1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom House Little Junior and Junior discussion part 1

Jan 29, 2007

1. Does anyone know if DOC clothing will fit the Little Juniors? ^^

2. I expect the same ol' "too big" issues.

The DoC are around 43cm, and CH LJs are 38cm, and more slender.

Ann in CT

3. thanks Ann in CT! :doh That is true! They are a lot different in size!^^

Might anyone also know if the DOC clothes then fit the CH Juniors then (as they are closer in size)? I think that the Juniors were what I meant, but being the complete CH newbie I got them mixed up. :dreidel

4. I expect the DoC outfits ought to be close to right for the Juniors.

Ann in CT

5. The size difference is really noticeable between a DOC and a Little Junior ^^;

[​IMG]

(Left is a DOC Petsha, right is a LJ Darea)

6. I just brought home a Junior Ai boy and (based on the measurements) took the gamble of ordering a Dream of Doll DoC outfit. It fits perfectly! Not only that, but Luts Kid Delf shirt that I just bought fits, as do the Volks MSD pants. Though his waist seems smaller than that of the Volks MSD, he has got Bootay to fill in the pants very nicely. xD

What works for boy Jr Ai:
      Dream of Doll- Dream of Child clothing (hat, shirt, pants, length of pants, and jacket... all perfect!)
      Volks MSD pants
      Luts Kid Delf shirt
      Dollmore canvas tennis shoes
      volks msd wigs (any wig size 7-8)

What doesn't work:
      nothing that I have tried as of yet, but I will update if/when I find more to test

7. If you haven't ordered a doll from Custom House yet you might want to know that their waiting time is REALLY bad. People who orderd dolls during their Christmas event are only slowly beginning to get their dolls now. I think by now everyone who ordered December 10th have gotten their dolls (although there has been a lot of mix ups with wrong dolls being send out and such) and they are sending out to people who ordered December 11th at the moment.

The delay is of course partly because they had a lot of orderes because they had 50% off but it's still not reasonable imo. Another thing is that having a 50% off event probably will have an impact on the second hand prices.

Dustbunnie

8. Just a question since i'm getting a Custom House Ange Gaby.
      How is their stringing, is it tight or loose when the doll comes?
      Im just wondering if i decide to blush her would i need to buy more string.

thanks.

~mousey

9. All my CH dolls have been very tight.

10. While I can't speak for everyone, my Hyun arrived very, very tight. In fact, his arms were almost problematic when I was taking his hand off to put on an outfit. It actually ended up bending his s-hooks, though I was eventually able to get him back together. I'm hoping it will relax a bit more eventually or I will have to get him new elastic.

11. The BJDs by Berdine Creedy are off-topic for DoA, BUT she makes 12.75'' dolls that are pretty similar in size to the Little Juniors:

[​IMG]

The Little Junior girls have longer legs, bigger boobies and bigger feet, but they should be able to wear a lot of the shirts, skirts and dresses made for the Creedy girls. Berdine makes her own clothes line for them, and there are people on Ebay who offer both clothes and patterns for the Creedy dolls.

[​IMG]

This is a Creedy dress that I tried on my LJ Selene. It's stretchy, so it fits pretty well even around the bust.

I'll get a bunch of Creedy clothes soon, and I'll try all of them on my Little Juniors and let you know if they fit. :)

12. As promised, I tried the Creedy clothes on my Little Junior girl, and they fit fine (except for the shoes)!

[​IMG]

More outfits here!

13. Little Juniors wear regular old Junior shoes or MSD & other 43cm dolls' shoes. No problem.

And 6/7 wigs like the Petites.

Of course, I started with c.43cm dolls not from CH, who wear 6/7 wigs, so when I got my little Zephyr I had a collection to try on. And his shoes fit on them, too; it's not just in one direction.

Ann in CT

14. Thanks for the info Ann. I'm glad to hear they can share shoes. On the CS site it says Junior has 5.7cm feet and LJ has 5cm feet so I wasn't sure if it was close enough for them to share shoes.

According to the site Junior Ai has an 8" head. Does this mean she also wears a size 8 wig?

15. Wig sizes are usually given in inches so yes, an 8 wig should work.

I wish I could spam my Junior, but he's been off for a face-up. At least I'll get him back this weekend~

16. My Little Junior boy wears clothes for slim MSDs (Unoa etc) and some baggy clothes for chubby Yo-sized dolls. I haven't tried Boneka yet, sorry!

17. leXis - The LJs have pretty big noggins, so I think it would be possible to put them on a taller body. I'm not sure about the resin match, though.

As for shoes, I've had a bit of luck with some Yo-sd sized shoes for my LJ girl. Her feet are narrow enough to fit into them, but sometimes the length falls a bit short. It's also a bit harder to get her to stand properly in yo-sized boots, probably because they restrict her ankle movement. And some are just plain too small.

And for clothing, I love the Ty Girls clothing. The shirts tend to be a bit short in the arms, but the skirts are usually good. Just remember to go slowly when you try them on, since I managed to rip a skirt. :(

18. I just compared my Senior Delf head to my Ange Ais and the match is pretty good. They are almost exactly the same color.

But CH resin can also fluctuate. When I received my dolls, they all weren't the same color. I've also seen CH dolls from other batches and they also were different shades.

19. I use Bluette wigs on my Petite Ai, but not on my LJ - my LJ has a smaller head than my Petite (a full size smaller) so a Bluette wig would be a bit big. But having said that, I think Bluette wigs are generally available in a variety of sizes.

20. I hope somebody can meet your request, I could only be so much help. I have a Yeonu and a friend has a DoC but it's a boy, and I probably won't see her for a few weeks.

Speaking of my Yeonu, I finally got him back. He needs a different wig though, the one I bought him pre-arrival is too small.
      [​IMG]