1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine Dear Pet, Classic 20cm & Beans 12cm Anthros Discussion Part 3

Jun 11, 2016

1. Hello!
      I can't believe I've never paid attention to Dearmine until yesterday. Their dolls are wonderful!
      I've seen a lot of beans in this thread, and they are extremely cute :whee: but the bigger ones seems nice too.
      Which one do you guys like the most? What size do you reccomend?

2. I have several Dearmine in different sizes. I would say, go with what you are most comfortable with. If you have other dolls in the general size, they might be able to share clothing, etc. My DL's share clothes with my slim mini's; the DP are pretty much a size by themselves, but are very poseable; DB is a bit top heavy, but the new body looks like it solves that problem. I can't pick a favorite. Just go for it.

3. Oh wow, thanks for sharing! Or on behalf of my wallet, maybe not. I'd probably own an army of beans by now if they weren't so impossibly wobbly on their ridiculously teeny feet...but now I see a lot more of them in my future...

4. Super excited for the new beans actually >_>

5. I’m up to four beans now. I thought just having one would be adequate, but no, who am I kidding? They are so small and adorable!

6. They multiply rapidly; I speak from experience. xD

7. New tiny Companion doll in brown skin with her WS friend
      [​IMG]

8. So cute! I kinda wish I had been able to get one in brown to go with my other Salt. I will have to be content with seeing your photos. :)

9. Ah, I love them! I had to struggle a lot not to get one, the timing was just bad.
      Maybe next time!

10. I just bought my first bean:). Dollyteria suddenly had a Lupin bean in stock for a very nice price so I pounced^^. I already have a Classic Lupin (encore ver.), now I'll have the bean version too. I'm really hoping I can find another Classic Lupin some day though, my Humphrey needs his wife;).

11. Lucky!

I never knew they came in bean size! Can you post a pic when they arrive?

Does anyone else have a bean LUPIN that they can put next to a regular one? I'd love to see the size difference. :XD:

Ryu

#771 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Nov 17, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    12. Little Lupin is here already O.O. Barely 5 days including a weekend through DHL Express, color me impressed. He's so cute^^. Needs a restring, but that was to be expected with a 4 year old, secondhand doll.

[​IMG]Dearmine Lupin Bean by jefvonk, on Flickr

And as promised a pic with bean Lupin next to classic Lupin^^. Classic Lupin's dress is the Halloween Witch dress that I found on Mandarake from the 2016 Dollism Plus Tokyo Picasso cool ver.

13. How cute are they! I love them together in their outfits :love

14. Oh wow, he's seriously cute in the bean size! It's a lot of fun to see the two different sizes together too, they certainly make an interesting pair :D (Also yay for super speedy delivery!)

15. OMG...incredibly cute! Love the way he's hanging onto your thumb. :D

16. Oh he's adorable, congratulations!

17. [​IMG]
      Look Ma! No Stands!

I picked up the new Dear Mine Dear Bean Body version 2 for my little Oz Bean here along with the bee outfit.

The new body finally provides beans with the ability to stand up without the use of a stand or leaning against something. The knee and ankle joints are greatly improved. The legs no longer kind of wobble around under clothes.

The elbow joints are also improved and now have a ledge to lock them at either straight or 90 degrees. They'll hold other poses sometimes too basically typical of how I feel about most strung dolls. I'll probably still wire them as I like arms to easily stay at any angle.

It's so nice to have him stand on his own though. That was by far the Dear Bean's biggest weakness to me. The new ankles are really stable so it's just a matter of adjusting them to get the balance right. It's actually pretty easy on a hard surface but I don't see any success on carpet or the like. I even had a very hard time getting it to stand on something with the give of a typical mouse pad feel although I did manage it. I wouldn't expect a lot of dynamic poses either. That big head is still a lot of weight for such tiny feet.

Some caution to anyone looking to upgrade. Right now they're only selling the upgrades in the cat body. I don't think you could get the new body and swap for the dragon/axolotl/bat claws or sheep hooves and still have it stand as I don't think you'd get the great ankle fit. Also the butt sculpt has changed slightly so old tails don't quite fit right. They'll hang on but there's some gaps. Not an issue if your bean is wearing clothes though.

Just figured people here might be interested in reading about the new body.

18. Thank you for sharing a review! I'm looking forward to my (inevitable) future Beans having this new body. :XD:

19. Thanks for the info and review @scripple. I was curious how the new body differed from the old so it's really helpful :)