1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DD-Anne Discussion part 2

Jul 23, 2011

1. It WAS her! :fangirl:

Sadly the chair arrived in pieces with only one leg still attached, and I'm pretty sure my order had the shortest distance to travel.
      I'm fearing they might all end up broken, which is going to mean extra work for DD-Anne - some of the legs appear to have a clean break so they can be repaired with glue I think, but others have torn the paint away with it it seems. Haven't taken all the wrapping off the chair to find out as I'll probably have to send it back.

The good news though is that my March Hare is AMAZING.
      She's such a unique little doll! So creepy and adorable all wrapped up in one little package.
      I love her strangeness so much, I'm not even opening her clothes and wig and such just yet. She is just going to sit being naked, eyebrow-less, and weird for a little while until I'm on vacation and can spend time getting her dressed up/
      She really is AMAZING though! :aheartbea

2. Here's one quick picture!:aheartbea

I ended up dressing her after all!:sweat

[​IMG]

3. :fangirl: Congratulations!! Wow! March Hare is indeed a weird little girl, in the finest tradition of DD-Anne's weird little girls. I can already see the hairnets & dress are amazing-- and that faceup!!-- but what I'm waiting to see is a picture of those whipped-cream ears. Did you get a picture of them? :abambi: Of all the weird concept props that Anne has come up with, I think the cream ears might be the weirdest. Gotta see em.

And that is SO sad about the chair! ;; Well, maybe Anne will start investing in better packaging for the chairs, once she's seen that the current packaging can't even make it to Tokyo in one piece. I was eager to see that too, but that's best left wrapped up till you can send it back for a replacement. I don't know anyone else who's ordered Anne's furniture accessories, so I'll be waiting eagerly along with you for its return.

4. Aww, that's really terrible about the chair. >_< They're so lovely, especially all painted up; hopefully it was just a fluke, but I can imagine that being a huge amount of time and expense for her if not.

But your girl is fantastic! So cute. *-* I am super excited in the hopes that mine will make it home soon, too, even though she has a much longer distance to travel. I saw she said on her Flickr that the packages were all being picked up on the 13th, and I didn't get a tracking number either, so I was already starting to suspect it would be a surprise arrival. XD

5. Oh no!! How awful that it broke! I am worried how mine will hold up coming all the way to the US then.... I got the table and one chair, but I don't know if mine will be in this batch or not.... it might be in the second round of Hare's. At any rate, your girl is beautiful!

6. Of course I've heard back from her and she's going to fix the chair for me!
      She was lovely about it too, so I'll be sending it back!:)

Here's a quick photo of the CANDY EARS on my crazy dresser covered in stuff!
      I have to say, it was probably those ears that attracted me to her! I'm obsessed with sweets deco stuff so they're just perfect!:aheartbea

[​IMG]

7. That's great! Terriffic service, as always - I don't know any artist or company who takes such good post-sale of her customers as Anne does. <3

Waaa, so there are the notorious cream ears!! :D They go perfectly with all the other toy candies/sweets you have on your dresser. What a bizarre and wondrous touch, and what details. What did she use for the cream, paperclay or Sculpey? - put into a pastry-tube & piped out into shapes? And it looks like the headband is made of cake/cookie, or something. And what is that pinning her scarf shut, a cluster of jam tarts in card-suit shapes? Really amazing work.

I really like that slightly world-weary, young-old expression on that little girl's face. ^^

8. My Hare made it home last night! :D She's so fantastic, I am positively thrilled to have her here.

I haven't transferred the images from the camera yet, but I'll try to post a box-opening this evening after work!

9. Congrats! I am hoping mine will be shipped out soon...

Edit: AH! I just checked my email and DD-Anne just sent a message saying she is about to send out my Hare and confirming my shipping address! >_< So excited!

Malaryush, did you order the table or chairs? Just wondering if everything made it to safely?

10. No, I didn't order any of the furniture, so I can't report on anything there. As much as I'd have loved to - they're positively gorgeous - I just couldn't manage it, financially. I only had the Hare in the order; the outer and inner boxes were both a bit dented, but all the contents were safe.

Oh, and because I forgot to say - congratulations on the pre-shipping notice! :D I hope everything speeds home to you safely!

11. Thank you! >_< I am hoping for a speedy (buy SAFE) arrival. I would still love for her to make here in April to fit her name but she would have to be super quick to make it by then! I am a little anxious though since I did order furniture with her.... hopefully the post people won't knock her around too much. I am glad that everything was safe on your end (even if you didn't get the furniture.) I look forward to seeing your pics of her!

12. My DD-Anne March Hare arrived along with table and chairs and all is well. Dd-Anne packs everything carefully so if anything breaks it is likely the result of post or customs.

Also, Dd-anne has posted a tutorial to help you assemble the chairs and table for those who ordered the furniture unfinished and unpainted. It is quite easy. You can find it on flickr and it is likely she is offering it on her website too.

I am thrilled with March Hare and think that this chapter of Alice is the most incredible ever!

MidniteStar7, your new girl is incredible. Congratulations!

13. Aw, Mimir is so cute! I absolutely adore that dress! ^-^

My March Hare has been shipped! I have a tracking number!! I am so excited, I can't wait until she gets here! >_<

14. Hasel, oh, Mimir is wonderful in this dress :aheartbea

and I'm waiting my Tenten II now :D I will show her photos here when she will have arrived ))

15. my Tenten II (Tina)
      [​IMG]

16. Waiting for my next DD-anne tiny Neare to arrive ^^ excited. It is going to be a twin sibling for my other Tiny Neare.

17. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy everyone's photos of DD-Anne's dolls. I love the concepts behind her dolls and also the amazing attention to detail. I love watching her progress photos on Flickr and seeing the dedication that goes into every fullset. I think March Hare is my favourite ...or the Cheshire Cat... I can't decide!

I'd love to own one of her dolls, but for the time being I've just ordered a chair! :D I hope I can paint it half as well as DD-Anne!

18. Her furniture is really quite excellent-looking... I don't think there's anything she can't make (and make beautifully). :D

I wish I had more space for furniture over here-- I'd get Santiago and Bruno one of those checkerboard tables for them to meditate on!

[​IMG]

19. Hasel an Alsi, I love your tinies! What a lovely dress Mimir has and Tina is just precious! I have a Tenten but no pictures right now. I do have a photo of tiny Lii though:

[​IMG]