1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DaisyDayes' centaur, Elise [17cm of cuteness]!!!!

Apr 8, 2011

1. My expected delivery date is tomorrow :D That should brighten my otherwise stressful week XD

Still miffed about the eyes thing, but maybe she'll look okay with pink eyes :)

2. Grace's comment on Resin Cafe makes me wonder if they're not coming in with random coloured eyes? So perhaps they wanted people to see what they got first, before deciding whether to order anything else.

3. Oh I see now, I hadn't realized there were so many updates over there. Bah, too many forums to keep track of XD

I hope my girl comes with blue eyes :D

4. Hahah, yeah, it's hard forum-hopping to keep up with everything.

I'm pretty certain I'll be getting new eyes for my girl; I'm planning on either solid black or possibly coloured eyes with a differently shaped pupil. Either way, I'm sure she'll come with lovely eyes, but I don't expect them to work for the character.

5. My girl is on delivery. But I won't be able to tear the box open (even if there's someone home to accept it) cause I'm going to go see circus solei as soon as I get home!! :) so she and I will have to be patient a little while longer. :)

6. Congrats to everyone expecting their centaurs! My Elise just arrived and I think she's wonderful! :aheartbea She has a pearl-like finish to her resin - very pretty! For those of you wondering about the eyes, I have no idea if they are giving random colors, but mine came with a deep rose/almost lavender color pair. They look nice in her (you will have to put the eyes in, but they come with stems, so it helps in positioning them better), but I may also look for a blue pair and a brown set, too. Just to have fun changing her look a little. Hope to add a little facial and ear blushing, too. She has very nice lips already in a very pretty color. I think you'll all be very happy with your Elises! :daisy

7. I just got to open my centaur! I was really surprised by the little green bag and limited edition card, but Im blown away by this girl! her jointing is amazing with little pegs locking her into very sturdy positions, and she has the prettiest pearly body with purple blushing on the joints and underbelly.. Im in love <3

Oh, I got these medium purple looking eyes, pretty perfect for my plans :)

I just had a quick question... If I hot glue suede her knee sockets would that help prevent chipping her paint? I want to play with her but im afraid of messing her up!

8. yes, they are coming with random eyes...so each will be a surprise...we stopped doing as seen colors for the simple fact that on more than one occasion, not only did eyes not match some people's screen color so they were upset but they eye factory had delays and so dolls would be delayed by as much as a month....as a customer myself I know I would rather have the doll then wait even longer to get a pair of eyes....

9. i received mine yesterday. i think the eyes are pink, but i havent had a chance to even unwrap them. i wish the pearl coat was in the resin, cause shes already knicked in several spots out of the box, and the back pegs dont lock on mine. :( so i guess i'll be bevealing her out at some point so that the pegs fit. (more paint loss) I was also under the impression she came with a tail but no wig? but since her sales page is down i cant see if im crazy. but i thought she did. guess i'll need to make a wig AND a tail now. O.o; tonight will be arts and crafts night i guess. O.O; also i think she will need a new faceup. totally not digging this one. but i'll see how i feel when her eyes are in. :P

10. For some reason, I thought she came with a tail, as well. I knew I wanted a specific colour, so I've already ordered a wig and tail to match, regardless.

The pearliness is just the blushing, then, not the resin? I had kind of wondered, though I was hoping it was an effect of the resin itself.

As lovely as the default is, I have completely different plans for mine - new face-up, new blushing, the works. I kind of wish there had been an option to get her blank, as it feels like a waste of someone's time and hard work just to wipe it right away.

I hope you can get the issue with the pegs all sorted out and get her working properly soon. <3

11. Thanks malaryush, I'm glad to hear it wasn't just me that thought she came with a tail. Hegemony her legs shouldnt be diffcult. I think that will be easier then say sanding her pegs thinner. She fits the center hole but not the front or back one? (the back one her leg gets in the way of anyways cause the bit is too long.)

Tonight I will make her a little halter top, and possibly a wig and tail. I think I have fun fur to at least make her a temp wig. (never made one so small) and not sure if I have fabric tO make her a tail. Got to dig out the tutorial for it. Because I'm not sure you can use fun fur for that. And I don't know if I have any mohair wigs that I can destroy (seems like a waste really) so I'll see what I can come up with.

I had all the time in the world but wasn't sure what I wanted with her. I hope I'm able to bond with her. At the point I'm feeling a little lost with it. But tonight I will have time. So I'll make her some stuff and hope that when I put her eyes in and make her a little top (and leg warmers) and a wig that she'll grow on me. Here's hoping right?

12. I enhanced my Elise's face-up last night, almost as soon as I got her out of the box. The default is very minimal, and her face is tiny, so there's not much to take off. :)

13. They are supposed to come with a tail =/ I believe they were supposed to come with a pink tail. Mine came with a white one, which was lucky because the tail I commissioned didn't fit, but the wig I commissioned has enough white in it to match.

14. mine came with a white tail, it was at the very bottom of the green bag :)

15. Mine came with a white tail, as well. It was wrapped in a little of the bubble wrap and would be easy to miss, so for those who mentioned not getting one, be sure to check the wrappings or the cushioned bag again. You may just find it there.

I'll be making another tail anyway, since the mohair I have for her wig doesn't match her current tail. They look easy enough to make, thanks to Daisy's post on how to do it. Here's the link: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?441855-Horse-tails!&p=7729402

16. ah i did find the tail at the bottom of the bag. :P mine was white as well. i guess i pulled the bubble wrap out and it must have just slipped out. She will get a new faceup sooner or later. as soon as i have a moment. now im trying to sew a top for her so she can be a little more decent. :) then i will try and make a wig for her out of some fun fur... and then maybe i'll make a dress for Moth her little friend. :D

17. Took better pics of Elise today... i enchanced her faceup. i was going to remove it, but realised with such minimal features id probably have a really hard time making lips and eye brows i liked. adding more color seemed to help. i also deepened her lip color, even though i never liked it in the first plact... but now it doesnt look as liney as before so it looks better to me. I blushed her in purple to match her blushing. She's super cute and growing on me

[​IMG]
      radnomdolly037 by kittywolf13, on Flickr

right now she's tenativly named Cotton, after a horse i used to own. I really like the top i made for her though

[​IMG]
      radnomdolly043 by kittywolf13, on Flickr

18. She's wicked cute, Kittywolf13! I like what you did with her face-up, and I love her little top.

I made a wig for my girl last night, and tonight she's getting her new tail. I also bought a little bit of ultrasuede to make her an outfit - which I'm hoping to finish before the end of the week. I'll probably wait until it's finished before I put up my pics.

19. She looks great, KIttywolf13! Love that cute top you made for her, too! :fangirl:

Have fun making your girl an outfit, Koryuu! I'm looking forward to seeing it! :fangirl:

Over the weekend, I made mine a wig and tail. They turned out okay for a first attempt. Still have to do a little blushing and figure out what to dress her in before she's ready for her close-up. :daisy

20. I'm hoping I have time this weekend to get to work on my Elise. I'm not looking forward to disassembling her, but I'm going to wipe her face and body blushing and give her a completely new look. After seeing how pretty she looks with the sparkly equine body, though, I think I might try to reincorporate that into hew new paint job. <3