1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine DearLover Mini 40cm Discussion Part 3

Jul 8, 2016

1. Thanks. He's been on the watch list for a long time and the right circumstances finally came together. Happy to have him.

I have dolls in lots of scales so size isn't that important to me, but for resin I generally prefer 1/4 scale. The extra weight of SD and up really makes it more of a struggle to me to get them into poses I like.

That's a really nice kimono on Tsukito.

2. @scripple - I love my SDs. I find that they can take a little more effort to pose depending on the doll, but they just feel so weighty and...real(?) It's hard to explain.
      Thank you! It's actually his default yukata. He has a couple other that I rotate seasonally. At some point I'd like to try and get him just something nice and casual, but the legs make things a little tricky.

@chibi-kagu - It's a pretty fun way to pass the time. :)

3. Gosh she is very pretty! The tiny little sheep are incredibly cute too! :D
      Tsukito celebrated six years with me yesterday. So I took him out for photos but it was so cold and windy that we high-tailed it home pretty quickly.

[​IMG]IMG20200613165628 by Liz, on Flickr

4. He’s gorgeous.

5. Thank you @Dakashy! He might not be one of my most photographed dolls, but he's definitely the one who gets most cuddles and chill time. :)

6. Hi everyone!! I think this is my first time posting to this thread!!

I recently received my Oskar and Koon (both cocoa skin fullsets, Somnium and Toxic, respectively), and I love my new boys!! I do have some questions, though, if you don't mind sharing your knowledge!!

[​IMG]

I'm okay with my Oskar's hair being wild, as I think it suits him, but I want to slick my Koon's wig down so that it lays more flat. I think it would look better if I did that for him. Do you guys have any tips for that? He came with a standard short black faux fur wig and while I've sort of tamed it with a metal wig comb, I think it could lay more properly. Also, I'm wondering if anyone has outfitted their boys in more human-like hair wigs. Does it work for them? If you have examples, show me please!!

Another question I have is about eyes!! The random eyes my Koon came with are a bit lacking. They're 16mm, quite round, and slightly irregular. Do you have any suggestions for eyes?

The last question I have is about clothing!! Apart from DearMine's official line, do you make your own clothes or do you find that standard MSD-sized clothing works well for them, apart from shoes?

Thanks for reading!! I hope to talk with you and see more beautiful DearLovers soon!! I'm waiting for the day they release another Vivien sculpt, because I was too late to snatch her during her release last December!!

7. @DayofDiana - Congratulations! :D They looks great!
      To answer some of your questions, you can use a (clean) soft toothbrush, similar to ones children would use to better brush through the faux fur wigs. If that doesn't work, there's a good chance a simple yarn wig would work for him.
      My Oskar still has his default eyes so uh...I can't really help there. :sweat
      Standard MSD clothing will fit them, stretchy Minifee tops will also fit them (but you need to remove their hands first), standard MSD pants also fit as long as they're stretchy or baggy because of their oddly shaped calves. I've never bothered with shoes for my guy, but he does have a set of sandals and matching feet with the toe gap. I just need to paint them up before I give them to him.

8. Oh I just love the beast hands and feet of the boy Dear Mines! I wish the girls would have something similar. They do have cat like feet but no beast hands.

[​IMG]

Here's my lavender Priscilla with Dollmore Pink Catish girl.
      I wonder if DM is ever going to release more dear lover line dolls in special skintone (not including grey or tan).... I've been waiting for years!

9. Perhaps if they got enough interest they might consider releasing some new, funky resin colours.
      Your girls are super sweet! :D

10. I'd adore a Cool Heather in Ash or brown. She's my favorite female sculpt and they haven't made any in ages.

11. I would love one of the DearLover cat boys in black, I have such a soft spot for black cats :D But I’ve only seen the Pets in black. I think darker resins can be tricky?

12. It’s harder to blush and I've seen black resin and it doesn’t age well. That being said it was Soom doll so take that into consideration.

13. Interesting! I would have assumed yellowing would be less of an issue in a dark color but that just shows what I know. But I can see how blushing would be an issue, maybe not a true black but a charcoal or dark gray? I could always blush darker. Or maybe one day I'll have enough disposable income to buy a white doll and try dying it a darker color :sweat

14. I have some Soom black resin, and yes, it is very tricky to blush, hence why I think DearMine is playing it safe and only making smaller dolls. Depending on how they make their resin also means it may or may not look good once sanded (seam lines, etc.). My Soom guy has rough-ish edges, but that's also because their resin isn't a solid colour. DollShe has a black Honey resin they call Espresso Ebony and because of their funky semi-translucent formula it means the resin sands much better (and also has inbuilt UV-protect). So...I guess you could ask DearMine directly if they'd ever consider it?
      A black cat in Dear Lover size would be pretty cute...and they have done grey resins before at the very least in this size...

15. Is anyone else getting Arthur L.? :D I just started a layaway for him! :dance I didn't think I would want any of the boys, but was tempted the moment I saw him on Instagram. I think he'll be my Vivien L.'s little brother.

16. Has anyone had a shipping notice for their Priscilla’s yet? It’s been 3 months now and I’m getting sick of the wait.

17. I was tempted when I saw him on Instagram, but I'm not sure if my budget will stretch that far haha. His details are beautiful! Congrats!

18. I'm about 3 months in on my Lorenz bean order, too. It's about time for items to be shipping out from the late June/July orders, so things should be moving out soon, I think!

I don't think Dearmine takes more than 3-4 months, generally.