1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark & Moonless - Spirit Doll 2010 Darknights LE dolls with wings

Dec 25, 2009

1. If I don't end up using mine for my non-default wings, I think I'll just put an awesome patch over them :D

How many people have ordered these guys so far?

2. Thanks a lot for the photos Serraphym! :)

I must admit I am a bit disappointed that his wings don't attach by magnets. It would have made things much easier. I wonder how exactly it works... You just put them in the holes and that's it or is there some kind of elastic with an s-hook that you'll have to attach somewhere in his body (so they won't come off easily)? @_@
      As for the outfit, I just cannot imagine it hasn't got holes in it, otherwise we would have to make holes in it ourselves in order to use the wings. ^^;
      But, I've already ordered and paid for Dark days ago and I am still very much excited about it! :D He's beautiful!

3. These guys are what sealed the obsession for me, doubt I'll be able to get them... but they're beautiful. :)

4. Ooooh Serraphym, if you could.. Could you find a way to show us the wings on their own... and maybe weigh them? Gotta work out how much the postage will be for my wings to people who are interested in splitting off my pairs >_> So I can decide on a fair price for them.

5. Have just paid of my Dark boy. Hope Spirit doll sends him out fast, can't wait to see him irl. Will have to mod his eyes thou.

6. Anyone had any luck in getting a reply from Ghost/Spirit Doll? I asked some questions on their message board last week, and haven't heard anything. I also sent them an eMail four or five days ago about the possibility of ordering a Dark in gray skin but with the normal version 2 Proud man body (eg: without holes in his back) but haven't gotten a reply.

7. Yay! I managed to get someone to cover for what I can't pay so... I'll be able to order them! :D To be honest I like Moonless a little more then Dark... but it could be that wig he's wearing.. it looks a little odd on his head to me...

@ Kiyakotari I posted a question yesterday, not expecting a reply yet but I did notice a few questions have gone unanswered for a while...

8. I wasn't able to meet up with her due to lack of time :( but I've sent her an email with your questions and request for extra photos.

In China, there's a New Year's break, so that might be why their replies are slow. The store has been closed these past few days as well.

9. That explains a bit, thank you Serraphym! Just placed my order... just need to ring mum and ask her to fool around with paypal now... joys of being under 18...

10. Are most people getting Dark with the optional parts or with a predecided part? I'm nervous about how much know-how is involved in changing the parts.

Also, Rinse, is eyemodding easy or something you can ship your doll out to get done by someone who knows how to do it?

11. Well, I couldn't resist any longer...I placed my order for Dark! I just think he's gorgeous!

Besides his being wonderfully morose, Im going to have endless amounts of fun with his magnetic boy-bits.:wiggle (I got to see Gayle's SpiritDoll boy body in person and the parts are easy-peazy to pop into place.)

Now the waiting begins...

12. They're magnetic - I have one of the first Spirit Doll boys, on the original body. They're pretty much self-explanatory. However, they do have a tendency of falling off, so I don't use them all that often.

13. I'm a bit surprised that people feel the need to mod open Dark his eyes, but I must admit I'm curious how he'll turn out to look with open eyes. :) I love the way he looks with the almost closed eyes, but maybe that's because he's going to be a relative of a character who's sculpt also has almost closed eyes...

DonaNovinha I don't mean to butt in on your conversation with Rinse, but when you mod eyes always pay attention to symmetry and don't cut out the tear ducts or it'll look a whole lot less realistic. If you're not too comfortable with doing it yourself, I'd try to find someone else more experienced to do it for you. Personally, trying to mod a limited doll with little to no experience would make me feel pretty nervous.

The option parts, I cannot help but feel amused by them. X3

14. I'm sort of torn... I like being able to see the dolls eyes (as in the eye balls) more then anything. this is mostly because I love how a lot of the eyes look, they're very beautiful~ So I can deal with the somewhat closed sculpts... But I don't have any where near the courage (or the tools ATM) to mod them. Nor do I have the money to send them off to be modded. Besides... the upper part of his head worries me a little more.. in that wig it looks kinda.... huge compared to his face... (Not sure how to describe)

15. Slight update: according to Ghost, there are obvious holes when you take out the wings, and to answer Lamento's question, you just put them in (probably with some eye putty as well to make sure they don't fall.)

I'm still talking to her about whether or not it's possible to purchase a chest piece without the holes, but will post here when she answers ^.^

@Rinse- she didn't say how heavy the wings are exactly, but according to her they aren't that heavy. Unfortunately, I'm not in China anymore and can't weigh them...

16. Does anyone know if they will release Dark in Normal Skin someday???

17. I really like Dark but like a few others, I would much prefer him without holes in his back and if the wings were magnetic. I've found that I love gray skin dolls and the body on this guy looks pretty awesome but the holes in his back...it's probably a deal breaker for me.

18. Thank you for the update Serraphym! The holes don't bother me, and the wings not being very heavy is a relief.

19. Oh damn. Luckily I'm safe with my sard robbing me blind and all. But damn I want those wings and that outfit D:

20. *sigh* Well, with the cat going to the vet, and with buying new glasses, I don't think Dark will be coming home to me. Probably for the best, as I was aiming to get his eyes opened, too.

I'm still going to stalk this thread through. XD