1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine DearLover Mini 40cm Discussion Part 3

Jul 8, 2016

1. Ooh yes red eyes would look awesome! Both of my DearMine boys are white resin, but I would dearly love one in milk tea or cocoa. And a Bean in every colour of the rainbow! :D (My heart says yes, but my wallet says no).

2. Wow I've been away from the boards way too long - away from my dolls too long too (metaphorically speaking). I'm jumping back into the hobby and I've got a question for everyone with a DearLover boy!

I would love to make, or get, my Leo some more clothing, but I'm always daunted by his hands and feet. I don't have much experience with things like elastic, though I'd be willing to learn but I was wondering if anyone who does have some tighter clothing on their DearLover boy's felt like sharing their ways of getting them on, considering the size of the hands and feet. I've only ever taking Leo's hands off one, to put his full set outfit on when he first arrived, but its daunting to do alone so a suggestion or two on how to keep him strung while getting him into some more form fitting clothing would be totally appreciated.

I need to take new pictures soon, it would be so nice to share again! Its lovely to see everyone's dolls!

3. @HeavensChaos - I've gotten Nocturne into a top made for a Minifee, the arm holes are not stretchy at all, it just took a lot of careful maneuvering and patience to get it on.

4. @Quiet and Insane

Well I'll keep that in mind as I look at clothes and cloth, but its not useful for his fullset - the Creature Claw Oskar top has tight sleeves and cuffs and I wouldn't be able to slip his hands through if I wanted to. The first time I got him into it I actually left marks on the wrist ball by doing it incorrectly. At least, I'm assuming incorrectly. Does anyone else have an inability to pull the string through the wrist or ankle ball? When I first got Leo I thought I was supposed to be able to rest the S Hook in the ball on what appeared to be a groove for it but the string can't slip through to do so. Is that actually a thing or I am just not looking at it right?

5. I didn't know that was something even possible. I've not actually heard of anything like it. Most curious.

6. The resting the s-hook in the wrist and ankle balls is a thing. Dearmine lists it in their FAQ somewhere, I think in the post about assembling the DL boy body. You just have to pull hard enough to get the string through. The problem is the wrist balls are pretty thin so there's some risk of one cracking when you pull the string through to lock it in place. (One did crack on me.) The size of the slit varies from ball to ball as well, probably because the parts are thin so they're not so uniform when removed from the mold.

I've moved to using the LUTS clothes changing parts rather than relying on locking the s-hooks in the wrist and ankle balls.

7. @Quiet and Insane Well I guess I asked the hard question then!

@scripple I thought so. In my case I've been way too afraid to tug too hard and can't remember if I did try to get them through when I had them all clipped off with a clamp once or had meant to and never managed it. I haven't found any place selling clothes changing parts, though I remember seeing them on Luts' site once but they've done product shifts since then, so I figured I could ask about at least a little for some other ideas. I'll keep this in mind though, I'm glad to know I wasn't imagining it even if I feel iffy about trying it. Thanks!

8. @scripple - After over three years in the hobby, how on earth have I only just found out about this method? :o Ok, I've totally got to give this a go on the weekend! I have hand changing paddles for my bigger guys, but I really should try and find some of the Luts ones for my smaller guys. I know they've reshuffled the site since I last visited, and I'm fairly certain they're sold out of those parts. I might email them anyway and ask.

9. This is what I use.

Welcome to LUTS - Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company

They are currently sold out on LUTS, but they may come back at some point. It would be pretty trivial to make your own using some instamorph or similar and some spare s-hooks.

10. Thanks for that!

11. Someones red eyes came in! <3

[​IMG]

12. Oh wow, they look awesome! :D A perfect match for his wig.

13. Very handsome, those eyes are definitely a nice match!

14. Thank you guys! I'm so glad I got the red eyes!

15. Hey, does anybody know what I can do to get flat feet for my Irene? The ones on their sight are out of stock, and I don't know what other company perhaps has other feet I can use that would fit the ankle size and the normal skin color... Any help in my search would be appreciated :whee:

16. They're not the prettiest for bare feet because of the gap between the big toe and other toes, but you can use the DL girl's geta feet from Dear Mine.

17. I'm afraid they don't offer those in normal skin tone :...(

18. Sorry @Tora Youkai. I was thinking white normal. You could ask them via the Q&A if they could help you out. They only answer the English version once a week though due to lack of English proficient staff.

19. I'm sure you can email DearMine and ask? Or put up a message on their Q&A board?

20. i would definitely ask on dearmine's q&a board first.
      but if that doesn't pan out, imo dearmine's white normal matches bluefairy's beauty white very well (not 100%, but maybe around 90-95%%), so their normal skin might possibly match as well? although bluefairy can be a bit inconsistent in their NS.... but i think they've gotten better lately. :P

if i had any normal skin from dearmine i would gladly do a comparison but i only have their pure white, normal white, and cocoa. :(
      but yeah, bluefairy, they sell a variety of feet. it looks like the tiny fairy (msd) feet aren't sold flat anymore though? i swear they used to be. maybe i should inquire... o_o

you might be able to get away with the shiny fairy jr. feet parts, if the ankles are the same as the anthro msds?
      about ankle size, i'm not quite clear if the anthro and human ankles are the same and it's just the feet that are different? i only have the anthros from dearmine, atm.

in any case, you would also probably need the compatibility ankle balls they (bluefairy) sell.
      that's what came to mind for me anyway, there's probably something much easier and with less runaround.

[​IMG]
      here's a comparison if it helps at all. tiny headcap is bluefairy normal skin, below it is deamine white normal priscilla ear and a bluefairy beauty white fist, the tail is dearmine pure white, and the large headcap is dollzone 2015 white skin for extra reference. :0