1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine Dear Pet, Classic 20cm & Beans 12cm Anthros Discussion Part 3

Jun 11, 2016

1. Not the best of photos, but here's my little Pekoe, Koneko (showing off some of my swag from the recent JordanCon). It took a while but she finally has a name! BTW, is anyone else experiencing difficulty keeping their DM pet's tail attached? I'm guessing it's the clothing, but I stopped trying to keep it attached.

[​IMG]

2. Yeah the magnets aren't really strong enough to work through many clothes. I just insert another rare earth magnet either between clothes layers or if there's only one layer right on top of the magnet in the doll to increase the magnet strength and hold the tail.

3. Hey all, minor emergency here: has anyone ever not been able to get their Dearpet's head off? For some reason I cannot separate Jin's head from the plate on the bottom and I'm not sure what's wrong. There's clear space there but its like once side is somehow holding on. There shouldn't be anything inside that made it sticky because I can feel it move about at the connection - its not being held into place by something. I'm fearing it might be the magnet inside. The entire reason I was trying to get his head off was because of a magnet under his shirt that needs to be reglued (and now another one on his head for ears OTL). I'm afraid if the two magnets aren't being held into their spots, maybe they're blocking the space needed to get the tongue groove disconnected at the other end!

I was thinking maybe I'd have to give in and try to undo the tension, forcing me to restring him, but I don't know if that'll give enough leeway because he's not tightly strung by any means. Its been quite some time since I took his head off, so I can't fathom what I must have done the last time I had to reconnect it! Any insights?

Editing this for a quick picture, there's not much I can show off, but there's room to move between these two pieces. Yet trying to remove the head like normal only allows me to get this far:
      [​IMG]Dearmine Head Stuck by HeavensChaos, on Flickr

#203 HeavensChaos, May 2, 2018
      Last edited: May 3, 2018
    4. I really don't see how the magnets could be a problem. There's nothing for them to hang on even if they were out of place. I've had some come unglued and it's never caused a problem with opening the head. All mine are the newer DP but I don't think the heads changed.

They can sometimes seem hard to get off. Just in case you're "doing it wrong" remember the tongue and groove is in the front near the chin. So to open the head put your nail in the groove it's close to in your photo to hold the base plate down and then pull the head off by lifting the back of of head up and towards the face.

If that's what you're doing and it's really stuck then I guess you could get something soft like a q-tip and try to push the eyes into the head so you can look inside. Unstringing it only makes it harder to remove in my experience as you can't pull on the s-hook/elastic to separate the base from the top of the head.

5. I brought up the magnets because I was thinking they could be loose but not fully falling out - that's usually the state I find them in when they need to be re-glued. I've also had magnets corrode and be weird before so I don't really put anything passed them.

I have a dearlover and pulled his head off the next day to double check how they go together since its pretty much the same (and to double check all his magnets because I may as well fix them now you know?) so I know that I'm not pulling at it the wrong way. It just doesn't give and I've never had this much of an issue getting either Jin or Leo's head off. I really don't know what to do.

6. As for unstringing, can you pull the feet off first? That will give you slack in the lines at least.
      I had a couple of other dolls that had heads that refused to open, and I got a good start on at least seeing what the problem was by taking the feet off and unstringing everything that way. Good luck! I hope you're able to get that open without any damage to you or the doll!

7. @aernath He's got hooks in his feet to hold his leg string, and since he's so loose right now I would totally have the slack to get at it with some clamp help. That said, I'm still stuck on this magnet idea. Is there anyone who might be able to report how flush the head magnets are to the resin? I've got a feeling about how much magnet I can see. It just really looks like too much. I wish I'd thought to ever take a picture inside of Jin's head!

....Actually, I did. Holy crap I have one from his box opening.They're supposed to be flush, but I can see a lot of the magnet in the gap. I know it sounds dumb, but I may literally have a magnet problem. Speaking from experience they can be loose but still more or less stuck into place until forced enough - but I don't think there's enough room for this one to get pushed out, its running up against the resin piece potentially?

8. Maybe you can manipulate it with more (and bigger) magnets outside the head? Try and get the inside one back to flush? Dunno. Sounds like you've figured out what's going on at least. That's a start!

9. Have you ever wondered if $1 easter basket filler barbie shirts would fit a Dear Pet? The Results May Surprise You (mind the cellphone camera quality pics and other dolls on the shelf >w>)
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Silliness aside, I'm finding my poor Basil (thats the Air in those pics) to be a bit stiff. His head likes to tilt down, I can hardly get his body to slide, and his right (our left) leg keeps turning sliightly inward. I'm sure some restringing would do the trick but I've never restrung him before and I'm a little nervous ;; any tips?

