1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dae Jang Geum dolls

Mar 5, 2007

1. I'm not generally a fan of those dolls classified as "mini" but I find this girl very appealing. She reminds me a miniaturized Soah. Though she's advertised as a fashion BJD, I don't think that on its own should exclude her from the forum. Especially when we have barbie sized mature minis now. Being similar to fashion or barbie dolls is just a change in sizing, and there's been a lot of that going around. I for one would love to see this girl with similarly sized BJD boys.

2. I think the only similarly sized BJD boys are the Hautelier doll Ian ( http://dollndoll.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=1139288015&c_code=CHILD1150984199 ) and, of course R&D's Mensajero.

If I ever got a male doll it would be Ian. His face is much more mature than the general pretty boys you see here.

I really like this size doll. The larger ones just don't appeal to me.

As far as I know the Hautelier dolls are still under consideration too.

Does anyone know of a forum for people who like these type of dolls? I feel like a second class citizen here and it will only get worse. I want one of the Goodreau dolls when they come out this Summer. http://www.dollpeddlar.com/index.php?cPath=1275

Since the Goodreau dolls will come out in both resin and vinyl, they are sure to be banned.

I just realized that I only have one doll that is approved of here! Oh well, I do get a lot of information and pattern information.

IMO, Dae Jang Geum is just too expensive. Maybe when I feel better about my finances.

3. Thanks, Lindsayscorner. Zone of Zen looks pretty good.

4. :ablah: sorry canceled my blurb. Pamela

5. pamela7428, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this really isn't the place for 'for sale' style posts.

6. ZoZ does welcome all BJD's, including Syb's, Angels, Jigamaree and Hautelier...dang, there is one more that is freakin' amazing, and for the life of me I can't *remember* it. Actually a bunch of people that are now regulars on the board started with fashion dolls, and transitioned to BJD's...so seeing dolls in the scale of the ones they used to have, and thus are able to wear clothing that they may even STILL have, is fabu...Anyhoo, yeah they're welcome. And Zone of Zen is my board, nobody will hassle you, hehehe.

fyi:
      I just made it a secure board, so you can't access it w/out registering...we had problems with a very tenacious individual that was bent on disrupting the board--they're also banned on DoA (go figure) and I couldn't ban their IP due to them being AOL...so we went to secure log-in. It takes probably a minute (if that) and once you put in to register, it's automatically ping'd to me and I manually approve. If folks just want to register to lurk, that's awesome-in fact in the first 14 hours of having the new system going, we've got almost 230 folks that registered, and I'm sure half are just readers...again, totally cool w/me. I just wanted to be able to ban anyone who was a troll if I needed to. And if there is a glitch with the registering, I've just had people email me so I could manually add them.

It bums me out that they can't be posted here...I do understand however that the forum is already so huge, and navigating it is pretty time consuming--I wouldn't want to add one more subject/section to have to mod. So yeah, it sucks...but I can see their perspective, especially with this type of board layout.

7. Thank you Shankula.

It will be nice to have a place where I won't constantly have to be watching my "tongue" to make sure I don't mention some of the dolls I have. It is too bad about the troll. You are smart to do something about it before more move in. I think they tend to congregate wherever they can make the most trouble.

I really like the way this board is organized. It makes it easy to find my areas of interest. I am usually hanging out in the sewing area.

I guess I am just backward. I never liked fashion dolls (I thought they were ugly). I spotted a BJD (Volks Megu) modeling on eBay when I was looking for a Kimono and became very interested in BJDs. They ARE a lot prettier than the average fashion doll. As I have slowly defined what I am looking for, I have discovered that the 16 in. is my favorite size and I generally am only interested in using them as sewing mannequins.

All this character stuff just confuses me.

8. To each their own--and I don't personally have any FBJD's, but I do have a Narae...that's as close as I've gotten, at least sizewise. I don't understand the mentality of "it's not bjd' enough", but like I said, I can totally understand wanting to keep it as non-muddled as possible. That said, I think the Dae Jang Geum molded headcap is a cool option, and I like that the doll also comes with a 'plain' headcap for wearing wigs.