a big help! :)

3. Hi there,

I'm not really looking for another doll at the moment, but you know how it is... Anyway, I've been looking at CH Little Junior Eva for the past few days thinking that with a custom face-up she could be a cute little sister for my Soulkid Ahee. So now I am curious about them and their size.

First of all I would love to see pictures of Little Juniors with standard sized Mini size dolls, just to get an idea about the size.

Also, how about clothes? They are obviously too small for most MSD clothes and then again way too big for Yo-SD, so does anyone make clothes for them or are there any other dolls the same size that people make clothes for. Can they sometimes wear MSD-size dresses and such where the length wouldn't be a problem?
      And lastly, more generally how are their posing?

I'd be very happy for any pictures showing these things or just general info about them and their odd size ;)

Thanks,
      Linda

4. Here is my Little Junior Selene with my Shushu on a Soulkid body and my Domadoll Sanmaul:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Little Juniors wear clothes for Narae/Unoa or other very slim minis (just keep in mind that the sleeves will be very long, and that you need to look pants with short legs, too), and they also fit clothes for Narsha.

Here's Selene in a dress for Narae:

[​IMG]

You might also want to watch out for clothes for Corolle's "Les Cheries" line, some of them fit very well. Here's my Little Junior Dione in a dress for "Les Cheries":

[​IMG]

5. I've owned Little Juniors and MSD, but not at the same time. :sweat I did try some of the MSD stuff on my LJ and they were all generally too big. As for posing, it's all right but not the best imho...however, the one I owned was among the first ones that came out, and it had a one-piece torso. I don't know if CH has upgraded/redesigned the body in any way, so nowadays the bodies may be much improved. She stood quite easily but I often had trouble getting her to sit up straight.

6. Here is a dirty pic I used for one of my sales thread... It's a nude pic so it might help!

[​IMG]

Left is a DOC Petsha, right is a CH LJ Darea.

7. Maybe the big wig makes her head look larger! She shares wigs with my tinies, so her head is really not that large -- it's longer, but has roughly the same circumference.

[​IMG]

8. Keladry: Nah, I think it was more that she had a longer head like you say, not a short and round head like many of the smaller dolls has. And not so much smaller than "your avarage MSD" that they look out of proportion next to each other.

Btw I notice neither of the ones you have are still on the CH website, do they change their molds frequently?

9. They change their molds frequently, yes. CH do that in order to sell more limited dolls to the Japanese. They are smaller than MSDs and their quality is not like Volks.

10. Gus251, you really think so? Personally, I think the CH resin is the most lovely I've ever seen, actually! It's heavy and has a velvety texture that makes it nicely matte. I like the Volks resin, too, but personally I wouldn't say that it's necessarily a better quality than CH's. They're both lovely.

Elley, they're currently in the process of revamping their basic dolls -- they're slowly putting them back on the site with new pictures, one or two at a time. I asked CH about it a while ago, and they assured me that more of the basics would be coming back.

At the moment, Selene is still available on their website, but only in the "Parts" section! Dione was one of their very early sculpts -- I think she was the first or second LJ they offered --, and those were discontinued a while ago; I'm guessing it's because compared to the newer sculpts, the faces are less detailed. I like my Dione despite that, but I can understand that they might want to maintain a consitent aesthetic.

11. Gus251: From the posts I've read so far, here and in the other threads mentioned above, it seems most people who have them really like them, though some have mentioned that they are not as posable as they wish they would be.
      I guess as far as quality goes, if we are not talking about serious quality issues like parts breaking etc but quality of resin and such it comes down to personal taste.

Keladry: So there is a chance there will be more to choose from by the time I have had a chance to save up. Hm, this can be at dangerous discovery ;)
      Thanks for all the great info!

12. Here are a couple of pictures of the Basic Yeondu (default girl makeup) I received last week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps!

13. Wha type of head caps do they have the junior Ai

14. I don't have a Junior, but all my CH dolls have headcaps held on by elastic.

15. The measurements are in the FAQ. An odd place, yes, but they're all in there. Just be aware that the measurement for the Little Jr Boys doesn't include the head. With a head, they come in at 38cm. :)

16. I have a Jupiter (He's there in my icon!) He can be pretty tricky to buy clothes for, other than what CustomHouse make for LJs, I've had some luck with Luts' MiniFee clothes, and also have had a couple of Unoa-sized things that have fit him, and as people said above, Teen Trends outfits usually work too (but my boy doesn't like girls clothes so he won't stay in them!)

Shoes, we have pretty much given up on >>; Anything smaller than mini-sized shoes that I've bought have been too small for him, and the mini's ones he's swimming in. He doesn't really mind going barefoot so we're just not bothering at the moment.

Their wig size is 6 inches, none of my mini's wigs will fit him at all, they're way too big. I think Unoas have the same size? In general, you can try anything made for slim minis like Unoa or Minifee, but just remember LJ have more childish bodies so it's not guaranteed to fit ^^

17. Thanks so much Chibi Kitsune! Your boy looks so sweet! ^__^ Bambicrony's are size 6 wigs, I thought LJ's were 6-7, but if they're closer to a 6 that's perfect for me. I will have to search out some Teen Trends too!

18. Icarus is adorable. :) Mine's a girl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

n_n