1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DearMine DearLover Mini 40cm Discussion Part 3

Jul 8, 2016

1. @HeavensChaos yeah I'll have to try the other dress on again with the blue eyes and see how much impact the dress makes. Lighting matters too. Like in my normally not photography bright room the bright blues are a little better a catching the lower light.

@chibi-kagu thanks on the tail and the dresses. My original leaning was towards the grey too, but now I"m more torn. Ah the joys of indecision. Fortunately it's not like either choice has to be permanent. One of the nice things about this hobby.

2. i saw that dearmine announced DL Ares and DL Precious Ares will be coming soon over on their twitter. gotta say, i'm intrigued by the pattern/skin on the Precious version! the black and cocoa looks nice together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I know what you mean about the Precious Version, that's a really color pattern they're doing for his first release! Ares has a really interesting face and that tail. I think Koon had a shorter tail too, but it wasn't this one was it? Either way, he's going to be super interesting to see in the full pictures!

4. I'm super curious and want to see more of Ares. I like the black/cocoa pattern, though I'm not quite sold on his face, unique as it is. We'll have to wait and see.

Also...Tsukito turned four a couple of days ago! My how time flies. :)

[​IMG]WP_20180615_14_33_21_Rich by Liz, on Flickr

5. Hi!
      I don't know if this is the right place to ask this or not but could someone tell me the measurements of DL girls? I can't find it anywhere *_* Everything I know is their height :sweat
      Thank you for helping!!! :abow:

6. Hi!
      What does everyone think of the posing of the girl cat body?
      I like the shape of the older tail better but dearmine have said they can't make one for me :(
      Do the calves points affect clothing much?

7. @vam31 here are some measurements I made for my reference when buying clothes. Note that I don't sew so don't use these as some perfect set of measurements for tailoring an outfit or anything like that. I believe this is the format Alice's Collection asks for for SPO outfits, but I didn't order one for a DL girl as I found their "custom" outfits to be worthlessly lacking in any customization size wise.

DL Girl:
      Height: 39.5 cm
      Neck Girth: 7.0 cm
      Bust Girth (widest): 18.0 cm
      Waist Girth (narrowest): 12 cm
      Hips Girth (widest): 19 cm
      Arm Girth: 5 cm
      Wrist Girth: 4 cm
      Thigh Girth: 11 cm
      Knee Girth: 6.5 cm
      Calf Girth: 7.5 cm
      Ankle Girth: 5 cm
      Inner shoulder (Neck Root) to Foot instep: 30 cm
      Inner shoulder to Narrowest Waist: 7 cm
      Narrowest Waist to Foot instep: 23 cm
      Shoulder to Thumb Root: 13.5 cm
      Shoulder to Wrist: 12 cm
      Shoulder Width (include both arms): 8.5 cm

8. Thank you so much! This is a great help! I'm so thankful for you! <3:eusa_pray<3 I'd like just buy some clothes for now so this is more than enough information for me :3nodding:

9. That two colored Ares looks really cool, is somewhere more pics of him? Also liking a lot red riding hood cool Angela. Those gentle features are so lovely.

10. @vam31 for buying clothes I've found things labeled for minifee generally fit ok with two "gotchas". Leg length is sometimes off, I've had it both a bit too short and a bit too long though, so I'm not sure if this is just individual tailors or the different models of minifee being different heights.

The consistent problem though is very fitted tops. The DL girl chest not including the breasts is a bit bigger around than a minifee. So even though the bust measurement including the breasts is the same the clothes with either barely fit or not quite fit on the DL girl as they can't be closed due to the bigger body.

11. @scripple Honestly, I was really curious about their measurements bc I hoped they can wear minifee clothes XD so after you write it down for me I went straight to check minifee sizes and yes, I also noticed their chest size differences. But I hope some loose-fit T-shirts can be OK. :D
      Well, until I'll buy shorts I think the leg lenght won't be a problem :D Thank you for directing my attention to it. (Btw, I really didn't want to buy long-leg trousers bc I thought it woudn't look nice on their cat leg :3 but if you can show me some pics for refute it I won't mind it :D )

12. @vam31 loose fitting minifee shirts should be fine. I don't find any issue with the calf part in pants. You can look through my photo stories at BJD Stories - Hesvar Index to see some photos of DL Angela wearing some long pants.

13. So I caved and bought a Nocturne from the marketplace, and he arrived super fast and I've just been admiring him for the last hour or so. He's SO CUTE. He's sitting next to my computer and I keep reaching over to pat his super soft wig (he's so fluffy I'm gonna die, etc) and tapping his snoot. He's my first fullset doll, too, and I'm really impressed with the quality of his outfit, especially the coat. I have a thing for pretty linings in clothes; something about putting the effort into a part of the garment you normally can't even see is so nice.

I was not expecting to be into this brand, but I think I'm a convert.

14. Oh yay! He's super cute. :)

15. Congrats on your Nocturne! Sounds like he found the right home! Too many of Dearmine's sculpts have wonderfully tappable snouts, I totally understand XD

16. You're right! :D the pants look great! I'm really glad for this :D thank you!!

17. @HeavensChaos Thanks! Now that I have one in person, the other sculpts are starting to look more charming, which is trouble for my wallet, especially if Dearmine ever runs that bird wing promo again...

@scripple Thanks for linking your photo story! I really like how you have your crew styled, and it's really helpful to see how clothes look from all sorts of dynamic angles like that. (And your Pris is soooo cute!) Edit: Got my wires crossed for a second, there!

#117 sugarbeta, Jun 25, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    18. @sugarbeta those would be my photo stories linked. I'm glad you like my crew though. :)

19. Oh jeez, @scripple how did I get that mixed up?! XD I am getting kind of sucked in, though. Good thing there's only....60-some parts? ^^;;

20. At least some of them are short through @sugarbeta. I welcome comments on future stories if you actually enjoy. It's the fuel for me to keep going.

And back on topic, did anyone order Ares? I think he looks a bit off from a front view. Is it just me?