10. Oh congrats! The shirt looks great on him! Jin's only pair of pants are actually for Ken dolls - they're supposed to be shorts but they don't fit like that!

[​IMG]Rawr Jin by HeavensChaos, on Flickr The shirt that came with them fit awful - Ken if my memory serves me right is wider than Barbie, but the shorts were fantastic. And apologies, this is from before I got Jin his eyes, he looks so odd here.

I've taken Jin apart to hot glue suede him. Its not too difficult over all. My biggest problem was getting the final leg back on. I don't know if they work the exact same in the hoof versions of the legs, but the paws have a little hook 'button' that slips in from the bottom that holds the string. I was able to get the first one on with no problem but ended up needing help from someone else to get the second one on because there wasn't enough slack left. He was fairly tight when I first got him. Otherwise, Dearpets don't have too many little fiddly pieces in their bodies (at least the originals! I think the new bodies are fully double jointed? Judging by official pictures only) so you don't have to keep track of as much or have them turning around on the string when you need to pull the elastic out for things. That was a problem when I restrung my puki....

I left his arms alone though, so I'm not sure if there's anything special or fiddly about restringing those!

11. Mmmm, now I'm going to have to go through my old Barbie clothing stash and see if anything fits my Pekoe. :)

12. I figured I ought to wire Basil while I had him unstrung and his arms can hold poses like a dream now! But... turns out I'm a couple inches shy on elastic and I was hoping my dad would give me a ride to the local craft store (the weather is awful and I'm outta cash so I can't really ride the bus today) but he fell asleep and the store closes early today =w=;

That aside I had a bit of a scare where one of the ankle s-hooks came loose and I thought it was gone for good for a little while, since DearMine seems to be out of stock for those does anyone have any backup sites/listings/stores that they use for such an occasion, or do they come back in stock pretty frequently? I managed to find the dang thing after taking a break but... Yeah

13. Oooh, okay that definitely makes it sound like Air's hooves (or maybe your Air is just that much newer!) don't run like my Jin's paws. My Oz is from 2012, his feet hooks are resin. I have no idea if Dearmine comes back with their regular s-hooks, but there should be a few places you could get them if you know the right size! At least, it always sounds that way when I'm perusing the rest of the forums. I hope someone's got an answer for you there!

14. Hi guys! I was super lucky to become the owner of a Lupy recently! She's super super cute, I'm so elated. Has anyone had any luck either finding shoes for the Beans/getting them to stand at all? They seem a little top heavy.

15. Parabox makes some boots for the obitsu 11 cm dolls that you can shove dear bean feet into and it allows them to stand. They're still top heavy though so I wouldn't consider them overly stable even with the boots. The boots have magnets on the bottom which I've not really tried to see if they're strong enough to help them stand on metal surfaces.

16. @HeavensChaos I remembered to take a picture of one of the hooves before I finished restringing Basil, if you were curious
      [​IMG]
      That little hook is such a pain >>

17. I was curious, thank you so much! Hmm, I wonder if I could get some clamps to to show how Jin's work. Its very interesting to know how the hooved dearpets work!

18. [​IMG]Jin's Head is getting fixed now by HeavensChaos, on Flickr

Great news! I got Jin's head off! It turns out I didn't necessarily need a magnet. I had the idea that if I could just get something inside and between the two magnets I would be able to get his head off and I was right. Slips of paper weren't strong enough (even a spare birthday card I had on hand didn't work) and it wasn't open enough to get a toothpick in, though I tried. Eventually, because I couldn't let him sit like this for months, I decided if I was careful and just poked with a really dull butter knife I'd at least know if there was enough space. There was. It slipped between the magnets perfectly and his head popped right off.

So take note, the upper magnet in a Dearpet's head (and probably all the rest of the lines too) is the main thing that helps keep that head on. I've checked now that's it out xD In my case, that top magnet came loose and there wasn't enough space for it to come out while attached to the lower magnet. Separating the two really was key! I hope no one else ends up with this problem, but now I'm going to be paranoid over that set of magnets in both Jin and my Dearlover, Leo.

19. [​IMG]

here is my dear pet oz, Anglade, in all his wildly unkempt hair glory, looking nice and pastel! i'm loving the gray skin a lot. :aheartbea after seeing @scripple's great tutorial i want to wire and re-string him for better poses but i'm a little scared to try since this is my first doll!

20. Sadly the tutorial is no more, but I find they're a lot more fun when you can actually pose them how you want. It's really not that hard to wire them.