1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine Dear Pet, Classic 20cm & Beans 12cm Anthros Discussion Part 3

Jun 11, 2016

1. @RinSetsua is that a doll for this year? So cute! I love the little beans they make <3

2. That bunny might convince me to finally get a DearMine Bean! Though I do pine over a Lupy...

3. Haha, it certainly is a different look! :XD:

4. Dearmine posted on their instagram what looks to be the Winter Seasonal Bean. Hope this link works. Here

5. Wow! He looks amazing.

6. @SaltedPretzel I know!! I've bean wanting a little bean for a while but... I'm not sure if I can get this little guy. Very cute though!! Look at that little robe <3

7. Yeah, unfortunately I'm all outta cash for a while... Maybe though.

8. This year is starting off as a bjd purchasing spree! After seeing the 2018 winter Bean at Fabric Fiends and Dolls, I decided to add him to my cat collection as I wanted a Bean anyway. He’s a fullset, which I normally don’t go for, but to get the orange resin, it had to be.

9. Beans can be tricky to dress, and their fullsets are really nice quality imo. Congrats!

10. @RinSetsua thank you! Bean’s are so cute, I’ll be adding more in the future.

My Bean has arrived, but since the post has been so slow, I didn’t track him, expecting him to take awhile and he showed up yesterday! I have to wait until Tuesday to pick him up as Monday is a federal holiday.

11. Hey all! So I've been on hiatus from the doll community for a while due to life stuff but in the meantime three real axolotls joined my family! I help out my local breeder and love my little axolotls so much. I collect a bunch of axolotl themed stuff (pins, stuffed animals, clothes, etc) and when I found out that there was an axolotl BJD? OH NO.

Dearmine had a soda skin Bean Lupy left in stock (though they won't have the downward facing gill stalks). I've posted to the waiting room as well but wanted to share my concept plans for my little axolotl! I have an axolotl character named Fen Fen and I want to turn them into a little "Mini!Fen" so to speak! I plan to add some extra gill fluff as well since I like my lotls with extra fluffy gills!

Anyway, here is the mockup for Mini!Fen
      [​IMG]

And lastly - if anyone can provide help with:
      • eye size? (Dearmine says 12mm in one listing and 14mm in another, what are you using in yours?)
      • where to get clothing (outside of Dearmine) or what other dolls have clothes that fit the Bean size!
      • if anyone does dioramas, what scale do they work well at? I assume 1:12 scale but I worry they're extra tiny
      • If anyone has a Fairyland pukifee and/or realfee as well as Lupy, could you take a photo of the lupy head on/near those bodies?

12. @SmoteyMote your concept art is adorable! I love the outfit! My Lupy came with eyes from Dearmine, which was a surprise as I ordered him blank, and I think they are 12mm. I’m looking forward to seeing your axolotl here.

As for clothing, the Bean body is much thicker than Obitsu 11cm, and I’ve heard they are hard to find clothes for.
      Mine is not wearing clothes as I haven’t even looked for anything yet.

My Beans are roughly the same height as my Nendoroid dolls, who are 1/12th dollhouse scale. Just the Bean heads are even bigger than Nendoroids! Sylvanian Family furniture works really well as it is designed for dolls with short legs and fits the Beans. Hope this helps!

13. Wonderful, thank you! It's a bummer that it's hard to find clothes but I am planning to attempt sewing some :scared: so we'll see how that goes.

I saw that the nendoroids were about the same height - would you be willing to snap a photos of yours side by side? I'd love to see the comparison!

14. @SmoteyMote sure! Here you go!

[​IMG]DearMine Beans, Nendoroids, and Realpuki by SD Hampton, on Flickr

Lupy (Luffy) is wearing a Blythe sized hoodie just so he has something to wear, and the orange cat (Ember) is wearing his fullset from DearMine. The FL Realpuki (Genji) is there because he hangs out with my Nendoroids (Ban and Arthur).

#674 kurogane, Jan 21, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    15. @kurogane Thank you so much! Do you think the Beans would fit into Nendroid clothes?!

16. @SmoteyMote maybe, if the clothes are stretchy. The Beans are much wider in the torso and hips than Nendoroids. None of the Nendoroid clothes I have are big enough without being really tight.

17. @kurogane - good to know! I saw a few Nendroid size kimono I liked and those might work until I get something sewn!

I'm still considering modding them to be on one of the fairyland bodies just for ease of finding clothes and posing ability.

edit: Dearmine shipped and they're ALREADY IN NY?! oh my gosh - I might get them next week even?!

#677 SmoteyMote, Jan 21, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    18. @SmoteyMote congratulations! I hope they get out of customs quickly! I think a Nendoroid kimono would fit.

19. They're already in New York?! Like I went directly through Dearmine so I know this isn't a scam but :?

ETA says Saturday the 23rd so I uh.... may have photos to share sooner than I expected!

20. ..... They arrived today?!

I'll get a box opening up later but AHHH!

I need to get different eyes though but here's a shot in hand!

[​IMG]Hello! by Resinlings, on Flickr