1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine Dear Pet, Classic 20cm & Beans 12cm Anthros Discussion Part 3

Jun 11, 2016

1. Oh my, that picture is too cute. :kitty2

@sistercuervo - very interesting comparison pic! It looks like the new Cheese mouse body is even shorter than the old cheese mouse body. I'll have to compare my mice to my Beans, as I didn't think the Beans were taller than them. Do you happen to have the old cm body? I'd be so curious to see them compared.

2. I'm so sorry, but I don't have the old CM body. I really like this one, as it's very stable as far as standing. Those big ole feet really help. The Beans' tiny feet sure do make it tough to stand them up, even though they are super cute.

3. No worries! I should be able to ascertain what I want to know by comparing my cm to a Bean. One of my Bean's is super floppy, so getting him to stand is not easy, but my other one is way tighter. Those tiny Bean feet are adorable, but definitely not real helpful in getting them to stand.

The new cm body doesn't look as strange as I had expected, with the bunny-esque feet. It's really cute, actually!

4. I ordered my Picasso classic yesterday! Woo. I'm excited. And also...... I want her here already. I've wanted one for months and finally was able to order so having to wait more I guess won't be too bad. I guess.

What other clothing can fit on the classic Picasso size? I figure I'll probably end up having to make some of my own stuff if I want more. Though the default outfit is super cute too.

5. I've just ordered my Q Bean in peach skin! I'm super excited, this is the first BJD doll I have bought in years. I knew I had to get him as soon as I read the announcement for the spring event, Iove bunnies and pink is my favourite colour!

This is my first 1:12 scaled doll so I'll probably have to make clothes for him at some point. I do own a few miniatures that are the perfect size though! I'm excited to be able to use them again as well!

6. Congrats on your first BJD :). Q is really cute, love the resin color.

7. It actually won't be my first BJD :). I've had two since I was a teenager, but I took a long break from the hobby so I haven't had a new doll for a long time.

I guess in a sense it will be my first BJD since my return to the hobby. :lol:

8. The Q's are adorable!!! Congrats!

9. Q is such a cutey! I love the big floppy ears! Congrats!

I wonder why they went with that name for tge sculpt though.

10. I'm a firm believer there can be multiple "firsts" ;).

I just think about how hard it will be to search for! I've always raised my eyebrow at weird sculpt names... DikaDoll AAAAA comes to mind.

11. Right? I tried looking up for other Q owners to see more pictures but it just wouldn't come up. I figured that I would need to see the doll for myself!

Lavender skin bean Picasso is super adorable! I also love this colour so it was very tempting to get him as well. Unfortunately, I just had the funds for one. This isn't the first time they've released this colour though, so I'm hopeful that it'll come back at some point.

I'll make sure to share pictures of Q when he arrives!

12. Maybe someone's pet bunny at Dearmine is named Q? But yes, sculpt names can be very odd! Dearmine usually has some cute names for their sculpts... (maybe it's short for Q-T-bunny?) :cool:

13. I feel there's been some interest in my suggestion of wiring dear pet legs to fix the problem where they can't hold any pose but directly together. Since I was wiring up my newly arrived Lily tonight I put together a rather huge tutorial on how I did it. I'll just link to my site as I think there's only one photo allowed in this section.

Plus if anything is especially unclear on my site you can draw a box on a photo and attach a comment (if you're registered) if you need or want anything clarified.

Wiring and Stringing a Dear Mine Dear Pet

Hopefully it helps at least a little.

#194 scripple, Apr 6, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    14. Amazing tutorial @scripple ! Bookedmarked for later. Also, cheers to both of our Lilys :kitty2

15. Thanks for the tutorial, @scripple ! It's very helpful! I think I find photos a lot easier to understand. Also the extra details, like filing down the ends is something I wouldn't have thought of. :3nodding:

#197 april, Apr 6, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    16. Thanks @april . I hope it helps a few dear pets out there better express themselves. :celebrate

17. I have to resuede Jin when I get home in August, so I'm definitely keeping this in mind - I'd be willing to try something new instead of attempting to slather glue into new places. His ankles are his weak spot right now :lol: I may even do a combo of things once I see how its all going to go so thank you!

18. I suede the shoulders, hips, wrists, and ankles before I wire them. I'm not sure the sueded hips really do much, but I sueded before I started wiring and the wrists and ankles definitely benefit so I figure why not while I'm doing the rest.