1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine DearLover Mini 40cm Discussion Part 3

Jul 8, 2016

1. Hello, I'm a new DL owner who's interested in purchasing a female body for my Festival Oskar in the future - I was wondering if anyone had experience looking for bodies to match Dearmine's white skin sculpts? I was thinking I should just order a body from Dearmine to ensure the skin matches (although they seem to have an out-of-stock/contact us for a price up on their listings), but I've had friends comment that other companies might have better stringing and posability, and the Dearmine female bodies seem to be too slender for 42-45cm doll clothes after checking around clothing compatibility threads. Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. The Dear Mine DL girl bodies and heads are pretty small, I'm not sure how the Oskar head would look on them. Clothing wise they fit minifee clothes pretty well. The minifee ribcage is a bit smaller than the DL girl so some tightly fitted items are hard to close. The leg length might be a bit different too, but I'm not sure as I've found the fit inconsistent.

The posing on the DL girl body is ok. Single jointed lknees are the biggest let down. Restringing the legs with individual strings helps a lot too.

If you have DM's pure white (not normal white) Dika, Resinsoul, and Mirodoll all have pure whites as well so you could look at their bodies.

3. Not so many photos in here so here's one of my Loc whose story world died and he doesn't have a new name yet. :sigh

[​IMG]

#63 scripple, Nov 29, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    4. Well I wish you luck getting your Loc a new name because he has a really cool staff in this picture and some freakin' awesome eyes! He's very interesting already.

5. Ooh wow he's super cute! I love his staff! :D

6. @HeavensChaos @Quiet and Insane thanks. I just realized I accidentally gave him a wrong name already. :frownyblush: This is Nocturne of course, not Loc who is the Dear Pet sheep. Oops. Now I really do owe him a proper new name.

The eyes are awesome. They catch so much light even in normal room lighting that they really show up well. I'm a big fan of eyes from this company (CandyKittensEmporium) in general.

I have a few staffs for him. For some reason he has always seemed like he should have a staff.

7. @scripple I will definitely check out their sites! Have you personally had experience resin-matching with any of them? I know DM's pure white is very papery white, so I've found so far that it's a struggle to find a perfect match, and unfortunately there don't seem to be very many DM resin matches on DoA. Thank you very much for the info, though!

8. I have a pair of Dika Pure White (or whatever they call it) jointed hands and a mirodoll white body and they both match fine to a DM pure white head. They're all basically untinted, non-translucent resin. Resinsoul's is supposed to be the same but I have not seen it in person.

9. Hello! Sorry to interrupt the conversation about resin matching:yawn
      But I feel like I needed to pop in and say hi to everyone!
      I don't have a DM Lover yet. But have been planning to get one.
      I wish I had notice them earlier:...( (because I'm a big fan of the Saera sculpt).
      Now, I just have a few questions,
      does Dearmine only offer pure white and normal white regularly?
      I thought I saw someone said "normal skin" in the thread,
      but I couldn't find "normal skin" on the drop down menu on Dearmine's website
      And about how long is the wait time for Dearmine?

10. @scripple, thank you greatly for the info! I was looking at mirodoll due to their very affordable prices so that's encouraging to know!

@hsifalissa, I believe they must have been referring to either the normal white color or one of DM's human dolls, as I don't think DM has ever offered a normal skin color on the anthro sculpts. The closest you'd probably get is normal white, which is slightly creamy. I wish you best of luck getting a DL though, they're really lovely!

11. @hsifalissa - I think their normal skin colour is only available for their (now discontinued) human Dear Shine dolls. Pure white and normal white are available for their anthros, they seem to offer pure white the most often out of the two. It's been a while since I bought from them, but their wait times are pretty reasonable I never waited more than two months (with the exception of one layaway).

12. @fishcakes and @Quiet and Insane Thank you so much for clarifying for me :abow:
      You guys are the best! Now I just can't wait to get a Dear Lover :p
      (I think I will take advantage of the upcoming event teehee)

13. This year's Dear Lovers for the event will probably be photographed in their Cocoa (tan) skin since that's in the notice. But the notice also says they should be available in white skin as well which is pretty normal for them when they offer skin colors! I hope someone in the event catches your eye!

14. @HeavensChaos Oh that's so exciting!!! I can't wait to see photos of their event :whee:
      I generally like the Angela sculpt (Although I like the Priscilla cool version more, I just keep missing them haha:doh)
      And I will most likely be buying the Merry-go-round outfit:drool,
      but we'll see what the actual availability is when the event starts.

15. @hsifalissa Luckily that's not too far away, so I wish you luck getting your outfit!

16. Aww! Thank you! :D (fingers crossed!!)

17. Been following Dearmine for a bit now, and every event I've been hoping they'll do another run of Saera. Anyone have any idea if they ever plan on selling her again, or at this point, should I just try and get marketplace access and try to find her secondhand?

18. @dovecoon oh my goodness me too! haha! Unfortunately I have no idea when they will do another release of Saera:...(

19. No idea at this stage. They don't really seem to go by any schedule of when they'll re-release someone. Perhaps email and ask?

20. Yea, asking is probably your best bet - I mean this round they even mentioned how long its been since they released Evans so they do notice when a sculpt hasn't been out in a while....