1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DD-Anne Discussion part 2

Jul 23, 2011

1. Can I join this thread? I just got back from Think Pink (had a lovely visit) and a tiny Neare managed to catch my eye... He was sad, wearing nothing but a bit of gauze bandage, and missing the tip of one ear... I felt sorry for him, so I took him home with me. LOL!

[​IMG]

He came with the cutest little toy, too. :D

(OK, I admit,I actually knew he was in stock before - and I now regret not buying him when he still had two intact ears...)

2. Awww, what a little cutie!

That's too bad about his ear, but things like that add character! :3

3. Whee I just ordered my first DD-Anne girl! :D

Without a clear shopping cart and immediate payment system, I'm a little concerned at the moment as to whether or not my order actually went through, or if 13 people somehow managed to get in before me - I'd ordered within a minute of them going on sale so, I hope not!

Going to assume all is well though and that I have a March Hare - with full blushing, the lollipop and a fully painted chair for her to sit on - coming home!:aheartbea

4. I placed my first order also! For Alice and Mad Hatter. I've been counting down the days! Keeping fingers crossed!

5. Congratulations!! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

I really wanted to order all 3, or at least March Hare and Mad Hatter, but alas, it's going to be hard enough to justify buying ONE right now let alone 2!
      If the Mad Hatter hasn't sold out, I can see me GRABBING HER later on xD

Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to find out if your order definitely went through?
      None of them are marked as sold out yet, but something makes me think they MAY HAVE and the site just hasn't been updated with the info. Nerve wracking indeed! ^-^;;

6. If so, she'll probably update it tonight when she sends out the invoices. They probably aren't sold out yet though. I've also ordered a march hare to add to my underland collection. Hopefully ill be able to get the hatter too but just the hare for now.

7. Sounds like we're in the same position then Zelinas! Both wanting the same 2 but only be able to go for the March Hare for now.
      I do hope we can get the Hatter down the line too!!

I actually want to get the White Rabbit too! Have been drooling over her since she was released, and can't believe she is STILL available.
      Then the March Hare came along and stole my money! Gah! ^-^;;

8. Yeah, i know what you mean! I have both the caterpillar and Cheshire and with my march hare order i just need the hatter and the white rabbit ti be caught up before the next chapter.

9. Getting to see the whole finished Mad Tea Party at long last, what a treat! :fangirl: Did anybody order the set of all 3 (with the free shipping offer)? If I were ordering one, I doubt I could avoid having all three, with every single bell and whistle and exra accessory-- the whole opus is just so great of-a-piece, I would want the whole enchilada.

Anne is so effing amazing. I have no idea how she does all of this... this everything. I think the only thing she didn't do by hand herself is, what, the hair-nets that her mom crocheted? Oh, OK, she didn't grind the pigments to make her own paint, or manufacture the plastic wig-fibers by herself, but that's about it. :lol: Just thinking about sculpting the tufting on the furniture, and cutting the leather tassels on those tiny shoes, makes my head spin. If this project were masterminded by lazy old me, I totally would have outsourced the shoes to Dollheart, then just raised the price forty bucks. xD

10. Yay my March Hare is paid for so all is well and my order has gone through!:aheartbea

Oh I definitely want them ALL!:D
      It's just like you say though, I'd start to want EVERYTHING!
      Like, I had to get a chair for my girl to sit on. If I get a second doll, I'll need a second chair. And if I have 2 dolls, I'm going to start wanting the table. If I have the table, I'm going to start wanting the tea set and all the cakes and sweets!
      .... before you know it, I'd have ordered the lot xD

As it stands, I'm now sat here trying to work out how to make back the money I just spent on ONE of them so I can eat next month!:sweat

11. Food, hah, who needs it.... living on beans is good for you. :XD:

12. I really wish I could have ordered all 3. >_< As it is, just ordered March Hare this morning. I'm still waiting on confirmation, but fingers are crossed that I've got her. <3

I'd have loved to order all 3, but money. I also had specific character plans in mind for a trio of zombie-skinned girls and I only needed one more. On the other hand, I could totally get away with an Alice because I wouldn't feel like she had to be connected to the others. >> If there's still one available next month, I'll probably cave.

They're all just gorgeous, though. And I would have loved to get a table & chair set... *-*; ...So broke.

13. \(^0^)/ I ordered the March Hare as well! She will be my first DD-Anne doll... that is if my order was in time. ^_^; Has anyone received an invoice yet? I'm also worried about the possible 6 month waiting period. Does anyone have any experience with ordering from DD-Anne? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now~

Congratulations to everyone that has ordered!! I can't wait for the first wave of dolls to be shipped!:aheartbea

14. My Cheshire did take very close to 6 months -- ordered 2/25/11, arrived 8/9/11. She was the first doll I ever ordered, but several others arrived first. XD

I really didn't mind the wait, though. First, because she was absolutely worth it. Second, because DD-Anne is fantastic. She posted progress pictures very regularly on her Flickr account to show where she was at, what she had done so far... Compared to most companies where you've got no idea what's going on or where they're at, I actually found the wait quite a bit easier. It was really exciting to see how they were all coming together, bit by bit.

15. You already have your invoice Midnitestar?? I am worried now, Marc Hare seems so popular and even thoug i placed my order quick, like at least within 10 minutes of opening, i don't feel at all certain that i have got her. Especially if some invoices have already gone out, as i haven't received anything yet.

16. She posted a note on her site saying all ordera have gone through it will just take time to send all the invoices.

17. That's a relief! :D

Due to work, I wasn't able to place my order until a few hours after opening and I was also starting to get worried about March Hare's popularity. XD

18. Yep, my invoice came through within 3 hours of them going on sale.

However, I wouldn't worry! :)
      For one, there's a note on her site saying that all the orders went though.
      On top of that, I'm pretty sure mine was the very first order! 13 dolls seemed so few, and I'm used to RosenLied releases where if you are not there at the exact time of release and are a little too slow with the mouse, you are NOT getting the doll you want.:sweat
      So I went into this expecting them to sell out FAST and had clicked order about a minute into them going on sale!

So yes, I suspect the invoicing takes time and I was just first in the queue!

Did almost everyone order March Hare at this point? Looks like she'll be the one to sell out first!

19. Both my Lotuses took about that long, too! And that was years ago. The first one (he was the 2nd edition) might've taken even longer than 6 months-- she had to scrap the original design plan when dark-tan resin failed too much, so she redesigned him in white. But, since I could watch the whole thing on her website, I always knew exactly where my doll was (or parts thereof ^^).

It was like getting to watch them be born! And, it made me appreciate what it actually takes to create one of these incredible dolls. I love when she posts pics of the trays of heads, or the ghostly little casting-tanks with body parts coolinng in them, or my favorite blog pic ever was the huge pile of sandpaper that was required to sand 1 Lotus Near. XD She always keeps you updated, and her communications are always so nice.

So don't worry about the 6-month wait estimate.... the last thing you want is for her to rush the job, right? You can't hurry exquisiteness. :truffle:

20. Just got my invoice and paid my first installment. >_< Even for one doll I had to use layaway. But super excited that my trio will finally be complete!