1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom House Little Junior and Junior discussion part 1

Jan 29, 2007

1. It seems to be luck of the draw with customhouse or perhaps how fussy you are about your dolls. A little bit of work with sanding appears to be necessary if you get a bad lot. That doesn't worry me. The uneven leg reported with the Ange Ai is more of a worry, but again, hopefully that can be sanded away or covered up with an outfit. They are cheaper than most BJDs and very cute. If they have more 2 for 1 make-up sales, I'd like to get a couple of the Ange Ai as well.

Re the company reviews - keep in mind that a lot of people don't put feedback on unless they're unhappy so considering the amount of dolls sold, the feedback isn't all bad.

2. I feel so sad reading about what's going on with CH these days. :C Two years ago they were operating amazingly.

3. My Little Junior Dione in a dress I made her today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cheated a bit and cut up a baby shirt so that I didn't actually have to sew a lot of hems... ;)

4. Keladry, her dress is so cute. And I love the red hair on her.

5. Aw, that dress is adorable! :D

6. Thank you! Come on people, more (Little) Junior spam, please! ;)

7. Well, I caved and bought Darea and Meoroo as well as Yeondu and Marco in this sale. Next I'll be saving for an Ange Ai.

8. If anyone has a Little Junior girl and is struggling to find shoes that fit, I switched out my LJ feet for Volks Yo-SD feet. The Volks ankel ball doesn't fit into the calf, but the CH ankle ball fits into the Volks foot. So all I did was switch out the feet. While the balance is a bit wobbly, she can stand in the Yo feet.

I also have an extra pair of LJ girl feet on order from CH. Once they get here, I intend on sanding down the toes somewhat so Yo-sized shoes will fit better. I can't steal my poor Yo's feet forever. XD I'll keep you posted on that, too.

Edit: I don't know if this works on the LJ boys, since I don't know if they have the same sized feet. I have a Meoloo on order, so once he gets here, I'll try it on him, too. Though he might look odd with delicate, tiny feet, since he will be taller.

9. Hello! I am wondering if the Little Junior knee joints look/work the same as the Junior knees? Does anyone have any pictures/ comments on the Little Junior posability?

Right now I am torn between a Darea and a Yeondu. It's just so hard to pick :(

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

10. I have a quick question, is the little junior head able to be swapped onto a junior body? Are they similar in size? From what I've read on this thread so far, they don't seem too far apart in sizes, just body types. I am looking at the websites view of the differences between a junior body and a little junior body and i would prefer the knee joints on the junior to the little junior. Does anyone have both?

11. I have a Darea on a boy Little Junior, because I wanted to give her more height so she could possibly fit MSD clothes a little better, and because I didn't like that the LJ was bigger busted than the regular Junior. Even with a boy body she's still about a head shorter than a regular MSD!

As far as posabilty goes, it's actually... not that great. It can be improved with sueding and restringing, but it's still pretty limited. Most Little Junior heads also don't tilt back -- the way the neck is sculpted doesn't allow for it. I'm going to sand down part of the back of the neck so the head can be tilted up farther.

The neck of a regular Junior is too big for a Little Junior head to fit on, though. The female heads are very imbetween yoSD and MSD sized; too big on a yoSD body, but too small on an MSD body. The knees are not the same; LJ are one jointed, not double.

12. Aww.
      I'm sort of sad that their poseability isn't as good (because I love me some mobility!) but I plan to heavily work my pair(if I end up getting them :sweat) with hot glueing, sueding, face-ups, mods, and all that!

:D
      Wow, didn't see that!
      Keladry, your dress is so cute!
      *Seconds picture spamming*
      We need some more CH AWESOMENESS!

Regarding the LJ and J head swap:
      It says the LJ heads are 6-7inches and 8inches for Junior, so the LJ head MIGHT look a bit small... But I can't really say for sure.

13. Thank you for the information... it's a bit sad as I prefer the shape of the Little Juniors to the Juniors and I was hoping they'd be double jointed. >.<

14. *answers the call for picspam*

I took Nibs (LJ Zephyros) out for a couple of quick photos. I'm kind of considering replacing his wig, since I just can't seem to tame those stubborn hairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I don't believe that I've ever shared this photo of Peter (LJ Meoloo) before, either. |D I still need to finish his new outfit before I take anything newer (I. . .I think it's over a year old!).

[​IMG]

15. Here's Zion [Little Junior Mars] ^^
      He hasn't got a complete face up but I think that will change soon^^
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Zion's adorable! X3 I love his skull necklace.

17. The CH FAQ page on measurements lists Junior's heads as being 8 inches, is that an exact measurement or a general round-off? I'm wanting to order a couple of mohair wigs for a pair of dolls that I should be getting next month and I want a really exact measurement because the mohair wigs don't stretch.

18. I was wondering if the 6-6.5'' Leekeworld wigs would fit a CH Little Junior. Specifically a LJ Mars whose head is 6-7''.
      Does anyone know if their wigs tend to be on the small/big side?

19. itseva - They do fit my Icarus, who is on a girl body:

[​IMG]

It takes a little bit of pulling to get it on, but once it's on, it's nice and snug and doesn't move. I have some other Leeke wigs in that size. If you would like me to try them on her and report back, just let me know. =)

20. Thank you so much, Fishiestix! That was quick. No need to de-wig the poor girl.
      She really is pretty as a girl. :D

Edit: You don't happen to remember the color your wig is? Dk. Pink or Pink Brown maybe? It kinda looks like my Ava's wig color (which I like very much). Since I am ordering, I might as well get a wig for her as well but I'd like her to keep the cool color.